FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   S.P.A.M. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m-2/)
-   -   Test drive a car, get a gift card thread? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m/1327801-test-drive-car-get-gift-card-thread.html)

oldgoldflyer Dec 5, 2012 9:49 am

I agree. They should have never printed this on the reward. It only leads to confusion and is irrelevant to the consumer who took the test drive.

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 19796638)
It's the standard AmEx fee for buying a $50 gift card. I'd guess Acura probably did receive a discount of some sort for buying in bulk.

Bamaler Dec 6, 2012 7:45 am

Originally Posted by kipper (Post 19796638)
It's the standard AmEx fee for buying a $50 gift card. I'd guess Acura probably did receive a discount of some sort for buying in bulk.

To me, if you re gift it, if looks like that is how much you paid!

EkekoBWI Dec 7, 2012 2:20 pm

Chevy / Macy's Post-test Drive Email?

Was told by the dealership that the post-test drive confirmation email would be sent to me +48 hours for the Chevy / Macy's promo. No sign of it.

Anybody have any luck?

kebosabi Dec 7, 2012 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 19815103)
Was told by the dealership that the post-test drive confirmation email would be sent to me +48 hours for the Chevy / Macy's promo. No sign of it.

Anybody have any luck?

Not me either. I did get the confirmation on the Cabela's offer though. It seems the promo company is the same for both Chevy/Cabela and Chevy/Macys. If that's the case, it could be likely that you're only supposed to get one or their either.

But, who knows? We'll find out. Would be definitely nice to have both! :)

EkekoBWI Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 19815885)
Not me either. I did get the confirmation on the Cabela's offer though. It seems the promo company is the same for both Chevy/Cabela and Chevy/Macys. If that's the case, it could be likely that you're only supposed to get one or their either.

But, who knows? We'll find out. Would be definitely nice to have both! :)

Chevy Marketing called me today. They're not sure why no one (read: larger issue) has received a confirmation email. They said to contact Chevy again when it has been 6 weeks from the date of test drive if I have still not received the GC.

FYI--I didn't participate in the Cabela's offer, so I couldn't say if the two offers are exclusive.

Goofy Foot Dec 13, 2012 10:42 pm

I enjoyed driving the Camaro but...

has anybody received the Cabela's card?

MileageAddict Dec 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Goofy Foot (Post 19853840)

No Cabela's card here. Checking other discussion boards, it appears nobody has received it yet.

UPDATE: Card received 12/28/2012

6am at ORD Dec 17, 2012 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Goofy Foot (Post 19853840)

Got mine on Friday. Came in a green Cabela's branded envelope. The gift card had a Chevy truck and logo on it. It worked too, spent it Friday and got the free shipping promo + MrRebates cash back.

kebosabi Dec 17, 2012 11:07 am

Originally Posted by 6am at ORD (Post 19873219)
Got mine on Friday. Came in a green Cabela's branded envelope. The gift card had a Chevy truck and logo on it. It worked too, spent it Friday and got the free shipping promo + MrRebates cash back.

Cool. Will keep an eye out in the mailbox this week then. Tad cutting it close to Christmas, but oh well.

Goofy Foot Dec 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Cabela's arrived

Maybe I'll get that pillow shaped like a trout.

kebosabi Dec 23, 2012 2:13 am

My Cabela's came today. A bit too late to use it for Christmas shopping but a $50 gift card is still a nice Christmas gift in itself.

kajaz Dec 25, 2012 3:58 am

I received an Acura code and invite after a stay at the W Atlanta. Arranged the test drive at home in Anchorage. Got my $50 gift card several 6-8 weeks after the test drive.

EkekoBWI Jan 9, 2013 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 19829089)
Chevy Marketing called me today. They're not sure why no one (read: larger issue) has received a confirmation email. They said to contact Chevy again when it has been 6 weeks from the date of test drive if I have still not received the GC.

...and still nothing. Though I have to hand it to Chevy--they seem genuinely interested in making good on the promo.

kebosabi Jan 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI (Post 20012939)
...and still nothing. Though I have to hand it to Chevy--they seem genuinely interested in making good on the promo.

I just received an e-mail stating that the Macy's $50 GC has been shipped. It comes with an USPS tracking number.

maurys Jan 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 20035443)
I just received an e-mail stating that the Macy's $50 GC has been shipped. It comes with an USPS tracking number.

Thanks for the heads up, looking forward to mine. The tracking number is a nice touch. Had you contacted them earlier to find out when it was coming?