Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
How to use Club Level upgrade cert

I'm looking to book 2 nights using my club level upgrade certificate. However, I have 2 questions:
1. Is it usable for their advance purchased rate?
2. Do I book the room first then call them? How do I know if they have the upgrade available?

thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
If you are PLT (Premier) in MR and switch over to RC, will that make you PLT there and give you lounge access if one booked a stay on points?

Just an idea for an upcoming trip.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshua362
If you are PLT (Premier) in MR and switch over to RC, will that make you PLT there and give you lounge access if one booked a stay on points?

Just an idea for an upcoming trip.
If you are a Plat on either side, you are a Plat on the other. It's essentially one program. However, club lounge access is not a benefit.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by DFWFairy
I'm looking to book 2 nights using my club level upgrade certificate. However, I have 2 questions:
1. Is it usable for their advance purchased rate?
2. Do I book the room first then call them? How do I know if they have the upgrade available?

thanks.
Bookings using the credit card upgrade certificates must be made by calling the Ritz-Carlton reservation number in your "Welcome Package". They will confirm the availability at that time. My experience has been that they use the lowest available published rate (and no package rates). You will also get a $100 hotel credit for a two-night or longer stay. Enjoy!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by soitgoes
If you are a Plat on either side, you are a Plat on the other. It's essentially one program. However, club lounge access is not a benefit.
Wow! So no matter what your status is at a RC, the only way to gain lounge access is to book a club level room or pay the $100 per day fee?

So odd...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
called and they said only "regular rate" is elig for club level upgrade not even the weekend rate/adv purh rate
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
I'm about to pull the trigger to get the RC credit card. I have a few RC trips coming up in the next 3 months, and I want to maximize my point accumulation. The club level upgrade certificates are a nice perk too, even when using the regular rate, IMHO.

Anyway, I have read most of the thread and have learned a lot. However I think I might have confused myself with all of the information and still have some questions/clarifications for the experts on this forum:

#1 The amount of points I get from a RC stay is
room rate = 10 points/$ (from program) + 5 points/$ (from cc) + 25% bonus (from Gold status)
AND incidentals = 5 points/$ (from cc). Is that correct?

#2 The amount of points for a Marriott stay is the same as #1. Is that correct?

#3 Is the $100 benefit good for use with the Virtuoso and FHR rates? For the last 3 years, I've booked my RC stays using my Virtuoso TA and/or FHR, and I like the benefits that come with those programs.

Thank you.

ERQ
Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Chase Launching Ritz-Carlton Credit Card

I have had the Ritz card for almost one year. I like it better than the Plat AmEx I have because of the club upgrade & $100 off, evacuation & other travel insurance, the quality customer service, free additional cards & gold status.

To answer your questions:
1) Yes, paying with Ritz card & incidentals would need to be on hotel bill.
2) Should be as long as pay with Marriott card.
3) No. Must book by calling number given when get the card.

Good luck!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by brandonpkt

2) Should be as long as pay with Marriott card.
To be clear, you will not earn 5 points per dollar at Marriott properties with the Ritz card (kind of silly if you ask me). You must pay with a Marriott branded Chase card.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Wow! So no matter what your status is at a RC, the only way to gain lounge access is to book a club level room or pay the $100 per day fee?

So odd...
Have you ever been in a Ritz carlton club? Completely different world than Marriott/SPG...

BTW, the fee is usually much higher than $100 a day. Here's a few data points from stays in the last few years:

Kapalua - $230 upgrade fee
Cancun - $240
San Juan - $150
St. Thomas - $260
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
No. There is a status level that gives complementary access to the club.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...embership.html

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Have you ever been in a Ritz carlton club? Completely different world than Marriott/SPG...

BTW, the fee is usually much higher than $100 a day. Here's a few data points from stays in the last few years:

Kapalua - $230 upgrade fee
Cancun - $240
San Juan - $150
St. Thomas - $260
Tokyo - 20000 yen (~ $215)
Osaka - 12000 yen (~ $130)

And, in my experience, worth every penny.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by TommyC80
To be clear, you will not earn 5 points per dollar at Marriott properties with the Ritz card (kind of silly if you ask me). You must pay with a Marriott branded Chase card.
Definitely, my response may not have been clear. People often are confused with status between Marriott and Ritz. The points and status level are one in the same. Except no free lounge at Ritz for gold and up. Also, Marriott credit card earns no points at Ritz, and Ritz credit card earns no points at Marriotts.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm

Tokyo - 20000 yen (~ $215)
Osaka - 12000 yen (~ $130)

And, in my experience, worth every penny.

Essentially, based on the cost of lounge access alone (and the quality of Ritz lounges) there is a large potential savings of a free lounge upgrade with the Ritz credit card. In my opinion the Ritz card seems to be undervalued by people compared to other credit cards. Is it the annual fee? Am I missing something?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Essentially, based on the cost of lounge access alone (and the quality of Ritz lounges) there is a large potential savings of a free lounge upgrade with the Ritz credit card. In my opinion the Ritz card seems to be undervalued by people compared to other credit cards. Is it the annual fee? Am I missing something?
Generally, I have been able to find rates for a club lounge room on other sites that are cheaper than the rate for a regular room on the Ritz-Carlton site, thereby rendering the ability to upgrade meaningless.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:39 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Also, Marriott credit card earns no points at Ritz, and Ritz credit card earns no points at Marriotts.
Should read " no extra points at...."

Just want to make sure no one is confused as the normal 1pt/$ spent will still be earned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.