Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I've got a trip planned in May in J and I'm browsing through the available hotels. It seems like a great stopover deal.
That said, does anyone know if this list changes (beyond declining inventory)? Am I better off booking now or later?
I can't see how you would be better off booking later. The hotels are free and that offer is unlikely to improve ....... so I'm guessing you are hoping for some specific property not currently on the list to appear. It might, who knows - or the list might get shorter,

If your travel plans are fixed, you might as well do the hotel booking now. Gift horses, mouths and all that.
jinglish and cgtechuk like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I can't see how you would be better off booking later. The hotels are free and that offer is unlikely to improve ....... so I'm guessing you are hoping for some specific property not currently on the list to appear. It might, who knows - or the list might get shorter,

If your travel plans are fixed, you might as well do the hotel booking now. Gift horses, mouths and all that.

This.

The inventory only goes down not up
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
This.

The inventory only goes down not up
oddly, it is not posssible to cancel these +Qatar bookings
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by ubiest

Probably they want to avoid having people change hotels, if and when better ones become available
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by ubiest

You can by all means cancel but you lose the ability to change or rebook so effectively pointless cancelling
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:39 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Any thoughts about the Hilton Doha? I will have a 20 hour “day stay”... I arrive at 6am then depart close to 2am. I booked the Hilton for its beach (November - when lounging at the beach comfortably is possible) and to leverage my gold status for free breakfast if the hotel doesn’t object.

More interested about the property amenities rather than the room (decent bed and shower good enough for me).
Ursa81 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Anyone able to book +Qatar for more than two passengers? When I select two rooms, there's nothing to select the age of the guests in the second room.

Edit: And for early morning arrivals, do I select the previous day or the date of arrival as check-in date (departing the same day)?

Last edited by WorldLux; Mar 22, 2018 at 6:16 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Anyone able to book +Qatar for more than two passengers? When I select two rooms, there's nothing to select the age of the guests in the second room.

Edit: And for early morning arrivals, do I select the previous day or the date of arrival as check-in date (departing the same day)?

Hi, My flight arrives at 1AM and they advised me via Customer Service to book for the day of arrival and because you specify arrival time it will be fine.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....And for early morning arrivals, do I select the previous day or the date of arrival as check-in date (departing the same day)?

Select the day before - then it is completely obvious to the hotel that the room has to be kept free that night.

Your reservation includes times, but it can't hurt to mail the hotel about your late (rather than early) arrival: and probably reassuring for you to get their confirmation..
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I am new to all things QR! On a MAN-DOH-AKL in September have 20.15hrs in DOH - arriving 06.20 and departing 02.35

What are my options? Do I have transit hotel or Qatar + ?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I am new to all things QR! On a MAN-DOH-AKL in September have 20.15hrs in DOH - arriving 06.20 and departing 02.35

What are my options? Do I have transit hotel or Qatar + ?
With a 20 hour connection and at least two flights a day to/from Manchester it looks as though you're bust in terms of QR's transit accommodation. But certainly in line for the Qatar+ arrangements.

Which is fine, QR+ is free, gives you some choice in the hotel you use, and avoids any faff at DOH. You'll have to get yourself to the hotel (and back) and pay for your own food and drink. But transport isn't expensive, and between two long-haul flights you are unlikely to feel pangs of hunger.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks IAN-UK looks simple enough. I think Hilton Doha seems a good shout on the QR+ website
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Received a note that the QR+ reservation I made on my CMB-DOH-PHL trip in May was rejected/cancelled because length of stay was too short (9 hours). I would qualify on the return leg (PHL-DOH-CMB) as I have 15 hour layover. However, when I try book for the date that qualifies, I get an error message that the e-ticket has already been used. Did I ace myself out of using the QR+ on this trip because the 1st layover was rejected?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Hi, My flight arrives at 1AM and they advised me via Customer Service to book for the day of arrival and because you specify arrival time it will be fine.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Select the day before - then it is completely obvious to the hotel that the room has to be kept free that night.

Your reservation includes times, but it can't hurt to mail the hotel about your late (rather than early) arrival: and probably reassuring for you to get their confirmation..
Two answers, two opinions.

The FAQ on QR's pages says that check-in is possible at any hour suggesting that the reservation take into account early arrivals. hmmm....
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:54 pm

Two answers, two opinions.

The FAQ on QR's pages says that check-in is possible at any hour suggesting that the reservation take into account early arrivals. hmmm....

Disclaimer for me is that I asked customer services of the +Qatar team who booked it for me and that was the advice I was given, Will find out when I get there, I even followed up again with CS who said what I had done was correct
Ursa81 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.