Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
By April next year all planes will have new seats. The plane specifically mentioned for different Plus seating, LN-RKP, is also getting new seats in Plus.
LN-RKP is heading south right now as SK 9135. Consistent with ZRH as destination.

"New" Plus-seats finally?
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
LN-RKP is heading south right now as SK 9135. Consistent with ZRH as destination.

"New" Plus-seats finally?
Arrived ZRH. Wiki updated
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
Arrived ZRH. Wiki updated
Indeed.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
LN-RKP just left ZRH after completing the PLUS seat modification

I rode on OY-KBC yesterday - gosh, that thing needs heavy cleaning outside and a new paint.
It will be taken care of when it will enters the hangar this weekend ^
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by SK1989
LN-RKP just left ZRH after completing the PLUS seat modification

It will be taken care of when it will enters the hangar this weekend ^
Nice. So everything on schedule.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What about the reserve a/c with LAN interior? What's that all about?
Your question is?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Your question is?
1. Are they planning to upgrade that one to the SK new interior?

2. Whether that a/c has internet on board as well?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
1. Are they planning to upgrade that one to the SK new interior?
No, it will retain the current LAN interior with lie-flat seats in business but it has received a new PLUS cabin and new seat covers thru out the whole cabin. This aircraft will from now on only be used as an backup aircraft.
2. Whether that a/c has internet on board as well?
It has not.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:20 am

LN-RKP did it's first revenue flight with Plus seats this weekend, CPH-EWR-CPH
Old May 12, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: EBD (*G), Le Club Gold
Had the 'joy' of flying on LN-RKP IAD-CPH departing Sunday evening. There was a technical problem on the original A330 leaving CPH, so we got landed with the reserve a/c.

Yes, they have installed Plus-seats. No, there is no internet.

Seems they broke a number of things too. I was in the small part of the business cabin, and there were lights that flickered on and off regardless of the switch, several IFEs that didn't work (same IFE as the new cabin a/c, btw), and seats that didn't recline. There was even a seat that could recline, but couldn't be moved back to normal position... apparently there were also problems with the galley equipment. Needless to say, the crew were pretty frustrated. How did the a/c go for a part overhaul, and come back worse for wear?!
Old May 13, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by danishpatches
Had the 'joy' of flying on LN-RKP IAD-CPH departing Sunday evening. There was a technical problem on the original A330 leaving CPH, so we got landed with the reserve a/c.

Yes, they have installed Plus-seats. No, there is no internet.

Seems they broke a number of things too. I was in the small part of the business cabin, and there were lights that flickered on and off regardless of the switch, several IFEs that didn't work (same IFE as the new cabin a/c, btw), and seats that didn't recline. There was even a seat that could recline, but couldn't be moved back to normal position... apparently there were also problems with the galley equipment. Needless to say, the crew were pretty frustrated. How did the a/c go for a part overhaul, and come back worse for wear?!
As far as I remember the plan was to return the bird to Airbus in 2017 when the first A350 was delivered. This is also why the bird only got new plus seats, and not a full cabin overhaul, incl. internet etc.
I don't know whether the bird will be returned in 2017 now the A350 are delayed.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Anybody with photos of the 'new' plus section on LN-RKP?
Old May 21, 2016, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by finloopio
A/C change on 6/1 CPH-IAD to A340-400. Seat map shows 2-2-2 configuration in business. Are you kidding me? Did I seriously just get an a/c change to the ONLY non-retrofitted plane remaining?

I booked return travel through CPH for the sole purpose of trying SAS new business class.
That is likely LN-RKP, the ex-LAN plane with 2-2-2 C, aka the back-up plane. Fully flat beds, so better than non-retrofitted but nowhere as nice as the new business class.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by view
That is likely LN-RKP, the ex-LAN plane with 2-2-2 C, aka the back-up plane. Fully flat beds, so better than non-retrofitted but nowhere as nice as the new business class.
Thanks for the info. That is certainly better than what I hear the old SAS seats are. The Wiki says updated April 2016... updated to what? Any link to photos? I can't find anything.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:40 am

Here is a review, though in Norwegian. Still you can see the pictures.
http://www.businessclass.no/en-test-...usiness-class/

The update the plane just had was only to install a Plus cabin (using the old seats) as it did not have that previously. The plane is meant to be a back-up when all refurb is done end of June, and it will be handed back to Airbus when the A350s start to arrive in 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.