Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NoY
QR will not allow pax to enter their lounges per their ticketed cabin class - if any upgrade instrument has been used - that is pants, & utterly disregards the whole ethos of customer loyalty.
Originally Posted by Matt4
Not exactly. In the past one could enter QR lounges with a upgraded ticket. I did it several times in CDG and DOH.
I get your points. But all programs have things we don't like about them; and most/all programs have been devalued in some way over the past few years. I don't find QRPC worse than any of the others in this regard.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not exactly. In the past one could enter QR lounges with a upgraded ticket. I did it several times in CDG and DOH.
True. Can you think of a program that hasn't been devalued in some way over the past few years?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I get your points. But all programs have things we don't like about them; and most/all programs have been devalued in some way over the past few years. I don't find QRPC worse than any of the others in this regard.
That other programs do make it worse or not, does not make QRs "enhancements" good - we are discussing about QR here and not AA, LH, EK, BA, OS or who ever
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
True. Can you think of a program that hasn't been devalued in some way over the past few years?
MM (LH) changed the amount of miles credited, now it´s linked to the ticket price, what somehow sounds fair for me. Status miles are credited according the distance, that did not change. Lounge access and luggage allowance is granted according flight class (paid, upgraded or milaga, no difference).
AND changes in the program are all the time announced, a few month in advance, QR does that as well??
NoY and Alfredbali like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:55 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

Cough, cough, splutter!
Traveller999 and Alfredbali like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
Cough, cough, splutter!
True. AA, for example, doesn't allow its own elite members into its own lounges on domestic travel, even when flying in premium cabins.
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Mmm well, i don't know of any Airline who's ffp program was devaluated overnight without warning to the extend of Qatar Airways qrpc (almost 50% devaluation of Qmiles and Qcredits). Do you know one?
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Mmm well, i don't know of any Airline who's ffp program was devaluated overnight without warning to the extend of Qatar Airways qrpc (almost 50% devaluation of Qmiles and Qcredits). Do you know one?
Anoption of QRPC (and all programs) to which you agreed when you signed up. While I didn't like it, QR is within its rights to change the program without warning. IIRC there was no warning when AAdvantage was changed/devalued and EQDs were added. If we don't like it, we can change to another program; but QR was within its rights. Why is it that we seek to hold them to the letter of the law (rules/fares/etc.) when it's in our favor, but get indignant when they try to do the same?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
I'm just stating facts.
So you don't know of any other airline having ever devaluated it's ffp to the extend of Qatar Airways 2018 devaluation...
Confirming my point.
NoY likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
I'm just stating facts.
So you don't know of any other airline having ever devaluated it's ffp to the extend of Qatar Airways 2018 devaluation...
Confirming my point.
Incorrect conclusion. Different airlines have devalued their FFPs in different ways, some more severely than QR. Hard to compare benefits, though, when the devaluations are different. For example, how do you compare withdrawing lounge access to instituting spend-based earning? And others may compare and value them differently from the way that you do. It's a far more complex calculation than you seem to suggest.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Effectively no, it isn't. The only way to transit airside between terminals at CDG is to take a bus and I'm not sure if they'd actually let you on the bus from T2 to T1 without a boarding pass departing from T1. Even if they did let you through, the airside buses are not particularly efficient
I managed to scam my way to T1 with a boarding pass for 2C, I was flying KBP-CDG-AUH-SYD on AF/EY, I went from 2E to 2C then rather than going to my gate I decided hop the bus to T1 to try out the iCare lounge with access from my ANZ black CC (VeloceWorld) as I had a 5hr layover. Was rejected at the lounge even though Veloce signage was still there, seems that it has been dropped, no surprise there. Lounge dragon dude was nice enough to let me in to grab take away waters and a snack. Getting back to 2C was a drama, I could go through immigration to exit but instead told a staffer I was lost and they got me back to the airside transit bus 🙃
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Croupier

I managed to scam my way to T1 with a boarding pass for 2C, I was flying KBP-CDG-AUH-SYD on AF/EY, I went from 2E to 2C then rather than going to my gate I decided hop the bus to T1 to try out the iCare lounge with access from my ANZ black CC (VeloceWorld) as I had a 5hr layover. Was rejected at the lounge even though Veloce signage was still there, seems that it has been dropped, no surprise there. Lounge dragon dude was nice enough to let me in to grab take away waters and a snack. Getting back to 2C was a drama, I could go through immigration to exit but instead told a staffer I was lost and they got me back to the airside transit bus 🙃
All that to try to access the worst lounge in CDG... 😩
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:12 am

All that to try to access the worst lounge in CDG... ��
It was certainly an adventure and kind of fun tramping all over the airport.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Croupier
It was certainly an adventure and kind of fun tramping all over the airport.
I did my fair share of transiting round the airport last week too. What a DUMP CDG is. Jeez, I thought LHR was a non-connected, antiquated mess, but no, CDG takes that honour!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
I did my fair share of transiting round the airport last week too. What a DUMP CDG is. Jeez, I thought LHR was a non-connected, antiquated mess, but no, CDG takes that honour!
Could you elaborate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.