Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Nov 6, 18, 11:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
Originally Posted by Tilly71 View Post
How long are Hilton redemptions taking at the moment? It Used to be a few mins to a few hours but I redeemed this morning but still not arrived yet?
From 1-2 minutes to 6 hours (never more)
Old Nov 7, 18, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by vvn1972 View Post
From 1-2 minutes to 6 hours (never more)
Thanks, has anyone done a Hilton redemption since the update of their systems last weekend I think it was?
Strangely, I received an email today about how I had made changes in my account to guest info which I had not. I called CS to be advised lots of calls been received since the changes made with similar emails, I was also advised there are some issues with points being credited to accounts and if my points do not arrive to call HH complaints dept in Glasgow to get credited.
Old Nov 7, 18, 10:04 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Tilly71 View Post
How long are Hilton redemptions taking at the moment? It Used to be a few mins to a few hours but I redeemed this morning but still not arrived yet?
I redeemed $100 for 7,000 Hilton points on Wednesday, October 31st and they haven't posted as of this morning (and they normally post within minutes of my redeeming) but had I been aware of Hilton's I/T update, I would have waited until it was completed. It appears that Hilton is still playing catch-up so I'm going to give it 2 weeks and then contact both E-Rewards and Hilton for an update
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Platinum, CP Gold, IHG Gold
How long for IHG points to post

Last night (more than 14 hours ago) I redeemed for IHG points, but they have not posted yet. Is this normal for IHG points? I haven't redeemed for IHG points in a few years, but I am accustomed to other e-rewards redemptions posting basically immediately. tls
Old Nov 8, 18, 9:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta Silver
IIRC, IHG points are a weekly sweep of the system and commonly show up late Tuesday/early Wednesday depending on your time zone
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:30 pm

Programs: IHG AMB/Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
is there a consensus on where to move some of these points if you just want to clear out your account? I read stuff about a year ago (maybe more recent too) about accounts being shut down. I've been using the service for years with no problems. But I do not want to lose my points either.

I was leaning towards Hilton or United. Again the move is speculative, nothing on the horizon I am looking to book but I have enough status with Hilton/United that the miles wont expire. I am tempted by Jetblue too in case I want to do any quick domestic hops (I live in NY) but its been a few years since I've flown jetblue because their schedule never seems to match up with my needs. Oh and if I go Hilton it seems the best ratio is the smallest transfer amount, is that normal?

Is there also a cap on how many redemption you can do in a certain time period?

Lastly, I signed up via Hilton but I am also spire ambassador with IHG but I do not see IHG as an option for me. If I google erewards and IHG I get a page which shows 3 transfer options. Are those not available to me?

Last edited by eggzlot; Nov 8, 18 at 1:36 pm
Old Nov 8, 18, 2:15 pm

Generally, you either sign up for a specific hotel program and get only that hotel program plus all the transportation (airline/rental car) options, or sign up with a specific transportation option and get only that transportation option plus all the airline options. The people who have all possible options are the ones who signed up with a program that no longer participates with e-rewards, most notably the folks who came in via a Northwest or Delta sign up link.

Different programs have different redemption time allowance ranging from once per quarter like Hertz to unlimited like IHG or Accor. I haven't hit a cap in the number of unique programs per 30 days, and I've probably done five different programs in a month when the surveys were unlimited this summer.
Old Nov 8, 18, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Generally, you either sign up for a specific hotel program and get only that hotel program plus all the transportation (airline/rental car) options, or sign up with a specific transportation option and get only that transportation option plus all the airline options. The people who have all possible options are the ones who signed up with a program that no longer participates with e-rewards, most notably the folks who came in via a Northwest or Delta sign up link.

