Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Have you ever been in a Ritz carlton club? Completely different world than Marriott/SPG...

BTW, the fee is usually much higher than $100 a day. Here's a few data points from stays in the last few years:

Kapalua - $230 upgrade fee
Cancun - $240
San Juan - $150
St. Thomas - $260
Sadly no... I only know about the $100 because a treated a friend to a RC stay in Dallas, TX and splurged for that option.

Got mixed feelings about the daily fees above. I think we would have to eat three meals+ a day plus park & drink ourselves silly in the lounge which would kind of defeat the purpose of traveling !
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
How Quickly Was Gold Status Shown

For those people who applied for this card and were not previously Gold level in MR, can you please tell how long it took for your new Gold status to show up on your MR account after your application was approved?
Also, and less importantly, how were you informed of approval - received an email?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Very first billing after approval
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Generally, I have been able to find rates for a club lounge room on other sites that are cheaper than the rate for a regular room on the Ritz-Carlton site, thereby rendering the ability to upgrade meaningless.
Could you share what those other sites are? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:39 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by HookEm
For those people who applied for this card and were not previously Gold level in MR, can you please tell how long it took for your new Gold status to show up on your MR account after your application was approved?
Also, and less importantly, how were you informed of approval - received an email?
I didn't get instant approval. I was called by a customer service rep the following day and she verified some information. I was then told me I was approved. No e-mail confirmation was sent.

I noticed my status converted to Gold a couple days later. I still don't see the club e-certificates though, and I don't have the card yet. It's been about one week since I applied online. I hope the card arrives soon!

ERQ

Last edited by ERQTraveler; Mar 4, 2013 at 5:40 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
I have just received my new RC credit card and have looked at the accompanying materials. I have a some questions for those who have some experience with the card:

1. Only baggage fees and in-flight meals are listed as qualifying for the $200 airline incidental credit. I called the number on the back of my card and was told only in-flight charges and baggage fees were eligible for the credit. But on some postings I`ve seen, it seemed like some people were getting other expenses paid, such as airline gift cards. Comments by anybody who has recent experience would be appreciated.

2. When you call regarding the $200 credit, do you have to provide justification and explanation for each possible expense, or do you just mention that there is a $50 charge to American Air (or whatever airline), and they immediately give you the credit.

3. I was told that the Gold status was good through March 7, which is when the year expires for my account. But, as you know, if I charge $10,000, the gold status will be extended. But it was unclear from talking to the agent I called how long my Gold status would last. For instance, if I charge $10,000 this calendar year,will my status be extended to the end of December 2014 or the end of my next account year (March 7, 2015.) If instead I delay in hitting the $10,000 in total charges until February of next year, would my Gold status be extended to the end of 2015. The agent I talked to seemed to be confused about this.

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:19 pm

I just called yesterday to get some charges from Hawaiian Air reimbursed (they were all in flight) and I did not have to justify any of the expenses. The CS rep said she saw I spent about $101 dollars and they would be adjusted within the next 24 hours.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just called yesterday to get some airline charges credited. I had 2 tickets on Delta charged, 2 charges for EC seats on delta, and 3 small ticketing charges. The CSR just asked me what charges I was looking at to get reversed and had the EC charges and ticketing charges credited without a problem.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Thumbs down Worst Card I Have Ever Had

Don't waste your time or money on this card. I have had it three weeks and am trying to cancel it and get the yearly fee waived.
Most people will be glassy eyed thinking about those three yearly upgrades to Club level....but before getting the card you best think about the "rules" to use the upgrade. The rules are simple.....regardless of all the rates you see on the Ritz website, you will get to pay FULL PRICE RACK RATE for the ability to use the upgrade IF the hotel has "availability". Nobody with any intelligence pays rack rate. Many of the advance purchase or weekend Club rates are cheaper than paying full price and using the upgrades.
In addition you are supposed to be able to get a $100 hotel spending credit on a two night or greater reservation...."subject to availability"....which translates good luck getting it! I called Ritz reservations regarding four properties on four different dates and each time I was told NO it is not available.
The airline club room access is limited. Any frequent flyer who belongs to an airline club program will have zero interest in this.
And for the 70,000 Marriott points....don't count on them if you are already a Marriott member or have received Marriott promotions tied to their branded Visa...yet more exclusions making this card the WORST premium card I have ever been stupid enough to sign up for.
I put in complaints with my state Attorney General's Consumer Affairs division, but of course Chase JP Morgan has every disclaimer, footnote, asterisk and restriction they can dream up to protect themselves. I guess I should have read their multi page prospectus/cardholder agreement before I signed up. and if their Executive Office assigns someone to "help" expect to get nowhere.
I for one am furious with Chase and am canceling three different Chase Visa cards over the experience.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
So you did not get the points sign on bonus because you had the Marriott card? Hmm, this puts a kink in my plan. I noticed others were getting both bonuses.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:28 am

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
This card just saved me $1000 on a four night stay in Buckhead last week!
I wish there were more RC locations, I'll never stay anywhere else, LOL
Totally happy with it. Yes, the rates they quote are different than on the website BUT sometimes they are LOWER. For example, when I booked a Fri through Tues, I paid the cheaper weekend rate for all 4 nights instead of almost doubling the rate for Sun and Mon.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:22 am
Suspended

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...edit-card.html
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Pdxstocks
Don't waste your time or money on this card. I have had it three weeks and am trying to cancel it and get the yearly fee waived.
I agree with you, this card is the worst Chase/JP Morgan product. I like my other Chase cards though. "Ritz" is not the same "Ritz" anymore...That`s why Chase is also a victim of those "availabilities".
Old Apr 9, 2013, 6:43 pm

Interesting, the amount of people who do not like this card. The $200 annual airline credit makes up for it by itself. - Plus it includes 70K Marriott points and Gold status for a year. I've had Marriott personal and business cards in the past (within the past two years) and had no problem getting the points. Although I do not use the card for everyday spending, I enjoy the card and the many benefits that come with it.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by tkee99516
Yep, that's what I did - Used the annual incidential $200 credit (yes, Ritz Card) to purchase Gift Certs through AK Air's website. Then will do so again starting January 2013. Then will cancel the card when the annual fee is due (sometime in June 2013). Will have worked this Ritz card for $400 along with 70,000 points before I close it off with no expense to me.
Did you do this again in 2013 and did it work? I purchased a 50 dollar ecert from alaska air website today. The transaction posted as "ALASKA AIR GIFT CERT" on my RC card. I sent a secure message asking to apply my $200 credit towards this alaska air charge. I got response in an hour saying they have forwarded the message to the correct department and should get a response within three to five business days. Did you call or send a secure message? Did you purchase all four certs in one day? Same or separate transactions? What did your transaction description state? I am just concerned with calling and just getting shut down because the description clearly states gift cert... with the secure message method I feel there maybe some hope :/

It seems like from the amex alaska thread that they changed the code to say "gift cert" around oct 2012 and people started getting mixed results on getting reimbursed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.