Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Ah, thanks I hadn't delved into the fine print.

It's a shame, and a bit surprising that this travel festival excludes such a long period in summer: still I'm sure there'll be another one long in a month or so ....
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:15 am

Does anyone have experience on booking return / multi stop flights where only one leg is in the sale window - wondered if overall price likely to see a saving or not? (I'm looking to book flights leaving UK / nearby Europe in early June pre blackout with two subsequent flights in the blackout period, just wondering if the sale might still be of use in part - albeit recognise completely dependent on sale prices being available on routes I want). Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:23 am

Emirates seem to have started a sale or at least launched specia fares to certain destinations today
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:13 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Emirates seem to have started a sale or at least launched specia fares to certain destinations today
EK fare sale is not that good then again they aren’t known for their sales, so hopefully QR’s sale will be more attractive.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by golfingboy

EK fare sale is not that good then again they aren’t known for their sales, so hopefully QR’s sale will be more attractive.
Emirates lists from Taiwan LHR at 55000 twd, for the market its a great fare (cheapest I've seen on Cathay for a long time is 85000 TWD)

Hope will see some good prices EX asia on Qatar this time also (last January sale I bought some great deals EX HKG).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Emirates lists from Taiwan LHR at 55000 twd, for the market its a great fare (cheapest I've seen on Cathay for a long time is 85000 TWD)
EK always list 'sale' prices ex-TPE which I can never seem to price out. I saw the 55k link, but couldnt find one date combo that worked (I tried 6 throughout the year, in accordance with T&C). Lowest was 95k. If you can find dates, please let me know so I can take a look!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by uktraveller212
EK always list 'sale' prices ex-TPE which I can never seem to price out. I saw the 55k link, but couldnt find one date combo that worked (I tried 6 throughout the year, in accordance with T&C). Lowest was 95k. If you can find dates, please let me know so I can take a look!
that is because EK excludes fuel surcharges and taxes from the price, so the 55K is essentially false marketing... from the terms:
  • Advertised airfare is net fare exclude any ticket taxes and fuel surcharge.
did a dummy booking

Fare 54,999
Carrier-imposed charges 30,400
Taxes and fees 9,174
Total per passenger 94,573
Sputnikboy and makrom like this.

Last edited by golfingboy; Jan 8, 2018 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by uktraveller212
Could be, I've only flown Emirates once and will do my best not to fly them again Quick check does show the same as you, the lowest price shown is 95k...makes me want to fly them even less
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:48 pm

Another news release - seemed to jump the gun a little but appears will be up to 40% discount in all cabins. Companion special will be available.

Not sure how reliable the Gulf Times is but I think it’s safe to say a sale is on the way.

Qatar Airways launches global sales promotion
Sputnikboy likes this.

Last edited by golfingboy; Jan 8, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:11 pm

I am seeing that the Global Travel Boutique is up now.

Save up to 35%
Save up to 35% on Economy and Business Class fares to any of our amazing places around the world.*
In addition, enjoy extra savings when you book your Economy Class ticket for travel from 15 February 2018 onwards.

Companion offer in Business Class
Take advantage of savings up to 40% off Business Class fares when you book for two to eight people.*

Earn double Qmiles
Privilege Club members will earn double Qmiles* when booking during the Global Travel Boutique for travel by 10 December 2018.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:15 pm

More info from the QR Japan site
Companion offer in Business Class

Take advantage of savings up to 64% off Business Class fares when you book for two to eight people.

*Save up to 50%

Save up to 50% on Economy and Business Class fares to any of our amazing places around the world.*

Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:57 pm

Crossing my fingers for some golden tickets ex-EU.
SEA-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:15 pm

Has it officially started as none of the prices I have seen look very good?

perhaps just looking at a bad route at a bad time of year.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: LH, Qatar, Emirates, Alitalia... IHG Platinum
Red face

Originally Posted by Saeagle
Has it officially started as none of the prices I have seen look very good?

perhaps just looking at a bad route at a bad time of year.
Same for me, even the "promo" fares I'm finding are nothing to be excited about. I fear I'll be disappointed this time...
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Sputnikboy
Same for me, even the "promo" fares I'm finding are nothing to be excited about. I fear I'll be disappointed this time...
Same. I checked the fares for a couple of destinations and meh, I left the website. x2 miles is also not very attractive considering the rates offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.