Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 2:25 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Radisson Blu Royal Copenhagen

What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Royal Copenhagen

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not at all.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard room and received the same.

Did you receive elite benefits?
- Room upgrade: No (unless we had paid 150 euros extra for a royal club room).
- Early Check In: Yes.
- Late Check Out: Yes after request, till early afternoon.
- In-Room Welcome Gift: Small bottle of red wine, one(!) wine class and card welcoming us back (never been there before). Maybe it was even brought to a wrong room.

How are the rooms?
Tiny and smelly room where a double bed barely fit. The best thing was view to Tivoli. Our room was on the 20th floor next to restaurant Alberto K.

What was good and what was bad?
- Good: Central location, view from the room, helpful concierge and possibility to rent bikes.
- Bad: Rude front desk staff, Club Carlson recognition, small and boring looking room, unprofessional housekeeping (dirty glasses and mirrors in the room). Night was rainy and in the morning we noticed that water had came in from leaking windows. Wifi was veeeery slow. And because our room was next to the restaurant, traffic outside the room was endless at late night and unfortunately soundproofing was a weak point here. In the early morning, we were woke up by a housekeeper who came into our room – without knocking the door. No spa, not even a sauna in this "luxurious" property.

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Not value for expensive rates but might give another chance (since customer relations offered guaranteed room upgrade as a compensation).

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Nov 17, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:14 am

Concierge

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Malmö

Yes

Booked a standard room and got business class room on top floor

- Room upgrade: Yes.
- Early Check In: Not needed
- Late Check Out: Not needed
- In-Room Welcome Gift: Small bottle some red juice, some sweets and a handwritten welcome card

How are the rooms?
Pretty big and modern, typical RB Nordic cool design

- Good: Central location, affordable parking on site, friendly staff, good rooms
- Bad: Nothing really.

Depends on the rate. For around SEK 1200 one of the best options in downtown Malmö, if the rate is significant higher I choose an alternative.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel, Turku, Finland

Gold

Where did you stay?

Yes

Booked a standard room with 2-4-1 Gold benefit and received a "same-category" upgrade to riverside view room on 5th floor.

- In-Room Welcome Gift: fruits and bottle water

How are the rooms?
They start to be a tad dated, but nevertheless in good condition. Riverside room has a sofa as well and spacious enough for a standard room category.

- Good: Riverside upgrade, even if same category.
Comp'ed breakfast which is very extensive and good quality
Location, just simply the best in town, in the most charming town of Finland
Atmosphere, here you feel good always
- Bad: Nothing really. There was big party going on, but they had separated those people to stay in other end of hotel rooms ^ so we were not disturbed at all

Definitely always in this town irrespective of rate. Now the 2-4-1 rate was awesome value and got breakfast comped without asking.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg, Sweden

Gold

Where did you stay?

Yes, for the price OK, otherwise not

Booked a standard room with Friends and Family rate and received a standard room facing opposite building with no view.

- Room upgrade: No
- In-Room Welcome Gift: nothing

How are the rooms?
Not great, not bad. Somewhat uninspiring, but I did not care, only had a sleep and off to go.

- Good: nothing to mention, nothing wrong either.
Good location though near railway station
- Bad: Nothing really. No recognition, but I took it due to the low family&friends rate so I accepted the fact.
The breakfast was a bit disorganized, it was difficult to find what you were looking for and the spread was not really wide.

Familiy&friends is always great value in Sweden where hotel prices are horrendously expensive these days. I used the F&F the first time. Would not return on my own dime unless I knew I would get good benefits and upgrade.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens

Concierge

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens

Yes. I received a fantastic Corner Suite upgrade - Wrap around balcony with impressive Acropolis and city view. Really Wow. I was on 7th floor, staff was excellent.

Booked a standard guest room for 2 days using 38K points and credit card last night free. I was upgraded to a suite, possibly the best one. Hotel lobby is modern, rest of hotel is dated but functional.

Received a welcome gift of free drink at restaurant with meal purchase. Did not use it. Free breakfast.

In-Room Welcome Gift:
None

How are the rooms?
Junior suite was rather nice and very spacious, but outdated decor. Nespresso machine.

Good: Staff was extremely friendly and helpful; Tiny elevators, but fast.

Bad: hotel is not by the major sites, although there is a metro station close by. I decided to walk, and upon arrival to Athens walked from Syntagma to hotel. ok. Second day walked from Monasteraki past omonia to hotel. It was only 5pm, but dark, area was a little rough, meaning a lot of graffiti, prostitutes and homeless, but all ok. Park in front is run down. There were police in corner. A couple of bakeries and restaurants adjacent. Roof top bar, pool closed due to winter.

