Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
I called Qatar (waited in line for 105 minutes before someone picked up the call) and she said since my ticket has been changed once already and therefore they were unable to confirm my refund.
Take note that the reason for change was because of the downgrade from 77W Qsuite to a 359 (not my fault per their policy which I am eligible for a flight change), but what I don't understand is that now i'm requesting a refund based on the current situation which has nothing to do with the QSuite downgrade....They said they will get back to me by day end. Well let's see.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Due to a reduction in flights a schedule change has resulted in me getting to my destination over 6 hours later than the original booking. I went on the website to cancel and it says a cancellation fee may apply, it is not to one of the primary affected areas. Does anyone have any experience getting tickets refunded (not a voucher) with a 6+ hour schedule change? Thanks.
call them and see what they can do.
my original flight was HKG-DOH on March31 via QR817 but they've cancelled it and moved me to QR815 on April 1. They helped me changed to March 31 QR815 for free.

Last edited by manucanuck; Mar 12, 2020 at 10:52 pm
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by alextwilson
Seen the airport.lk link now, much more relieved now I've seen that. Cheers folks!
Yes, SL is quarantining arrivals only from South Korea, Iran, and Italy. And you must have online ETA in advance before arrival, as you can no longer get it at the SL airport.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:58 am

Does anyone know how the voucher can be used? Is it just a code I enter when I am booking?

> answering my own question as I just could
> get through to Qatar by phone.
>Seems to be a code you enter while you book

I am considering to cancel 2 J tickets, does anyone know if the amount I get as a voucher can be used for several Y bookings or does it need to be spent all at once?

> you can only use it once.
> better do not book a 700 $/€/£/... flight with
> you 2000 $/€/£/... coupon

Last edited by Reglo; Mar 13, 2020 at 2:09 am
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:44 am

If I booked my ticket through a travel agent, would my request for a voucher be processed by the travel agent or by Qatar?

The webpage https://www.qatarairways.com/en/refund-request.html states refund requests should be made through the travel agent, but doesn't mention about vouchers.

My travel agent is currently uncontactable and my travel date is fast approaching (18th March)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
I've just requested the voucher for myself and my father for flights we were supposed to take over Easter from OSL (which is now basically on lockdown) to BKK and then back from SIN to OSL. As soon as I receive it I will update with terms etc to answer some of the questions remaining upthread.

In the meantime I'm still considering Easter travel, but won't decide for a week or so depending on how European situation evolves. And if I do travel I will try to minimise hub airports (apart from perhaps SIN) and stick to one destination country (likely Cambodia).
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I have a flight that I need to cancel because of the COVID-19. It is a R class ticket from OSL to SIN and back and the flight is in 5 days. Do I cancel first and then request a refund or travel voucher or do I just send in the request form? It says that it may take 5 business days to process the request in which case it doesn't meet the 3 days in advance criteria. I have been trying to call but to no avail. Anybody in the know?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:46 am

England tour to SL called off

I can get a partial refund on QR, but the problem is from the online pages that they only seem to refund it to one card, mine of which has been now closed down and I've moved banks. Any advice?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by alextwilson
England tour to SL called off

I can get a partial refund on QR, but the problem is from the online pages that they only seem to refund it to one card, mine of which has been now closed down and I've moved banks. Any advice?
How partial is partial (on the refund)?! We’re going to travel - with QR - on Monday regardless, as our hotel is also non-refundable, and just have a holiday without the cricket.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:43 am

Our refund 'fee' was £360 odd, based on two people flying. We had planned on going but with the players returning to the UK shortly I can't see anything but grief happening...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:13 am

For those that can't get through on the phones but can get to a QR ticket office, I rebooked 2 PNRs today face to face. Arrive with the dates and flight numbers you want and it is quick and simple. The staff are busy but understanding and very helpful.

Incidentally, unlike what an earlier poster was told on the phone, the agent I dealt with said that flights can be rebooked again or cancelled fee-free after being changed for as long as the policy is in operation (subject to fare difference). At the moment that is until 30 June, but of course circumstances nearer the time may or may not extend that.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
For those that can't get through on the phones but can get to a QR ticket office, I rebooked 2 PNRs today face to face. Arrive with the dates and flight numbers you want and it is quick and simple. The staff are busy but understanding and very helpful.

Incidentally, unlike what an earlier poster was told on the phone, the agent I dealt with said that flights can be rebooked again or cancelled fee-free after being changed for as long as the policy is in operation (subject to fare difference). At the moment that is until 30 June, but of course circumstances nearer the time may or may not extend that.
Were your tickets booked directly with Qatar or with a travel agent?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:10 am

After being on hold for over an hour I was told to send an email for a voucher. I explained to the agent that my flight leaves at 10pm tonight. She said the only option I have is have her cancel it and I will be charged a fee or send in an e mail for a voucher. I sent in an e mail.

later in I called back because I didn't trust what the 1st CSR told me. The 2nd CSR was much nicer and said it was good I called back because I needed to cancel it before 3 hours. She put the ticket on hold for up to a year and said i can change the dates and pay a change fee. I was ok with that.

what I'm not sure about is how to go about rebooking the tickets when my new travel dates to South Africa are settled. Do I call or can i do it online?

Last edited by jiffer21225; Mar 13, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MisanthropicButterfly
Were your tickets booked directly with Qatar or with a travel agent?
Directly with QR.

If you booked with a travel agent you will probably need to deal with them directly rather than with QR
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Directly with QR.

If you booked with a travel agent you will probably need to deal with them directly rather than with QR
I have one booking with each. The OTA I used has no idea what to do and the agent had no information regarding this policy with Qatar Airways. I guess that's a £1000 of travel I'll have to write off. I'm sure there's a life lesson here to be learned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.