Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Changes 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:44 am

ChrisBub since the timings have changed by more than two hours QR will reroute you free of charge. You will often get a better result if you have some sensible suggestions as to the reroute since the QR call centres do not always have all possibilities available to them.

With regard to the office at LIS QR have yet to announce a start date for the route and they have an agent only in Lisbon not a full office. Reservations are handled by the Polish call centre. However feel free to call any reservations office wherever they are.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by remdk
ChrisBub since the timings have changed by more than two hours QR will reroute you free of charge. You will often get a better result if you have some sensible suggestions as to the reroute since the QR call centres do not always have all possibilities available to them.

With regard to the office at LIS QR have yet to announce a start date for the route and they have an agent only in Lisbon not a full office. Reservations are handled by the Polish call centre. However feel free to call any reservations office wherever they are.
Thanks very much. This is very helpful. I have the times of flights I'd like to be rerouted on (all same day as original outbound and return flights, but without the long DOH layover. I'll call tomorrow to try to sort it out. Thanks again
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: SPG/MR Plat, HH Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Posted this in another thread already, but just to make sure the information is here as well:

QR is taking the QATAMs from their Madrid flight and putting them to FRA starting 01SEP

From @A350Blog on Twitter:
"From 1/Sep Qatar Airways will stop flying #A350 to Madrid and to Barcelona. #A350 to operate Frankfort and Miami routes instead."

From @A350_Production on Twitter:
"From 01SEP17, QR's @LaTam_BRA-leased A350s will stop flying to @AENA MAD and fly 2x daily to @airport_FRA instead, replacing mainline #A350 ."
When they make a change like this, how far out can you expect it to last? For example, I see they updated the booking page for September of this year MIA-DOH, but July of next year says 777-300 on this route...
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Originally Posted by remdk

Thanks again for this. Called QR yesterday at the Polish call centre and they changed the flights to the preferred timings free of charge. Appreciate your advice.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by forkknifespoon
When they make a change like this, how far out can you expect it to last? For example, I see they updated the booking page for September of this year MIA-DOH, but July of next year says 777-300 on this route...
With QR? Can last but can also be changed at any time for the whole schedule (July would already be in the summer schedule). Or even changed as a last minute sub just before you fly.

Rule number 1 within the QR forum: Do not book just because of a specific aircraft type.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:26 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by endet
with qr? Can last but can also be changed at any time for the whole schedule (july would already be in the summer schedule). Or even changed as a last minute sub just before you fly.

rule number 1 within the qr forum: Do not book just because of a specific aircraft type.
:-::-::-::-::-: Hurray! Someone listens to me :-::-::-::-:
Abyssin likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
:-::-::-::-::-: Hurray! Someone listens to me :-::-::-::-:
I am quoting that phrase for months now.

It happened to me last year when I wanted to fly the A350 to FRA. Last minute subbed to a 777. But I didnt mind that as I had to change flights anyway as back then QR did not flew to DUB direct and C fares via LHR were outrageous (at least for me).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
My TXL-DOH and DOH-TXL flights in October have been switched from A333 to B777.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:36 pm

As has been blogged and discussed (@onemileatattime) it would appear that DOH-MIA and MIA-DOH flights QR777 and QR778 will be operated by an A350 for the month of September, 2017. Anyone know the reason for this change? There was only some wild speculation but nothing firm. In the past these flights have been operated by a 77W.

Also trying to figure out if there is any reason to believe this change might be carried forward into the month of October?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
As has been blogged and discussed (@onemileatattime) it would appear that DOH-MIA and MIA-DOH flights QR777 and QR778 will be operated by an A350 for the month of September, 2017. Anyone know the reason for this change? There was only some wild speculation but nothing firm. In the past these flights have been operated by a 77W.

Also trying to figure out if there is any reason to believe this change might be carried forward into the month of October?
expected to lose less money than the 77W.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:05 am

DOH-MIA and DOH-DFW change from 77w to a350 on OCT.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Seems that DOH-HEL-DOH route gets B787 only for a month or so before switching to A333 for most of the winter, according to qatar.com. I guess this is good news for Y-class pax, not so good for J-class.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Seems that DOH-HEL-DOH route gets B787 only for a month or so before switching to A333 for most of the winter, according to qatar.com. I guess this is good news for Y-class pax, not so good for J-class.
I got stung by this switch for a flight in November.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
I just noticed that my trip from MAD-DOH QR 150 on December 15th has changed from a 16:15pm departure to a 15:10pm departure and went from A350 to 777. I am coming in from LHR and only land at 14:10pm on BA and its a separate ticket so they won't be able to check my bags through and I therefore definitely won't make check in or departure.

Not sure what to do as the BA/IB flights I can change to (that my ticket allows) all get in after the flight departs from MAD...
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:22 pm

DOH-BRU has changed as well from 787 to 777-300R in early november.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.