Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:24 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
The $200 statement credit posted! ^ Now that UA jacked up its change fee to a full $200, the statement credit was just enough to cover it.

I am glad VanDude and Dalla had more luck using the club upgrade and $200 credit. But I am still 0% successful using the upgrade after 10+ tries at Philadelphia and D.C. (both DC locations), and 10% successful using the $100 credit.

It sounds like Dalla booked ~2 months in advance, though, which seems like what is (at least) necessary to get the upgrade inventory. And it may be property dependent. It sounds like pdxstocks has had the same 0% success rate that I have.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by VanDude
Esquire, my experience recently with both the $100 credit and club upgrade was pretty good -- easily got both at an packed RC property where at least 2-3 conferences were happening.
Same here....I got my club upgrade for an Ocean Front room at Grand Cayman for next month at a rate lower than non-club OF room on the website. My confirmation also shows I will get the $100 credit ^
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by No Clue
I have had the card for almost two years and haven't had any issue getting the internet rate with the club upgrade. If you are referring to the online RC reservation rate, please educate me how I can do better. I have looked into several discount codes but none really did much for me.
Depending on date, property, and room type, I can usually save 10% to 33% off the online standard rate by using the AAA discount.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:41 am

Has anyone had to shorten a reservation (e.g. take off 1 night) that was previously confirmed using a club UG? Does doing so trigger a rate change and/or require a recheck of upgrade availability as of the date you call in to make the change? Or is it as simple as them taking 1 night off of your existing res, and keeping the rate and UG intact for the remaining nights, without having to re-roll the dice?

Thanks..
Old Jun 7, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Has anyone had to shorten a reservation (e.g. take off 1 night) that was previously confirmed using a club UG? Does doing so trigger a rate change and/or require a recheck of upgrade availability as of the date you call in to make the change? Or is it as simple as them taking 1 night off of your existing res, and keeping the rate and UG intact for the remaining nights, without having to re-roll the dice?

Thanks..
I did this once and they did check to see if the same rate was available, thankfully it was. I assume if it had changed I would have been required to accept the new rate.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: Ritz/Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, USAir Chairman, Aegean Gold
The $200 statement credit posted! ^ Now that UA jacked up its change fee to a full $200, the statement credit was just enough to cover it.

I am glad VanDude and Dalla had more luck using the club upgrade and $200 credit. But I am still 0% successful using the upgrade after 10+ tries at Philadelphia and D.C. (both DC locations), and 10% successful using the $100 credit.

It sounds like Dalla booked ~2 months in advance, though, which seems like what is (at least) necessary to get the upgrade inventory. And it may be property dependent. It sounds like pdxstocks has had the same 0% success rate that I have.
I haven't been successful with the $100.00 credit or club level upgrades through the RC card on any RC stay foreign or domestic.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:16 pm

Is there a working link for the no fee version of this card?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:08 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cyclotron
Is there a working link for the no fee version of this card?
While I may be mistaken, I don't think there is a "no fee" version.

If you want RC/Marriott points (and without the RC benefits), you're probably better off going with one of the Marriott card options (of which those come with the first year free.)
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
While I may be mistaken, I don't think there is a "no fee" version.

If you want RC/Marriott points (and without the RC benefits), you're probably better off going with one of the Marriott card options (of which those come with the first year free.)
http://www.ritzcarltonclub.com/landing/insider/2012-06/

This used to be a link for the no fee version. This was meant for residence club owners but worked for everyone. This does not work anymore. Hence I am wondering if there is another link somewhere for residence club owners that waives the fee for the first year.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by AM6449
I haven't been successful with the $100.00 credit or club level upgrades through the RC card on any RC stay foreign or domestic.
I have found that if you find identical room types i.e. resort view standard and resort view Club both available on the website you will be able to book the Club upgrade via the guest services 1-888 number without any problems.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by DallaStarwooDelta
I have found that if you find identical room types i.e. resort view standard and resort view Club both available on the website you will be able to book the Club upgrade via the guest services 1-888 number without any problems.
This has not been my experience. I usually get told that that room type is available on the club floor for sale but not for upgrade because the hotel is "close to sold out." But the hotel is always "close to sold out" it seems.

But I am glad it has been working better for you.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:42 pm

The club upgrade line just told me that the Ritz Washington D.C. does not allow club upgrades for suites, ever. Club upgrades for rooms may be available, subject to capacity controls, but club upgrades are banned if you book a suite because they will never allow the club-level suites to be upgraded into.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

club upgrades are banned if you book a suite because they will never allow the club-level suites to be upgraded into.
Creativity can overcome an absolute.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Creativity can overcome an absolute.
What does that mean?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:08 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

What does that mean?
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.