Different programs have different redemption time allowance ranging from once per quarter like Hertz to unlimited like IHG or Accor. I haven't hit a cap in the number of unique programs per 30 days, and I've probably done five different programs in a month when the surveys were unlimited this summer.
Thanks - that is why I do not see IHG so makes sense. so I am really in the dark on this and I have a lot of points, I mean a lot. I always thought I could transfer over in 1 big swoop and get a free ticket somewhere. I just finished booking a trip and went darn it, I should have used some of those eRewards points, but now I am seeing there may be a cap on how many I can transfer so I am guessing I should follow other's leads and I guess just proactively move some over to accounts I use often? That is what puts me on the fence with United vs Hilton vs Jetblue. If so I picked United and hilton, would I be capped on transactions per month?
Old Nov 8, 18, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver, SPG Platinum, CP Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks a bunch, Beachmouse! tls
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:31 pm

The airline redemption interval is typically once per 30 days or once per month (each partner has a terms and conditions link with the details)

Iím currently waiting until November 10 for my next redemption because thatís when I can cash out for Alaska and BA from my account again. And my Flying Blue cash out date is the 26th or so of a given month
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
The airline redemption interval is typically once per 30 days or once per month (each partner has a terms and conditions link with the details)

Iím currently waiting until November 10 for my next redemption because thatís when I can cash out for Alaska and BA from my account again. And my Flying Blue cash out date is the 26th or so of a given month
any idea on Hilton cash out? Given the smaller quantity is a better transfer ratio it could take a while!
Old Nov 9, 18, 3:29 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Another data point
If you have used a telephone number to verify an account and they have closed that account, you CANNOT use the same number again in another account.
Old Nov 9, 18, 6:36 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTP, HH Diamond, SPG Plat 75/LTG
Originally Posted by eggzlot View Post
any idea on Hilton cash out? Given the smaller quantity is a better transfer ratio it could take a while!
Surprising/interesting that your transfer ration is "inverted," so to speak, rather than getting more points for more miles. From comments over time, it seems like most people have had it the other way, where you get more if you redeem in larger chunks. In my own case. for example, values range from 1000 points for $25 (40/$) to 7000 points for $100 ($70/$), with $50 and $75 intermediate in value. Mrs FTF joined later and her top redemption costs more ($125), but it's still a better value as you spend more.

But by all means get your e-rewards dollars to work in some account because you never know what the future holds in this program.
FTF
Old Nov 9, 18, 6:51 am

Worth repeating if you have a habit of not paying attention

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer View Post
But by all means get your e-rewards dollars to work in some account because you never know what the future holds in this program.
FTF
Anyone holding a "high" balance in an e-rewards account is gambling, whether you know it or not. That program is NOT something you can depend on or forecast with any reliability, and if something happens (to your account or to some program you are focusing on for redemption) you likely will have no recourse but to pray to the eReward gawd and that's not a prayer I'd wanta make. You may be saying to yourself, "I'll cash out when I just get $50 more...", you may live to regret that decision. if you are fortunate to have accumulated a good balance, redeem it and get it OUT.

btw, rest in peace, e-miles.
Old Nov 11, 18, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by eggzlot View Post
...Oh and if I go Hilton it seems the best ratio is the smallest transfer amount, is that normal?
Not sure where you get that idea. The smallest transfer amount is the worst ratio, i.e., 1,000 HH points for $25 = 2.5 cents per point; 2,500 points for $50 = 2 cents per point; 4,500 points for $75 = 1.67 cents per point (the best deal); and 7,000 points for $125 = 1.79 cents per point. Maybe your redemption prices are different from what I posted?
Is there also a cap on how many redemption you can do in a certain time period?
This info is provided on the erewards website when you do the transfer, BEFORE you finalize it. Right now, it says the following for HH: "Redemption of this Reward is limited. You may claim one Hilton Honors Reward per 60-day period per Hilton Honors account and/or e-Rewards Member account."

Note that the limitations change from time to time. HH has in the past required 90 days between redemptions, and they also later removed any restriction on frequency, but at the moment, it is 60 days.

Search this Thread