Hotel is close by to National Archaeological Museum where I got on Hop on Bus.

I had an ally facing room, so no noise from the street

Yes, for the points booking when upgraded to a suite.
Hotel is great if you have car, taxi, tour guide. But if you want to walk everywhere the Crowne Plaza or Hilton is Better.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:12 pm

The concierge status gives breakfast for one guest only? I mean if you book a room for you and your wife, only you gets free breakfast?

Hope its not so horrible on top of the already devalued program
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
The concierge status gives breakfast for one guest only? I mean if you book a room for you and your wife, only you gets free breakfast?

Hope its not so horrible on top of the already devalued program
It depends on property and your negotiation skills, once a property just gave me 1 voucher and zero for wife and kids, another property gave all 4 adults in one room free full buffet breakfast, another time I had two rooms with 4 adults and they comped our a la carte breakfast. I have seen in some BLU hotels that you can use points for free breakfast and also as concierge you can get a 20% discount off breakfast, so highly variable. Another Park Inn gave all of us a choice from a preassigned menu. Park Inns are more restrictive, Radissons are more generous.

Already devalued program? Not in my opinion.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Ambassador, Melia Platinum, IB Gold, TAP Gold
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki

Concierge

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki

Yes (7 night stay)

Booked standard, received Business class room

Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Not required
In-Room Welcome Gift - Yes: fruit platter, chocolate bar, non-alcoholic drinks
Free Continental Breakfast - Not needed, rate included breakfast

How are the rooms?
Modern, no complaints.
Business class rooms were larger than standard, offered free pay-for-view movies, nespresso machine and breakfast delivered to the room

Good:
Upgraded at check-in, did not need to request one.
Very central hotel, right next to the main bus terminal and metro station in the Kamppi area. Good breakfast and dinner in the restaurant. Nice modern hotel rooms.
20% discount for concierge for room service and the restaurant. Not applicable for drinks.

Bad:
Nothing major. I didn't try it, but the gym was located a very short walk from the hotel. I think you had to request a key from the reception to use it.

Yes, I would return. Might try one of the other Radisson's in Helsinki the next time.

Last edited by Danimalito; Jan 7, 2016 at 8:30 am
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Radisson Martinique on Broadway

- What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

- Where did you stay?
Radisson Martinique on Broadway, Manhattan, NY

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, clean and central location.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room with two e-certs for two nights issued by US Bank when last night free benefit went away. Emailed the hotel a week prior to arrival requesting either a two-bed room or King room with sofa bed. We were confirmed King Executive with sofa bed prior to arrival since two-bed rooms were sold out.

- Did you receive elite benefits?
Room upgrade - YES
Early check in - YES
Late check out - YES
Gift - small box of chocolates and a Christmas-themed chocolate lollipop
Breakfast - NO
Free water daily - YES (two bottles)

- How are the rooms?
Spacious clean room, bathroom wasn't big but better than expected. Partial view of Empire State Building and a sliver of the sky if one tilts one's head up to maximum degree possible.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good - great location. We arrived by Amtrak and it was less than ten minutes walk from Penn Station.
Bad - Check-in clerk, no greeting, didn't even look up until after she finished checking us in. She did check us in two hours early after she typed away at her keyboard a bit. We were a bit worried at first but found everyone else friendly.

- Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?
Yes, have reservation for a 2 for 1 stay for this April booked before the benefit went away last year. Already confirmed for two queen beds with free breakfasts thrown in ^

Last edited by Namaste1; Jan 25, 2016 at 8:41 am
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:14 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Radisson Blu Royal Helsinki

Gold

Radisson Blu Royal Helsinki, Finland

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Not really.

Booked standard room, received no upgrade even-though business class rooms were available.

Yes, late check-out but had to request it several times before I got it.

In-Room Welcome Gift:
Bottle of orange juice and welcome letter.

How are the rooms?
My room on the 7th floor was fuggy and AC was loud. Air was very dry and window was not able to open. Otherwise room was ok.

Good: breakfast (better than in Hilton Strand)
Bad: no room upgrade, fuggy and dry room.

Price for room was ok but probably would not return.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:56 pm

Stay: Radisson Blu Marina Connought place, New Delhi
Upgrade: Business Class room with free breakfast.

