IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:41 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Hi all,

Wanted to give a head's up that we have an upcoming IT update next week. Depending on your time zone, select features will be offline starting October 30 and extend into October 31. During this time, the ability to book, amend, and/or cancel standard and redemption reservations will be temporarily unavailable. This includes doing so through our website, mobile app, call centers and hotel systems. Accessing member account information, along with the following Hilton Honors benefits, will also be temporarily unavailable: Redeeming Points for hotel stays, Shop with Points at Amazon.com and exclusive experiences.

Upcoming reservations during this period are secure, and you should not anticipate any changes to their bookings. Once the update is complete, Hilton Honors members can expect to see their Points post more quickly.

If you have any questions about an upcoming reservation, please contact the hotel directly. Following the update, if there are any questions about a particular stay during this period, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Curious, based on wording we can't even book a room through the hotel. How will this work for those of us that usually have to book same day. (We don't know where we'll need to stay sometimes till that night)

Will hotel still be able to give us a room?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
But what times?

Would be useful to know if it is starting at say 10am EST etc.....
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
This was the text of the email I received this morning about the upcoming outage:

During this time, our website, mobile app, call centers and hotel systems will be temporarily unavailable, along with the ability to book, amend, and/or cancel a standard or redemption reservation
This should be interesting for those of us checking in/out midweek.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; United Silver
I would be interested to know if the new loyalty platform will finally give us the ability to redeem weekend night certificates online.
hi55us and MoodyB like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

During this time, the ability to book, amend, and/or cancel standard and redemption reservations will be temporarily unavailable.
If someone learns he or she needs to cancel during the outage, but the deadline for cancellation passes during the outage, how will that be handled? There should be few people in this group, but given the size of Hilton, it is likely to be a non-zero group.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Let's just hope this doesn't end up like the gongshow at Stariott right now.
username and jthompso815 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
This was the text of the email I received this morning about the upcoming outage:

This should be interesting for those of us checking in/out midweek.
Wow....It seems like everything will be down for up to two days. Not sure if I have seen this before, at least with Hilton
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:16 pm

Must be a massive switch where everyone in the IT chain needs to update at the same time.

Would be interesting to know more than just the speed of points posting.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Must be a massive switch where everyone in the IT chain needs to update at the same time.

Would be interesting to know more than just the speed of points posting.
Could also be doing backup power renovations during the same time. I've worked a number of data centers in last year that combined getting backup power up-to-date and doing system conversions. Trying to prevent s***storms like DL had a year ago where didn't have enough backup power generating capability to run their data centers at full.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Is this the time to make sure you have used your HH points to best advantage? For me it is.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I have a dream...

Life time nights towards life time Diamond visible in our accounts when all these updates are over.
milesmilesmiles likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
phone app update too?

My android phone app looks very different today than it did a few days ago. I'm wondering if Hilton is going the way of making the website and phone app more similar. Time will tell after 10/31.

In any case I took a "before" screen print showing my vital stats just in case any numbers change or disappear during the IT update.

Pardon the "phone app update too?" heading. I can't change it.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich
Life time nights towards life time Diamond visible in our accounts when all these updates are over.
I am guessing your dream will come true.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I wonder if this is connected to a massive, unannounced devaluation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.