Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Thanks for such a quick reply remdk.

Ours is the 07.55 departure from ARN on Wednesday 7th February. It seems that the only other direct ARN-DOH flight that day (21.45) connects with a later AKL fight.
If STPC is of offer, what is the best hassle-free way of booking it?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by deleter
Call any other Qatar office (since your itinerary starts in ARN, the Stockholm office should be a good bet, although all should be able to assist you).
The only way to book an STPC is via one of their offices and they should know if you are eligible or not.
Deleter: most helpful - thank you.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:42 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
Thanks for such a quick reply remdk.

Ours is the 07.55 departure from ARN on Wednesday 7th February. It seems that the only other direct ARN-DOH flight that day (21.45) connects with a later AKL fight.
If STPC is of offer, what is the best hassle-free way of booking it?
I spoke with Qatar Airways over Facebook messenger and a day or so later had an STPC voucher in my inbox.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:04 pm

Thanks for all the help. I managed to get through to their European Centre in Poland, via Stockholm, and my application was accepted as eligible. Just waiting for the confirmation email / voucher.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Hi, does anyone know if this offer is lucky to be extended? I have a 20 hour transit in November.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:12 pm

BlackSkyuk welcome to the QR forum.
The +Qatar offer has, by all accounts, been a big success, I would expect it to continue, at least until the current political crisis is resolved.
The offer has been extended twice since it started last May and both times extended as the offer was about to expire.
If QR maintain the 'temporary' nature of the offer then you should expect an extension to August from the middle of April on and from the middle of August onwards for the remainder of the year.
If they make it more permanent then it could be announced at any time.
As you can inagine this is my interpretation of what is happening and could easily be proved wrong by QR!
So, I am afraid,you need to wait and see.
Do keep looking and book as soon as you can.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by remdk
BlackSkyuk welcome to the QR forum.
The +Qatar offer has, by all accounts, been a big success, I would expect it to continue, at least until the current political crisis is resolved.
The offer has been extended twice since it started last May and both times extended as the offer was about to expire.
If QR maintain the 'temporary' nature of the offer then you should expect an extension to August from the middle of April on and from the middle of August onwards for the remainder of the year.
If they make it more permanent then it could be announced at any time.
As you can inagine this is my interpretation of what is happening and could easily be proved wrong by QR!
So, I am afraid,you need to wait and see.
Do keep looking and book as soon as you can.
Ok, Thanks for the info and reply.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:24 am

Anyone familiar with the Oxy Rotana? My flight is at 07:35, and I'm thinking I need something close to the airport. Also, would you recommend their airport shuttle, or an Uber?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I’ve flown QR J/F before but never used Qatar+.
Can we book the four seasons DOH?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:36 pm

You can book whatever the +Qatar site lets you, Four Seasons doesn't seem to be on the list as of now: https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by merittraveler
Anyone familiar with the Oxy Rotana? My flight is at 07:35, and I'm thinking I need something close to the airport. Also, would you recommend their airport shuttle, or an Uber?
The free rotana shuttle leaves on the hour and the half hour in both directions, and takes 10-15 minutes. The 5am shuttle departure from the hotel this morning was full but they squeezed everyone in. Uber is an alternative of course but you may have to wait a few minutes for a,car to arrive, or there are usually meter taxis waiting by or driving past the hotel and they cost about QAR 30
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
This may have been mentioned discussed before but I mentioned it so bringing up in case anyone else has an issue. I booked a PRG-DOH-BKK return ticket with a 20 hour connection in DOH on the return. Got my hotel booked (Marriott) and all was good until I checked in at BKK and had to check my luggage all the way to PRG. I understand that I didnt book it with a break in the trip but typically with other airlines I was able to get bags checked to the intermediate location with such long connections, even though they are technically a connection and not a stopover. Just and FYI in case anyone else needs this info.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Thanks for the reminder

we we are booked in to the Marriott in 2 weeks , how is it?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by stewaran
Thanks for the reminder

we we are booked in to the Marriott in 2 weeks , how is it?
Marriott was fantastic, treated great as a Gold member. Wish we could have stayed longer. Upgraded to a superior room with floor to ceiling windows and lounge access. Also got a 20% discount card for the dining outlets as a part of this stopover promotion. Make sure to print off the voucher as they will need it at check-in.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Marriott was fantastic, treated great as a Gold member. Wish we could have stayed longer. Upgraded to a superior room with floor to ceiling windows and lounge access. Also got a 20% discount card for the dining outlets as a part of this stopover promotion. Make sure to print off the voucher as they will need it at check-in.
Thats good to hear

Sadly dont have status with Marriott, so ill have to slum it in the standard room!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.