Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Operational Changes 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by Anas1059

I'm flying on QR831 On April 7; it is still the A380.

I'm flying F; what happens if they changed the plane to 777?!
It is showing as a 777 on the QR website under my bookings for the 4th April
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:33 am

I'm impacted on an AMS-DOH-AKL route. The change has left me with a 22hr stopover in DOH. Given this is a significant change and will lead me to getting to AKL a day later than I expected, I hope that Qatar will be reasonable in accommodating a switch to a LHR or CDG departure so that I have a short stopover instead.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
DOH-LHR QR005 changed from A330 to B787 (June)
Dep changed from 16.40 to 16.30

Was expecting this one & happy to see it!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: Privilege Club, Qatar Airways
Originally Posted by oh_lol
It is showing as a 777 on the QR website under my bookings for the 4th April
Under my booking it is still shown as the following:

However, when search QA's time table it shows the following (change of equipment):

My Flights app shows it as an A380 flight.

I don't know what's happening.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
If you do a dummy booking for April 7th it's still showing as an A380.

I guess the "change of equipment" is there as there are different aircraft on different days...?

Last edited by impeymac; Dec 29, 2016 at 3:25 am
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:30 am

Anas1059 it would appear that, like QRCargo, QR are loading the Summer timetable at the moment. Wait a couple of days and then you can see what is really happening. When loading timetables there are very often, understandably, accuracy problems during the load process.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Morgo
I'm impacted on an AMS-DOH-AKL route. The change has left me with a 22hr stopover in DOH. Given this is a significant change and will lead me to getting to AKL a day later than I expected, I hope that Qatar will be reasonable in accommodating a switch to a LHR or CDG departure so that I have a short stopover instead.
Aside from an unreasonable 45 minutes in a call queue, Qatar treated me very reasonably once I got through to them!

They moved me to a LHR-DOH-AKL flight and also allowed me to change my routing on the way back to more favourable timings. ^ will save me about Ł600 in hotel costs (Ł300 per night in AMS and DOH) and Ł200 in flights from LON-AMS.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Privilege Club, Qatar Airways
Originally Posted by remdk
Anas1059 it would appear that, like QRCargo, QR are loading the Summer timetable at the moment. Wait a couple of days and then you can see what is really happening. When loading timetables there are very often, understandably, accuracy problems during the load process.
Thank you.

I'll wait and see.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Finally I have been able to check my bookings and still shows A380 on the Doha-Bkk-Doha flights, but when I try to do a dummy booking I only get the option in Biz Class. Could be that First is fully booked but only 3 and 2 seats in the F section have been reserved
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Likewise I have had scheduling changes AMS-DOH-DPS and return in May 2017 which would have been a significant and costly inconvenience. Very helpful and sympathetic agent at Qatar UK reservations changed start/end of flights to LHR-DOH - apparently where an 'involuntary change' comes about through Qatar's scheduling alterations then you can be rerouted to another airport within the country or another airport within a 500 mile radius (i.e. LHR) - bonus!! Every cloud......

Last edited by higham44; Dec 29, 2016 at 6:55 am
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
As I have said in the past, when it comes to equipment changes, be patient.

QRcargo is only guaranteed to be correct, for the 21 days ahead of today's date.

Airframes will change in the various systems over the next 7 working days, but the timings are all changed - so be sure to call QR if you're flights have changed by over 3 hours - unless in F, in which case 15mins is the standard time difference that CS will make changes for.

M
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
and one of the A380s from July 2017 will be scheduled for the DOH MEL route.
http://www.qatarairways.com/za/en/pr...elease_a380mel
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:43 am

AVIATORPJ the DOH-MEL A380 flights are already announced and included in the schedule being loaded. So this only has an indirect baríng on the changes. Indirect because the changes announced are a result of the DOH-MEL changes already announced and implemented.

With regard to the number of aircraft needed to service the DOH-MEL route
The elapsed time from departure of QR904 from DOH until QR905 lands at DOH again is 33 hours 5 minutes. With time for cleaning and preparation then at least 36 hours will elapse before the aircraft can be used again. SO one A380 is not enough! If QR are prepared to let an A380 sit idle for about 12 hours every other day then TWO aircraft are required to service the DOH-MEL route. But no airline can afford that so the schedulers have to fit aircraft usage to the required flights utilising the aircraft as much as possible. Thus ONE and a HALF aircraft are required to service the route. The remaining 'halves' are used on other routes. Fitting all these flights together is one of the reasons for A380 flights to BKK, CDG and LHR change times so frequently.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:40 am

With the delivery of the 8th A380 in the middle of next year, QR would be able to serve MEL, SYD, CDG, CAN, once daily BKK and 13 weekly LHR (twice daily in winter schedule due to more uniform slot timings). The short periods in June and September where the A380 services are reduced to CAN and CDG are due to A7-APE and APF coming up to their 2 year checks respectively.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:41 pm

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
thanks remdk great detail and suggests where the "halves" may on fly to and from, cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.