Are you or anyone with you happy with your stay? absolutely NO

Very dirty hotel room. Hallways are never vacuumed or swept. I tried boiling water with the small kettle they ahd in the room but itwas rusted and so dirty.
The bathroom shower didn't work and leaks. Switched to a different room but it was SAME. Very dusty, dirty and stains.
The room had chairs that have stains everywhere, the bathroom shower water leaks and the bathroom is a mess. The shower door is rusted and had molds. The tables and glasses in the room were very dusty. The towels were horrible with black and yellow stains and were so thin and very cheap quality. The service at breakfast was super slow and it takes half an hour to get a tea and an omlete. During check out, I saw like a dozen employees all men & ladies waiting outside my room to quickly get in and steal any tips they thought I would leave. Was like the scene on TV where hungry birds flock down to eat a dead zebra. Was just ugly scene. I consider this hotel to be a 2 star hotel and misusing the Radisson Blu Brand.
Worse than every country in or park plaza I have stayed.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:58 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Park Inn by Radisson Trysil Mountain Resort

Gold

Where did you stay?
Park Inn by Radisson Trysil Mountain Resort

Yes

Booked a standard room and got standard room as hotel was almost sold out. They had some apartments available but they said that they will not make such upgrades.

- Room upgrade: No
- In-Room Welcome Gift: no gift, on second day I went to reception and they gave me 2 spa passes as gold gift.

How are the rooms?
Modern and comfortable, typical Nordic cool design

- Good: Location(right next to ski slopes - excellent location for ski holiday), breakfast, SPA, I liked that they had heater in the closet so I could dry my clothes after skiing.
- Bad: Nothing really but it gets noisy if your room is just above the after-ski bar.

Value for money was good. Would probably return if slopes are covered with snow and price is right.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:49 am

Radisson Barra Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Now a Sheraton Property

This hotel has now been converted to a Sheraton Property. But my reservation was honored and Concierge status honored. It did take an email to Customer Care for both CC & SPG to make note on reservation. I also received 15% off on F&B

Concierge

Radisson Barra Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Yes & No - Common Areas, great; Room, Very Poor

Booked standard room last night free rate, 2 nights on points and then anohter reservation also with same rate, got "upgraded" to higher floor, room facing outward (not courtyard) sea view with balcony for the whole stay (all rooms have balconies, but the closer to front of hotel, the better, I was 4th room from front, so pretty nice view.

Upgrade, early check in, free breakfast, 15% off

In-Room Welcome Gift:
No

How are the rooms?
Very poor, dated, soiled carpet, mold, mildew smell, inexistent wifi, soiled bedspread, chipped furniture, cable did not work, no coffee pot and I requested one, once again musty smell, stained ceiling, bubbling paint due to humidity, poor, poor, poor. But had huge sliding doors to fantastic spacious balcony with great views and fresh sea breeze.

Good beachfront location, excellent concierge, decent breakfast although omelette line was always 10 deep, slow check in an out, great pool, and pool service. No wifi. Nice lobby.

Superb value with the 2-4-1 rate and also good value for the points specially during carnaval, and honoring elite benefits, but rooms are poor. Regardless, not Radisson any more but review may be useful if anyone still holds a Radisson Reservation.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey

Concierge

Where did you stay?
Radisson Blu Airport hotel, Istanbul

Yes

Booked a standard room and got a split level junior suite with bedroom and bathroom on a mezzanine up the stairs.

- In-Room Welcome Gift: welcome plate of fruit and a biscuit with "Welcome" piped On in chocolate

How are the rooms?
Big if a little old fashioned in design as the years have gone by

- Good: Free shuttle to airport
- Bad: I paid my bill the night before as I was getting a shuttle to the airport and in my room later I noticed I was charged for breakfast which as Concierge was free. I emailed the front desk who apologised and promised to refund on Monday when reservations was opened - which they did.

Yes. I got a weekend extend rate and the cost for two nights was €80. A bargain
Attached Images  
Old Feb 17, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Park Plaza Victoria, London, UK

Concierge

Where did you stay?
Park Plaza Victoria, London

Yes

Booked a superior room (I hate it when the basic room is called "superior" as there is nothing to compare its "superiority" to...) and got a single class upgrade to an Executive room. I had emailed to ask for a loft apartment, but alas, I was denied despite it being a Sunday.

- In-Room Welcome Gift: two bottles of water and a small box of two chocolate truffles

How are the rooms?
They were fine, bathroom was a little "cosy"

- Good: the bar area is very spacious and has a better feel to it than the Park Plaza Riverside. The restaurant where breakfast is served was also big and you didn't feel hemmed in.
- Bad: 5 out of the 6 Nespresso capsules were decaf ones, I was told I had access to the Executive Lounge but my room card wouldn't open the door

£111.30 for St Valentine's night was good value
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.