Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
So how will we know if this particular aircraft will be used on a route? Is there a way to figure this out? I'm flying IAD-CPH and CPH-ORD in the next few weeks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by fassy
Hmmm, won't that be very hard for the fleet management and ticket sales?

You certainly don't want to downgrade a full Plus cabin to Go and pay compensation.
OMNI Air B767 did that downgrade too. Unless they use this A343 only on ORD route as there is a weird topic for early April flight.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wazow
I remember very different seats in PLUS and GO on long haul
Correct, the PLUS seat on the A330/A340 airplanes is considerably different from the regular GO seat.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:35 am

Never have been in Longhaul Go, just once in Plus - was always lucky with OT

Looking back through the cabin I didn't see much of a difference between Go and Plus but I might have been wrong.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by fassy
Never have been in Longhaul Go, just once in Plus - was always lucky with OT

Looking back through the cabin I didn't see much of a difference between Go and Plus but I might have been wrong.
You are wrong then, there is, for me, a big difference between the seats and the layout of Go and Plus on longhaul.

Actually one of the reasons why I often choose to fly longhaul on SAS, is the possibility, if you are lucky, to upgrade from Go to Plus and a more comfortable flight and more comfortable seats, via OT or with EB-points.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/SAS...irbus_A330.php

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/SAS...irbus_A340.php
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: SK-EBD
The A/C will have Plus according to Take-Off.dk. Even more seats than in the current fleet.

42 C / 32 Y / 174 M
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:22 am

Any link and photos?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
Any link and photos?
No photos.

Link to article (in Danish)
http://www.check-in.dk/NytSAS-langdi...t-som-de-andre
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
The A/C will have Plus according to Take-Off.dk. Even more seats than in the current fleet.

42 C / 32 Y / 174 M
With a plane equipped with 42 C seats and 222 M seats, maybe they plan to "convert" 48 M seats to 32 Y seats, by blocking every 3rd seat ?

If so, I'd probably be dissapointed with the legroom compared to the Y product in the rest of the longhaul fleet.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by raunow
With a plane equipped with 42 C seats and 222 M seats, maybe they plan to "convert" 48 M seats to 32 Y seats, by blocking every 3rd seat ?

If so, I'd probably be dissapointed with the legroom compared to the Y product in the rest of the longhaul fleet.
No, the Y seats will have about the same legroom as the other aircrafts according to my sources. If you look at the seatmap in expertflyer there are (in total) fewer rows in the forward eco cabin compared to the standard LAN config
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by SK1989
No, the Y seats will have about the same legroom as the other aircrafts according to my sources. If you look at the seatmap in expertflyer there are (in total) fewer rows in the forward eco cabin compared to the standard LAN config
Interesting news as the first information was the the plane only had C and M. So they have done some change in the configuration.

But I assume then the seats are the same in Y and M - but only the seat pitch is changed?

/Henrik
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by herro
Interesting news as the first information was the the plane only had C and M. So they have done some change in the configuration.

But I assume then the seats are the same in Y and M - but only the seat pitch is changed?

/Henrik
Galley size and toilet locations does count in cabin configuration. I think seat pitch is same in Y. And if there is less C seats, they have remowed mini C cabin after second (main) boarding door and installed PLUS cabin there?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 9:41 am

New Seat Map for A340-300?

We're flying to Copenhagen from IAD this summer, and we're slated for an A340-300. SAS has no seatmaps on their website, but SeatGuru does. In checking with the EF website, they show a seat map different than SG -- an extra row of EconomyPlus (Row 18) -- and Economy starting at row 20 vice 23 on SG. I was able to book seats in 23 via the LOT website (preferred on SG), and they show as blocked on EF...but EF also shows three additional rows of Economy which SG does not.

Does anyone know if SK has multiple configs for the 340, or if SG is out of date?
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by NellieVA
We're flying to Copenhagen from IAD this summer, and we're slated for an A340-300. SAS has no seatmaps on their website, but SeatGuru does. In checking with the EF website, they show a seat map different than SG -- an extra row of EconomyPlus (Row 18) -- and Economy starting at row 20 vice 23 on SG. I was able to book seats in 23 via the LOT website (preferred on SG), and they show as blocked on EF...but EF also shows three additional rows of Economy which SG does not.

Does anyone know if SK has multiple configs for the 340, or if SG is out of date?
The A330 has 5 rows in plus, so perhaps EF thinks/knows an A330 is going to be used on that flight.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:25 am

One of their A340s is in the same configuration as their A330s and I believe it has been noted by other users that this particular frame often services IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.