Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Some might suggest that I am a bit conservative with my suggestion, however, 30 to 35 minutes in a taxi for the afternoon departure should be fine for this time of year.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
The T&C's list a minimum transfer time of 12hrs. I have an upcoming trip with 14hr transit time during the day on the outbound journey and 9:45hrs during the night on the inbound journey, so would like to use the hotel on the inbound. Is there a chance they will accept it (I know they have been lenient with the t&c's in the past) or will this be straight forward rejection?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:59 am

tobitronics you qualify for the stopover package on your outbound journey not your inbound so no it is not possible.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Sohan
Do award bookings with either a stop or layover qualify for the hotels? Struggling to find information regarding this.
I could book a free hotel room with a one way award ticket with a (voluntary as there was shorter connections) 22 hours layover in DOH and got an immediate confirmation.
Now I'm waiting until 1 month prior to my flight to request the free visa and it should be fine :-)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:28 pm

Used the offer for the Westin hotel today on my 21h layover in Doha. Flight schedule was as follows:

HND-DOH arrival 20-7 at 5:30
DOH-BRU departure 21-7 at 02:05

In my booking I selected from the 20th until the 21st with a preferred checkin time of 8AM (to enjoy the arrivals lounge first) and a check-out of 10PM (to enjoy Al mourjan). Showed up at 8AM and check-in was no issue, check-out as well. No charges have been incurred afaik, although I had to present a hard copy of the booking confirmation and make a reservation on my CC for 500QAR. At check-out a confirmation and invoice had to be signed.

Westin was pretty nice. Very modern and new, nice pool even in the Qatar heat, looked quite empty tho.

Will be staying at the Amari hotel in Doha on an upcoming trip to Thailand in Y with similar arrival/departure times, let's see how that goes.

Originally Posted by remdk
tobitronics you qualify for the stopover package on your outbound journey not your inbound so no it is not possible.

Met a guy on the plane who booked the Oryx Rotana in J through this offer while having just 10hrs of layover, seems there is some possibility to avoid the rules
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by tobitronics

Met a guy on the plane who booked the Oryx Rotana in J through this offer while having just 10hrs of layover, seems there is some possibility to avoid the rules
Are you sure that wasn't the regular stpc care? Stop of over 8 hrs with no shorter transfer available and qr will offer accommodation, invariably at the Oryx Rotana. That one is permanently valid and not limited to one way.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you sure that wasn't the regular stpc care? Stop of over 8 hrs with no shorter transfer available and qr will offer accommodation, invariably at the Oryx Rotana. That one is permanently valid and not limited to one way.
Nope, he mentioned being declined for stpc due to low fare (sake fare) and using this programme instead
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:48 pm

I'm looking at stopping over in DOH next April. Any chance this offer will be extended?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:04 pm

andymcdonnell I very much doubt it. This was a measure to maintain hotel occupancy during the low (read very hot and holiday) season.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:17 pm

Does anyone know when the last valid night for this offer is? I might have the opportunity to move my inbound leg to Sept 30. My guess is that I will be able to get a room until Oct 1 but not for the 2 day/$50 offer until Oct 2.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Last night is 30th September.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Last night is 30th September.
Is that the night from 29th to 30th or 30th to Oct 1st?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Check out 1st.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Check out 1st.
Great, that's what I was hoping for.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: QF Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Has anyone found out a way to find the hotel confirmation number having booked through the +Qatar program? I just made my reservation and would like to add my loyalty number for elite benefits. Do they eventually email this or is there a way to get it outside of contacting Qatar? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.