Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Are you sure you were in LN-RKP or the CS-... leased from HiFly?
C'mon, don't insult my razor sharp a/c registration ability

http://planefinder.net/flight/SAS925...11:55:00%20UTC

If you go back in this thread you can even find a picture of the seatmap which I posted. This was LN-RKP alright (in full SK livery). Miserable in economy but might have have better up front.

Last edited by BHIL; Feb 17, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Old Feb 18, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I actually had the same experience when on LN-RKP. Plus was just Eco, nothing worked (not even the reading light) and the same lies were told about that plane being the 'backup' long haul for SAS. If so, then why is it on route almost daily, hm? And why does it almost exclusively serve certain routes, hm?

Anyway, I suggest to complain to SAS customer service. I did that and got a few thousand points in compensation.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Svantevit
I did LN-RKP from ORD-CPH in C a week ago. It´s still clear that the different layout of the cabin compared to the other SK birds does give the crew some challenges (where to find things, where to put things etc.). But bottomline is that he seats are fully flat (although of an older type) and provides for a nice sleep (I slept from when the seatbelts on sign was turned off until 45 min before landing^). Be aware that the arm rest is very much smaller than on the normal birds meaning that you might get to know your neighbour on a daylight flight a bit more than you want to.

I didn´t really have time to try out the IFE but the screen is bigger and better and the selection seems to be much larger.

Svantevit
I had the pleasure of LN-RKP again yesterday on the ORD-CPH route.

The seats in C seem quite old but I actually like them as they go more or less fully flat and provide me a good nights sleep. Interestingly, the IFE did not work (they mentioned that the engineers had worked on it without success so maybe a one-off ?). Anyway, they had ipads you could borrow as a substutite for the IFE. I had a look at one and the selection was the same as for the normal IFE.

Svantevit
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Svantevit
Anyway, they had ipads you could borrow as a substutite for the IFE. I had a look at one and the selection was the same as for the normal IFE.
Hm really? The same usual selection on LN-RKP or the usual selection as they have on the other non-refurbised aircraft?

If the first is the case it is incredibly insulting that they aren't handing out ipads on other flights. I haven't been able to find something to watch on a SK long haul flight for probably the past 2 years because of the small mediocre inventory of titles people have already seen by the time they hit SK's IFE.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Hm really? The same usual selection on LN-RKP or the usual selection as they have on the other non-refurbised aircraft?
The same selection as they have on the old non-refurbished aircraft.

I flew OY-KBC (Freydis Viking) to EWR the week before and the selection was exactly the same.

Svantevit
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Unfortunate. The new IFE offering on LN-RKN is substantially better, so the problem will gradually solve itself over time but nonetheless the iPad solution could have been an intermediate fix.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Hi guys,

Just got this seatmap for Business EWR-CPH:

Is this the dreaded bird? SAS and SeatGuru claim it to be A343 (SeatGuru on the standard old SAS lay-out, though).

Any tips for best business seats?

Last edited by FlyerTalker01565; Apr 8, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Hi guys,

Just got this seatmap for Business EWR-CPH:

Is this the dreaded bird? SAS and SeatGuru claim it to be A343 (SeatGuru on the standard old SAS lay-out, though).

Any tips for best business seats?
It is not really dreaded when in business :-)
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not really dreaded when in business :-)
I saw that after following the links here (I'm not that much of a pretentious a$$hole ... ).

However, is it true that the business cabin is divided between 1-5 and 6-7? Window or aisle (how's the passing situation?). Middle or side? It's the 23.30 flight, so actually guess the middle is better when everyone has aisle access?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
7. and 8. on the 343 is in the small, separate cabin just back of door 2. On your picture it is 6. and 7. - hmm could be LN-RKP, which is slightly different. I don't know it personally.

Aisle-access is so-so.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:58 pm

It is not the default 343 layout, there they would be a clear visible separation between both C cabins (see my flight departing at SFO later today):

So it could very well be LN-RKP which in business is pretty good. Just Plus sucks big time.

I always go for 1A or 1H and if those not available 2-4 D or E. In row one it is fairly easy to get out of the seat without waking up the one next to you. I absolutely do not like the mini cabin 6-7. It is to close to the galley and the lavatories for my taste. Others like those 2 rows very much.

Last edited by fassy; Apr 9, 2015 at 4:05 pm
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy

So it could very well be LN-RKP which in business is pretty good. Just Plus sucks big time.

I always go for 1A or 1H and if those not available 2-4 D or E. In row one it is fairly easy to get out of the seat without waking up the one next to you. I absolutely do not like the mini cabin 6-7. It is to close to the galley and the lavatories for my taste. Others like those 2 rows very much.
Alright, thanks a lot all of you! I'm glad it's not the standard A343, then. I've changed to 4D on your advice, Fassy. I somehow think the odds of an empty seat next to me are better a bit further back - it seems to be the thing to want a boarding pass with a small number these days. Anyway, who am I kidding; the crew probably has friends and family traveling on an ID90 Go ticket ...
Old May 5, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: sas eurobonus
Has SK decided not to have OT upgrades available on the ln-rkp? My booking says uto not available on the ORD - CPH route in October.
Old May 7, 2015, 1:35 am

Exclamation Plane change on SK943/sk944 CPH-ORD?

It seems to me that SAS rented a plane with a different seat configuration for the SK943/SK944 CPH-ORD route.

The seat plan suddenly shows up with only Business and Economy but not Premium Economy (Plus) - it's either a 2-2-2 or 2-4-2 configuration where Plus is advertised as 2-3-2.

Does anybody know whats going on and if travellers on Plus are moved to Economy or Business?

//Cloudchecker
Old May 7, 2015, 2:06 am

It's the ex-LAN plane, there are countless threads on here with data on it. C is better than classic C but worse than new C. There is no Plus essentially, don't know about economy but I'm sure someone else does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.