Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2020, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: realgaga
'Extending Our Commitment' policy has ended as of Oct 1st 2022.
Please see 'Schedule Change' policy below.

Web Version PDF Version

Important: Read the disclaimers and changes below before reading the policy.

Disclaimers:
  • The version of the policy at the time of change applies.*
  • This document was made for viewing by travel agents, not passengers.
  • You must call in to make the changes to your ticket since fees are waived manually.
  • This policy is in addition to the fare rules of your ticket.
  • Conditions of Carriage still apply.
  • It is expected that there will be more changes to the policy in the future and Qatar Airways can amend the policy without prior notice.
*You are welcome to pursue legal action with QR and prove this wrong. We are merely warning you what will happen when you call in and perform a change.
ALL TIMES/DATES IN DOHA TIME (GMT+3)

Wiki maintained by realgaga
Print Wikipost

Covid-19: Book with Confidence QR Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by Tulene
I cancelled my ticket online this morning as I was due to travel on the 7th April. QR has now extended the free cancellation dates to the 30th April. I just processed the cancellation online and they should get back to me within 5 working days - maybe
Good luck
Do you just go through the standard cancellation process online? A day ago it was still showing me a cancellation fee and no mention of a voucher.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by flynz
Do you just go through the standard cancellation process online? A day ago it was still showing me a cancellation fee and no mention of a voucher.
It still states "cancellation and change fees may apply" but copy and pasted the information about free cancellations in the comments section, so I imagine that will be enough.
flynz likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:16 am

It still states "cancellation and change fees may apply" but copy and pasted the information about free cancellations in the comments section, so I imagine that will be enough.
So, looking at my fare rules (CPH-DOH-HKG-TPE return) the penalty fee for a refund equals nearly the exact cost of ticket. So effectively that means there is no refund right?
Thanks for any input on this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by EGLK FLYER
So, looking at my fare rules (CPH-DOH-HKG-TPE return) the penalty fee for a refund equals nearly the exact cost of ticket. So effectively that means there is no refund right?
Thanks for any input on this.
I think you are better off requesting a travel voucher, that way you can avoid the penalty fees. Only Hong Kong is on free cancellations list. Are you just transiting through DOH and HKG or planning to stop over? I think in your case you are much better contacting customer services for info.
Good luck
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:45 am

I think you are better off requesting a travel voucher, that way you can avoid the penalty fees. Only Hong Kong is on free cancellations list. Are you just transiting through DOH and HKG or planning to stop over? I think in your case you are much better contacting customer services for info.
Good luck
Thanks.

Transiting both. The problem is that, as far as I can ascertain, entering Taiwan after transiting HK = 14 day quarantine. This in turn means I wouldn’t be able to take the return leg. This is notwithstanding the fact that I’ve got a nested TPE-HKG-DPS return as well. Trip not til May so hopefully things will be clearer in a few weeks and/or CX cancel the TPE-DPS!
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
That's exactly what I did for my booking. I then called the Doha customer support hotline and the agent confirmed that they have received the request. However, due to current workload, issuing the voucher will take 2-4 weeks...
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Really curious about the vouchers they are issuing... when are they vaild till? I presume one year from the date of issue of the original ticket? If so, do they have to be used till then or travel completed till then?

We are booked on QR R fares to Australia in the easter vacations which carry a regular penalty of 455 US$/Person...
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Really curious about the vouchers they are issuing... when are they vaild till? I presume one year from the date of issue of the original ticket?
Huh? Qatar's website could not be any clearer. Emphasis added below

Travel Voucher – Reissue unutilized value for a voucher “To be used for future travel”. This voucher will be valid for one year from its issuance date. Refund penalty shall be waived if cancellations are done at least 3 days before departure
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:27 am

Yes, but just for booking, or for actual use?
​​​​​​Ie can I book a year from now for travel 11 months after that or would travel have to be done within that first year?
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Dan1113
​​​​​​Ie can I book a year from now for travel 11 months after that
Yes, this is usually how these things work
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
How does QR compute the fair difference for travel already underway? Reprice at currently existing fares or only require the underlying fare bucket be available on the new flight?

Example - if one bought BOM > DOH > DFW and DFW > DOH > BOM as a round-trip under a "R" fare basis, flew the outbound (i.e. already flew to DFW) but has not yet flown the return portion, how does QR recalculate the fare difference for the return? Do they just require "R" be open on the new flights or do they simply say ½ of whatever is the cheapest R/T business fare currently in the market is what is required, that amount is netted against the residual ticket value, and additional funds or charged or refunded depending upon where things pan out?
Did you get an answer to that? I am in the same boat, currently in SYD with most of my business meetings canceled, so rather get back to YUL earlier and I am wondering if any R availability is enough to waive any additional cost. On top of that, I booked with Amex platinum travel, which I guess means I need to call them to make the changes...
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Phileas
Did you get an answer to that? I am in the same boat, currently in SYD with most of my business meetings canceled, so rather get back to YUL earlier and I am wondering if any R availability is enough to waive any additional cost. On top of that, I booked with Amex platinum travel, which I guess means I need to call them to make the changes...
Your TA will have received the instructions related to the waiver. As a rule of thumb if you see R space, they should be able to rebook you for free.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by samadeus
Does anyone have any tips on getting through to Qatar? I have a flight to Italy which obviously needs cancelling/changing, yet I can't get through via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and have tried their office about 30 times, but just rings and then cuts out. Any ideas?
Calling them? The lines are really busy (to the point that some phone numbers simply won't work). I called them yesterday and managed to get through on the fifth try. Rebooked within twenty minutes.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Am in Laos on holiday awaiting return legs of my flight from Thailand, calling Qatar has been a nightmare. Just get put in queues at £1.20 per minute.
seem to have exhausted all online attempts to contact Qatar who simply reply with "Call your local office".

Their customer service is wonderful in the air but dreadful in situations like this.

Travel BKK-DOH in J on the 14th then overnight in one of their Discover Qatar 102QAR hotels then onward DOH-ARN on the 15th all on one booking.
They clearly won't let my elderly mother and I into Qatar itself to go to our booked hotel so simply wish to be moved from QR831 on the 14th to QR831 on the 15th (or something else if that isn't available - which I very much doubt).

I'm going to spend more on phone calls to Qatar to sort this than my whole holiday has cost for goodness sake.

They can tell from my booking this will be a problem, surely they could proactively have contacted me ??
Or at least give me an email address to deal with or provide a useful response from their WhatsApp service.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:25 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Am in Laos on holiday awaiting return legs of my flight from Thailand, calling Qatar has been a nightmare. Just get put in queues at £1.20 per minute.
seem to have exhausted all online attempts to contact Qatar who simply reply with "Call your local office".

Their customer service is wonderful in the air but dreadful in situations like this.

Travel BKK-DOH in J on the 14th then overnight in one of their Discover Qatar 102QAR hotels then onward DOH-ARN on the 15th all on one booking.
They clearly won't let my elderly mother and I into Qatar itself to go to our booked hotel so simply wish to be moved from QR831 on the 14th to QR831 on the 15th (or something else if that isn't available - which I very much doubt).

I'm going to spend more on phone calls to Qatar to sort this than my whole holiday has cost for goodness sake.

They can tell from my booking this will be a problem, surely they could proactively have contacted me ??
Or at least give me an email address to deal with or provide a useful response from their WhatsApp service.
Use Skype to call any QR call center number, it work very well and not very expensive (Skype out)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.