Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR DOH-USA flights: electronic devices permitted on ALL flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Qatar Airways Flights to U.S.A. Electronics Ban Lifted

Travel to the United States: Electronics ban lifted

Link

Qatar Airways is pleased to confirm that with immediate effect, all personal electronic devices can be carried on board all departures from Hamad International Airport to destinations in the United States.

Qatar Airways and Hamad International Airport have met with all requirements of the US Department of Homeland Security’s new security guidelines and we would like to express our thanks to the US and local authorities for their support during this process.

We would also like to thank our loyal passengers for their understanding and patience while the ban has been in place.

Updated on 6 July @ 01:57 GMT
Print Wikipost

QR DOH-USA flights: electronic devices permitted on ALL flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by remdk
C17PSGR I truly hope you are right in your optimism but I am afraid that it might be a political decision rather than a security decision. The next airport to be removed from the list will give us a clue.
Perhaps ... but Turkey is hardly in the good political graces of the US. The TSA went out of their way to include Qatar in the discussion. Plus, I think the TSA will try to be apolitical. Guess we'll see in the next few days.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Electronic ban lifted!

As hoped!

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...cs-ban-lifted-
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:48 am

Thank goodness for that! I am pleased I was wrong about the politics of the situation.
Congratulations QR on a job very well done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.