FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Test drive a car, get a gift card thread? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1327801-test-drive-car-get-gift-card-thread.html)

kebosabi Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by corky (Post 20291762)
How are you getting the Subaru one? I live near Torrance & would do it. I went to Subaru site...selected a car & then put in zip code for dealer & up popped the google map etc. for Subaru Pacific in Torrance but not test drive stuff. Is there some roundabout way to get it? thx

The same process as VW.

Google "Subaru dealer." Find Subaru dealer near you. You should already see a list of Subaru dealers near your area in the Google maps result.

Then go directly to the dealer's website (not from the main Subaru HQ page), pick a Subaru vehicle from the dealer's inventory, and the similar pop up like the VW one shows.

May not work for all Subaru dealers so YMMV. However, it worked for Subaru Pacific in Torrance, CA.

EkekoBWI Feb 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict (Post 20289762)
... but no love for the Washington DC/MD/VA area. :(

Too bad. Was going to see how it performed in this weekend's snow storm. May try the site in a week+ to see if it's just a slow roll-out.

corky Feb 22, 2013 12:22 pm

Got it for Pacific Subaru....had to go to check inventory to get the pop up. Thanks!!!

kebosabi Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by corky (Post 20298225)
Got it for Pacific Subaru....had to go to check inventory to get the pop up. Thanks!!!

Also, for some reason the print out that you're supposed to give to the dealer shows the old Subaru Pacific address in PCH (use to drive up and down PCH so I'm familiar with the area). The current Subaru Pacific address is supposed to be in Hawthorne Blvd. as on the dealer's webpage so don't try to punch in the PCH address onto your GPS to get there. :)

BaliParis Feb 23, 2013 11:06 am

I received the $25 Visa debit card from the Kia test drive today. That was fast!

corky Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 20299062)
Also, for some reason the print out that you're supposed to give to the dealer shows the old Subaru Pacific address in PCH (use to drive up and down PCH so I'm familiar with the area). The current Subaru Pacific address is supposed to be in Hawthorne Blvd. as on the dealer's webpage so don't try to punch in the PCH address onto your GPS to get there. :)

I found this out the hard way. I thought that I didn't remember seeing a Subaru dealer in Hermosa but I went there anyway...but then tracked them down & they were very nice & made it real easy.

kebosabi Feb 26, 2013 9:59 am

Got my Kia $25 VISA debit card yesterday. ^

Frenchie Flyer Feb 26, 2013 6:42 pm

I read on Fatwallet that some have found this Subaru offer by going to the dealer and seeing a sign posted on the window of the showroom. I haven't tried it yet. No luck withgetting offer by viewing of new car inventory online in my state.

EkekoBWI Mar 5, 2013 10:26 am

Got both Kia and Subaru GCs. If only Cartera was this reliable.

AnitaBryant63 Mar 5, 2013 11:44 am

Cartera usually means not honored for me.

Frenchie Flyer Mar 5, 2013 6:28 pm

Got a gift card from Kia today. My husband test drove another vehicle at Kia today after the dealer sent an incentive offer...he got the same salesperson we had last time. We got several test drive incentives at the Chicago Auto Show Valentine's week. That will help pay for the deep dish pizza we ate there.
If you have a car show in your area, we just went to every auto maker's reps and asked if they had any incentives for the show. They almost all had something...enter to win a trip, test drive offers, a hat, and they almost all had nice resusable bags.

kebosabi Mar 6, 2013 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer (Post 20367429)
If you have a car show in your area, we just went to every auto maker's reps and asked if they had any incentives for the show. They almost all had something...enter to win a trip, test drive offers, a hat, and they almost all had nice resusable bags.

I should've gone to the LA Auto Show; it's usually at the start of the year and missed it this year. Oh well... :p

Here's a new one, albeit limited to Omaha, NE.

Jaguar of Omaha - test drive and get $50 VISA gift card
http://www.jaguaromaha.net/specials/index.htm#

Anyone living near Omaha, NE or has plans to be near there, this one might be worth doing.

6am at ORD Mar 8, 2013 11:31 pm

Denver BMW and MB (same owner) are giving out $10 Starbucks gift cards. Visit the sites, click around, and then find an offer in Google ad's later in the day. They are right next to each other. I visited around closing and they gave me the card and a Coke. The went down the street for a $25 VW test drive.

kebosabi Mar 18, 2013 12:47 pm

According to FW, Honda seems to be doing a similar $25 GC promo like VW and Subaru. Good luck to those who get the popup show up in your local Honda dealer websites.

chemist661 Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Received the $25 Kia GC. Did a couple test drives that were advertised in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago but the dealers just played "games" when I didn't want to buy that day. Stratched those dealers off where I will buy my next car.

I will stick to ones where I fill out paperwork ahead of time and make a copy of it.

I do not trust promos by local dealers. Even when I asked the salesperson at Tustin Nissan (on my do NOT buy list) if the $25 gift card offer was good, he said yes. then I got turned over to two "manager" wannabes and they gave me different reasons not to do the deal.

Note: beware of Tustin Nissan in Tustin, Calif. :mad: Lost a sale!!