Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Seat location is very subjective and personal, I prefer the last row in order to be off the plane and in-front of immigration first. The service concept is the same as on other flights. Galley location is also similar incase that is something that bothers you. Front row has wall mounted screens which could also be an annoyance.

LN-RKP has lie-flat seats and improved IFE as the only A340 and is a better experience over the legacy cabin.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Sep 7, 2015 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Front row has wall mounted screens which could also be an annoyance.
Also, do not forget the bassinets... screamy, stinky, stinky...
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Interesting. The one time I flew Plus on that plane was on a revenue ticket and I didn't get upgraded. Biz wasn't overloaded, Go was, so several pax got bumped to Plus (including the woman next to me, that's how I know), so Plus was pretty full as well. But I didn't see anyone getting a complimentary upgrade to biz, though... Anyway, I've since managed to avoid this bird like the plague.

I got 15.000 points compensation, though...
I received an SMS from SAS this morning saying 'Thanks for booking SAS Plus! Todays flight is operated by an aircraft that does not feature normal Plus seats. We'd like to compensate you with EUR 200 discount on your next trip...'

Link - flysas.com/rkp

I'll see what happens when I get to CPH and will ask if Business is full.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:38 am

200 EUR discount for next booking, is that all? I believe you are entitled to 75% refund of the cost of your ticket in this instance. No compensation due of course if you are upgraded to business.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by view
200 EUR discount for next booking, is that all? I believe you are entitled to 75% refund of the cost of your ticket in this instance. No compensation due of course if you are upgraded to business.
That is debatable, if you get the enhanced meal and drink service compared to Go, but just a worse seat, does that constitute a downgrade?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:14 am

Considering that the Plus ticket for sure was more than 200€ more expensive then a Go ticket I would at least ask for the fare difference Plus-Go at the time of the booking.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by fassy
Considering that the Plus ticket for sure was more than 200€ more expensive then a Go ticket I would at least ask for the fare difference Plus-Go at the time of the booking.
Yep, will do.

The lounge lady said no business available and no surprise, since at the gate, they just announced that they are looking for volunteers to take tomorrows ORD flight as they are overbooked (EUR 300 hard-cash or EUR 600 voucher).

So, no complimentary upgrade (better to fly on Wednesdays or hope no one has done OT I guess) and I "should contact Customer Services to complain".

The main thing is that you don't know until after you booked that you've payed for something you won't get and as it's not due to operational reasons SAS knows in advance that they're selling a bum deal. I would not book on another A340 until they've all been upgraded.

I at least managed to bag a bulkhead window seat, so I'm stoked!

Last edited by pobbop; Sep 14, 2015 at 7:12 am
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That is debatable, if you get the enhanced meal and drink service compared to Go, but just a worse seat, does that constitute a downgrade?
I would argue the seat for most people is what defines the service class. Especially when the enhanced meal and drink service is hardly enhanced and doesn't even represent 10% of the difference in cost.

They could serve a Krug Private Cuvée in coach, it would still be coach.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It's still a downgrade, but anyone know how EU 261 interprets prem eco to economy invol downgrade? I have no references for that. For business to eco the practice is clear, not sure about this one.

Since as price difference is often quite big for Go to Plus longhaul, it could be worth pursuing.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by pobbop
I would not book on another A340 until they've all been upgraded.
There is the problem... LN-RKP and a couple of other older A340s will not get an upgraded cabin
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:06 am

We've seen LN-RKP almost exclusively being used on CPH-ORD and the occasional SK901/SK902. SK has also announced what A340 routes will see the upgraded cabin first.

I would avoid flying CPH-ORD/EWR/IAD if you really don't want to be on LN-RKP but otherwise you're reasonably safe.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:42 am

SK has also announced what A340 routes will see the upgraded cabin first.
Yeah... NRT... I hope this means SFO as well.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would argue the seat for most people is what defines the service class. Especially when the enhanced meal and drink service is hardly enhanced and doesn't even represent 10% of the difference in cost.

They could serve a Krug Private Cuvée in coach, it would still be coach.
Well, the difference is pretty discernable if indeed not very enhanced. Mostly free drinks as opposed to BOB, but second serving comes in a far more decent shape with a hot main course. I am fairly certain that SK will argue with the difference in service provided it is not a downgrade. So if, the normal Plus service is provided, it would be interesting to see if it can make a case as involuntary downgrade. I doubt it.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. If booking remains the same and normal SAS Plus service is provided it would not be a downgrade under EC Reg. 261/04. Equipment change is not considered a downgrade unless pax is forced to travel in different service class than booked.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:49 am

Just flew this bird back from EWR on SK902 (I love this flight). I have to say by far the best economy seats in the fleet are 11ABGH. Great leg room - I am 198 and could fully strech. Only down side is that the AVOD screen is small and wall mounted - and thus far away. But this also means that the seats are reasonably wide (as there is no screen that need to fit between the seats. Got 5+ hours of sleep in that seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.