Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The point of writing to SK even if you just get a nice non descript answer, is that SK added fast track at Alicante from June 3rd,your boarding pass was correct, and the airport staff was wrong. While it will not help you for this flight, it might help you if you are back on the same route with SK.
Not to forget help other pax on the same route.

Originally Posted by nussle
Just for your amusement I complained to Sas about the fast track yesterday.

The response is to take it up with the airport.

Please dont ask ask me to complain to Sas again. It’s a complete and total waste of time.
I'm amazed about the amount of bad answers you get from SK and how fast they respond to your complains.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jun 18, 2019 at 7:21 am Reason: To comply with rule 12
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: EBG
See attached picture

Last edited by nussle; Jun 18, 2019 at 5:15 am Reason: Add picto
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:27 am

I am not hostile to them, I just think I should get what I paid for. So, my letters in the past have been about priority luggage arriving last (it’s the contractor) the conditions of the lounge (no reply) the lack of priority boarding in Alicante (on their Facebook page).

Do you accept to pay for something and not receive it?

Anyway, you defend then so strongly I guess you work for them...as has already been implied.

If you do then fix the issues rather than defend poor service. Implying I am being untruthful does not help in the forum nor does being condescending or rude. It’s a forum, stuff gets discussed.
copperred likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:47 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
See attached picture
I can't see a picture.

You should complain with the feedback form on the website, I think this is the best way to get in contact with them, especially since so many things went wrong with your flight.

The fast track access reminds me of the ordeal with LH and LX and EDW in RAK (Marrakech). There is a paid fastrack available and for the past two years both LX and LH and EDW said I'd have access to it, but I was always declined at the fast track gate (even with Fast track stamps). One day we had enough and went back to the Check in desk to complain that they wouldn't let us in the fast track. Supervisor came, argued with the security guy: We were let in. Great. Since this year there is no more problem accessing the fast track on LX, LH or EDW anymore and no more arguing is necessary. So it took them two years, but eventually things worked out. The only downside now, the fast track is so tiny, that if there are some people it takes ages, since there is only one security guy working there.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jun 18, 2019 at 5:53 am
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:04 am

Anyway, you defend then so strongly I guess you work for them...as has already been implied.
As I stated before. I don't work for SK, but I like to treat others like I want them to treat me. I would even defend norwegian if they were being bashed like you are bashing SK and I would never voluntary fly norwegian. I would rather decline a business trip than flying norwegian.

Implying I am being untruthful does not help in the forum nor does being condescending or rude. It’s a forum, stuff gets discussed.
And the way you rant about poor SK service isn't condescending?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:39 am

Nope, its not condescending as its a company and its factual. If the service is poor from the company or the company is promising things they cannot deliver then its not condescending its just factual.

I am not bashing SK, I am just describing the situations that have happened to me flying them. I would say the same about any other airline company if they did the same but they have not.

Except for BA but that was ten years ago so there is no point to write about it now.

But if you consider it condescending how would you suggest we bring to account companies like SK that are NOT providing the service they are taking money for.
copperred likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:42 pm

Nope, its not condescending as its a company and its factual. If the service is poor from the company or the company is promising things they cannot deliver then its not condescending its just factual.

I am not bashing SK, I am just describing the situations that have happened to me flying them. I would say the same about any other airline company if they did the same but they have not.

Except for BA but that was ten years ago so there is no point to write about it now.

But if you consider it condescending how would you suggest we bring to account companies like SK that are NOT providing the service they are taking money for.
Being condescending is not about complaining. It's about the way you complain. And remember it's still real people who you are complaining too. The SK customer service hasn't been taken over by AI yet.
I complain too, but I don't do it in a condescending tone.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
As I stated before. I don't work for SK, but I like to treat others like I want them to treat me. I would even defend norwegian if they were being bashed like you are bashing SK and I would never voluntary fly norwegian. I would rather decline a business trip than flying norwegian.

And the way you rant about poor SK service isn't condescending?

I certainly can sense attitude that suggests whatever honeyed words you think apply to you regarding your treatment of others is not in evidence here or on other threads, it's just not. Your version of the golden rule is more "do as I say, not as I do".

