Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Changes 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by impeymac
DOH-BKK QR836 - changed from B777 to A380 (May)
Dep time changed from 02.10 to 02.15

BKK-DOH QR831 - changed from A380 to B777 (June)
Dep time changed from 09.05 to 09.20
Hi there, I am on the QR830 on June 2nd and on QR831 back on June 9th. My Flights App is still showing me as on an A380 as is the QR site. Strangely though when I look to make a new booking on these same dates even economy is not available which is troubling....
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:40 am

IrishStephen as has been pointed out earlier in this thread QR are in the process of loading the summer schedule at the moment and the information may be incorrect at the moment.

impeymac just states May and June, not when in those months the change will take place.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
DOH-BKK QR836 - changed from B777 to A380 (May)
Dep time changed from 02.10 to 02.15

BKK-DOH QR831 - changed from A380 to B777 (June)
Dep time changed from 09.05 to 09.20
Hi,

I do not quite understand the above, I am booked in QR 836 at the end of January and it is operated by A380, according to my booking/QR website, and in the above post is says that it changes from B777 to A380.
This change was May last year or it will be next May? If it is next May, when is being changed from A380 to B777?

Thanks for clarifying it!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold,Amex Centurion,Marriott LT Plat Prem Elite +AMBASS,Hilton Diamond,Priority Club Plat,VS Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
IrishStephen as has been pointed out earlier in this thread QR are in the process of loading the summer schedule at the moment and the information may be incorrect at the moment.

impeymac just states May and June, not when in those months the change will take place.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess keeping an eye on things for the next few weeks and holding off on booking the connnecting flight would be a good idea.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

I do not quite understand the above, I am booked in QR 836 at the end of January and it is operated by A380, according to my booking/QR website, and in the above post is says that it changes from B777 to A380.
This change was May last year or it will be next May? If it is next May, when is being changed from A380 to B777?

Thanks for clarifying it!
LOL. Given the title of the thread I didn't see the need to add the year, but I'm happy to confirm I'm talking about May/June 2017. Earlier in this thread it was stated some changes were coming in March, start of the new QR summer timetable. I don't know exactly when the changes I posted come into effect or which specific days &/or dates, only that they effect my travel in (mid) May & (early) June.

Hope that clarifies!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
LOL. Given the title of the thread I didn't see the need to add the year, but I'm happy to confirm I'm talking about May/June 2017. Earlier in this thread it was stated some changes were coming in March, start of the new QR summer timetable. I don't know exactly when the changes I posted come into effect or which specific days &/or dates, only that they effect my travel in (mid) May & (early) June.

Hope that clarifies!
Thanks very much for the clarification impeymac !
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
My flight from PSA has been changed from an A320 to an A319 in April. Now that's going to be one interesting flight
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:40 pm

My flight did indeed change to an 777 with business only but QR after very long phone calls moved me to the early morning A380 flight.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:13 pm

Booked my flight out of CAI today and noticed that DOH-CAI on Apr,26th is scheduled to be operated by A350. Is it something that really happens from time to time? Or just wrongly submitted info? Tried to find a pattern on days of week / time and miserably failed. A few days here and there where it says A350 on that route.

Last edited by maxvor; Jan 9, 2017 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

That's strange as I was told on the phone also the Dreamliner was on the route but the op couldn't find it a second time. It would be nice to see A350 on the route.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by maxvor
Booked my flight out of CAI today and noticed that DOH-CAI on Apr,26th is scheduled to be operated by A350. Is it something that really happens from time to time? Or just wrongly submitted info? Tried to find a pattern on days of week / time and miserably failed. A few days here and there where it says A350 on that route.
I'm sure N1Rotate will be able to clarify if he sees this post, but perhaps these are training flights - or QR simply need the larger aircraft due to all of the ex-CAI Sale fares they have sold!

M
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I'm sure N1Rotate will be able to clarify if he sees this post, but perhaps these are training flights - or QR simply need the larger aircraft due to all of the ex-CAI Sale fares they have sold!

M
Training is what I also thought of. Could it be possible that it goes about new A350-1000, which is rumoured to be delivered to QR in March?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: Some
Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere as I've only just noticed, but HND now appears to be getting up-gauged to an A350 from the end of June to end of October.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Had a notification of a change from a 777 to 787 or a KUL - DOH in April.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
My flight from PSA has been changed from an A320 to an A319 in April. Now that's going to be one interesting flight
Same here

I presume these don't have the lie flat seats, like some of the A320's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.