Stockholm Syndrome is real.

Last edited by copperred; Jun 18, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Discontinuing or otherwise not providing lounge access for premium passengers has a tendency to make such customers more open to choosing airline service providers on the basis of price more than would otherwise be the case.

The less I get out of flying in a premium cabin or with airline/alliance premium status program membership on an airline, the more likely I am to consider flying other airlines that are nearly as convenient (or even more convenient) and select purchases based on price. Especially when there are other ways to access lounges for a relatively low or no additional variable cost to me.
Exactly that. By removing the aspects of your product that differentiate you from the competition as legacy carrier, you unavoidably bring the fight to LCCs home ground: direct price competition.

Wasn’t it Bernard Shaw who wrote that “If you wrestle a pig in a mud hole, you will both get dirty, but the pig will in fact like it”? Or something along these lines...
GUWonder and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by East_and_West

Exactly that. By removing the aspects of your product that differentiate you from the competition as legacy carrier, you unavoidably bring the fight to LCCs home ground: direct price competition.

Wasn’t it Bernard Shaw who wrote that “If you wrestle a pig in a mud hole, you will both get dirty, but the pig will in fact like it”? Or something along these lines...
Here is what happens when legacy majors decide to go cheap on service provided back for the money or otherwise and go to school us to pick way more on price alone:

Never before today have I flown a DL basic economy ticket, at least not long-haul. And yet now I am in the air on DL in “basic economy” leaving Scandinavia because it was not easy to avoid it. I get lounge access even without using DL/Skyteam elite status. It’s non-stop. The DL mileage program now mostly stinks from the rebate currency perspective and my elite status provides less and less. The seats are whatever they are since most of my trips are booked less than 24 hours in advance. What will I do next time leaving say Europe for JFK and I see “basic economy”’ come up? Book basic economy if it makes sense enough for me, and not give DL any premium for my business in economy class and not pay any ancillary fees. I learned a lesson: don’t avoid basic economy always. Is that what they really wanted to teach me?

Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:16 am

since most of my trips are booked less than 24 hours in advance. [...]I learned a lesson: don’t avoid basic economy always. Is that what they really wanted to teach me?
I guess Delta or any other carrier is not looking out for traveler with a profile like yours. They are in the mass transportation market where they have to fill as much seats as possible, as reliable and predictable as possible to operate with profit. Pax with booking patterns like yours (or mine) are just good to fill up the last few seats at the last minute... a nice bonus.

and the one thing is clear, ticket prices are the one and most important thing deciding the load quota in the back of the plane. For the pointy end, (actually both ends are more or less pointy...) I think next to price you have corporate agreements, schedule and route network/convenient connections which determines how successful (means how well booked) a flight is.

very little has to do with ancillary services on the ground.
GUWonder and East_and_West like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Here is what happens when legacy majors decide to go cheap on service provided back for the money or otherwise and go to school us to pick way more on price alone:

Never before today have I flown a DL basic economy ticket, at least not long-haul. And yet now I am in the air on DL in “basic economy” leaving Scandinavia because it was not easy to avoid it. I get lounge access even without using DL/Skyteam elite status. It’s non-stop. The DL mileage program now mostly stinks from the rebate currency perspective and my elite status provides less and less. The seats are whatever they are since most of my trips are booked less than 24 hours in advance. What will I do next time leaving say Europe for JFK and I see “basic economy”’ come up? Book basic economy if it makes sense enough for me, and not give DL any premium for my business in economy class and not pay any ancillary fees. I learned a lesson: don’t avoid basic economy always. Is that what they really wanted to teach me?
This is not a great example. Flying DL's worst class of service on an over-provisioned route that is just over 7 hours in duration on a crappy old 767 on a last minute ticket makes you look like any corporate traveler without a premium air travel policy and therefor uninteresting other than load. DL/SkyTeam have a lot more to offer that do make me use them significantly more than SK/StarAlliance. Better network, better lounges, better food, better premium cabins, much much better service, better/working priority boarding, better elite status difference/benefits between levels, 24x7 elite support, better redemption options for my miles (I care less about value and more about what I can spend miles on etc). Those are the reasons I use them over SK.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
This is not a great example. Flying DL's worst class of service on an over-provisioned route that is just over 7 hours in duration on a crappy old 767 on a last minute ticket makes you look like any corporate traveler without a premium air travel policy and therefor uninteresting other than load. DL/SkyTeam have a lot more to offer that do make me use them significantly more than SK/StarAlliance. Better network, better lounges, better food, better premium cabins, much much better service, better/working priority boarding, better elite status difference/benefits between levels, 24x7 elite support, better redemption options for my miles (I care less about value and more about what I can spend miles on etc). Those are the reasons I use them over SK.
It’s a great example of dumbed-down offerings making a person more willing to take an “unbundled” choice and realize that “loyalty” to an airline or alliance is overrated and that business class and higher fare economy tickets may not actually be needed as much as previously thought. I did this DL basic economy flight within a seven day period where I had two DLOne flights.

Over-provisioned route? Not when I want to go nonstop between a specific airport pair and not have to count on DY long-haul.

DL miles provide better redemption options? I must be the most ill-informed DL MM around then. If someone wanted to exchange SK points for DL miles at a 1:1 ratio, I would be laughing at the SK points-provider all the way to the bank and back while circling the whole globe multiple times.

Better lounges? Sometimes yes and sometimes not; but then again, except at SkyTeam hubs, DL mostly uses the same non-US lounges I can get access to regardless of which carrier I am flying.

Priority boarding? Doesn’t mean much to me when I would prefer to be one of the last to board. At least with DL from Scandinavia to the US, I know I will more reliably be able to avoid check-in counters than when using SK to the US and I will be able to be the last to board without having to fill in some stupid paper form by hand before even being allowed into the gate area.

Better network (connecting?), better lounges, better in-flight food, better premium cabins, much much better service, better/working priority boarding, better elite status difference/benefits between levels, 24x7 elite support, better redemption options for my miles? None of thiose are substantial discriminating factors for my purchases of west-bound non-stop flights bought within 24 hours of departure. My time is more limited than my money, and most of what is mentioned above is either lacking in sufficient differentiation or is substitutable enough for me on a west-bound TATL flight to not matter enough to get me to go back to older habits.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 24, 2019 at 8:02 am
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: SK, KL, FI
After finding out (just after these lounge access 'enhancements') that my lounge access in GDN was removed from my Plus ticket, when at the lounge, I wrote a complaint to SK, to which I got a ridiculous reply among the lines of: 'yeah we improved our lounge offerings by cutting out lounges at third party offerings and focusing on improving the lounges that are used most, so you would have been most welcome in out lounge at OSL!'. To which I replied 'how can I get in the lounge in OSL when I need a place to work when traveling on a premium SK ticket in GDN?' They never replied.

Since, all traffic to airports where SK doesn't offer lounge access goes to competitors (as I told SK in a 'customer satisfaction survey') or to the cheapest ticket at SK, in case the departure/arrival time fits best. No 'premium' product on that route, as I won't pay anything for not getting anything extra. So they only think SK got out of me here is that I fly less with them and buy cheaper tickets, exactly as they apparently wished I would do.

Last edited by ImportViking; Jun 25, 2019 at 2:02 am Reason: more precise reply to the discussion
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: SK, KL, FI
Originally Posted by copperred
Some people certainly have a barrel of excuses available, but perhaps they do it for free.
Those are called 'apologists' and they can be found everywhere, not just on FT. They are usually very annoying and go lengths in an often unjustified attempt and effort to protect a product or company that they, for whatever reason, feel overly connected to to just too much sympathy for. They try to talk all that's wrong into right. Just don't feed these trolls.

Avoiding conflict is also very Scandinavian, which might also lead to such behavior. I personally believe that sometimes things just must be said, confronted or discussed in order to create awareness, remove (unspoken) frustrations or make general improvements. Hint: despite living in Scandinavia, I'm not Scandinavian.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.