Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
So the oneworld website appears to suggest that the QR Premium Lounge has reopened at CDG? (it used to say "temporarily closed" when I last looked circa 2 weeks ago)
Also on QR's own website, it no longer mentions that it is closed.

Has anyone travelled through CDG since and can they confirm whether the lounge has indeed reopened?
I just noticed that now too (websites indicating its open)... hopefully someone can confirm.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:23 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
I can't confirm that the lounge is open, however, QR is now flying from CDG Terminal 1, which is where the QR Lounge is located. Therefore, it would make sense that it is now open.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
I can't confirm that the lounge is open, however, QR is now flying from CDG Terminal 1, which is where the QR Lounge is located. Therefore, it would make sense that it is now open.
Maybe you should read the posts above.
babyg_wc and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...rles-de-gaulle

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica

Took a while, but confirmation at last ! Thanks for the link 👍 (and perfect timing for my QR departure ex-CDG )
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's GREAT news.
And the lounge does not look very different from the original one.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
Just a quick report from the brand new Paris CDG lounge, which I can report is now once again open, and looking fantastic after the rebranding.

There is a proper sit down restaurant, and I had an excellent beef sirloin. Other menu items this week include a traditional cordon bleu, lamb tajine, salmon tikka, and pasta. English afternoon tea is also available.

There is also buffet dining if you prefer, with a number of hot dishes.

The bar and cocktail bar are open: you can sit at the bar if you like, but I took my tipple out onto the open air terrace to enjoy the view of, well, not a lot other than the gates and the heady whift of Jet A1. Champagne is Laurent-Perrier La Cuvee Champagne NV, or Moet & Chandon Brut.

Impressions are that it is huge, with 200 seats, and very few of them occupied, However, an interesting comment from the lounge staff was that the lounge needed to be that big to accommodate two full A380s if they return, along with all the passengers with status. Which makes sense. But would also be a total turn around since the A380 doesn’t serve CDG any more.

On my flight to DOH, a 777, there were maybe a dozen passengers in the lounge. Maybe because it is so easy to miss, with just a tiny sign after passport control.

Indeed, the whole lounge reminded me of Etihad outstation lounges, before they all shut, with a proper restaurant, bar, loungy areas, quiet rooms and even a business centre, which amazing Qatar have retained at CDG, complete with 2 PCs.

Anyway, it’s open, and it’s great.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Newssexy
Just a quick report from the brand new Paris CDG lounge, which I can report is now once again open, and looking fantastic after the rebranding.

There is a proper sit down restaurant, and I had an excellent beef sirloin. Other menu items this week include a traditional cordon bleu, lamb tajine, salmon tikka, and pasta. English afternoon tea is also available.

There is also buffet dining if you prefer, with a number of hot dishes.

The bar and cocktail bar are open: you can sit at the bar if you like, but I took my tipple out onto the open air terrace to enjoy the view of, well, not a lot other than the gates and the heady whift of Jet A1. Champagne is Laurent-Perrier La Cuvee Champagne NV, or Moet & Chandon Brut.

Impressions are that it is huge, with 200 seats, and very few of them occupied, However, an interesting comment from the lounge staff was that the lounge needed to be that big to accommodate two full A380s if they return, along with all the passengers with status. Which makes sense. But would also be a total turn around since the A380 doesn’t serve CDG any more.

On my flight to DOH, a 777, there were maybe a dozen passengers in the lounge. Maybe because it is so easy to miss, with just a tiny sign after passport control.

Indeed, the whole lounge reminded me of Etihad outstation lounges, before they all shut, with a proper restaurant, bar, loungy areas, quiet rooms and even a business centre, which amazing Qatar have retained at CDG, complete with 2 PCs.

Anyway, it’s open, and it’s great.
Is it in the same space as previously (either extended or shrunk)? Has the decor changed?

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Feb 28, 2023 at 6:48 am
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:47 am

Quite a detailed video tour of the newly reopened Qatar Airways Paris CDG Lounge here:
It's pretty much the same space as before but as been neatened up with new catering options.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:37 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by seantheman
In the Extime lounge at CDG and it's pretty awful, 8 or 9 airlines all sharing, people standing up, all seats taken, circus at the buffet. The lounge itself would be pleasant when not crowded, it's bright, has a tarmac view and decent food. Immediately after passport control there is a cordoned off area with a QR logo outside, so hopefully the new lounge will open soon. 
Was in the Extime lounge one week ago, around 14:00, it was not crowded and perfectly fine, staff super friendly...
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:17 pm

Used the CDG lounge on March 3rd. Had not departed from CDG with QR before, so my first experience of this impressive facility, with excellent staff and high overall standards (as with their LHR lounge). Always interesting to see how QR can offer a level of quality at their outstation lounges beyond anything BA seems able (willing ?) to manage at their home LHR base !

Hit a quiet spell in terms of pax numbers and spent a fair bit of time chatting to a QR manager who approached me just as I had finished eating. He was normally based in DOH, with overall responsibility for their lounge product and had come across to Paris to ‘oversee’ the reopening, help smooth over any teething troubles …….. and listen to feedback from any waifs and strays such as myself. I’m always happy to offer …. er …… constructive feedback ….. but suffice to say that in this case it was pretty much a 5 star review
Howard Long likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
Used the CDG lounge on March 3rd. Had not departed from CDG with QR before, so my first experience of this impressive facility, with excellent staff and high overall standards (as with their LHR lounge). Always interesting to see how QR can offer a level of quality at their outstation lounges beyond anything BA seems able (willing ?) to manage at their home LHR base !

Hit a quiet spell in terms of pax numbers and spent a fair bit of time chatting to a QR manager who approached me just as I had finished eating. He was normally based in DOH, with overall responsibility for their lounge product and had come across to Paris to ‘oversee’ the reopening, help smooth over any teething troubles …….. and listen to feedback from any waifs and strays such as myself. I’m always happy to offer …. er …… constructive feedback ….. but suffice to say that in this case it was pretty much a 5 star review
In BA’s defence here, the QR outstation lounges are also higher quality than their own home base lounges! I would much rather spend time in CDG/LHR/BKK/SIN than Al Mourjan and probably Al Safwa too (would also choose the CCR over both).

In addition, I feel like the fairer comparison is BA’s East Coast US lounges as a J/F flyer, which are generally nicer than the LHR Galleries lounges albeit clearly still not on par with QR CDG.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:47 pm

Yes, there are indeed some oddities within such comparisons.

It’s undoubtedly true that Al Mourjan is, sadly, not what it was in the early days - although I guess that’s largely down to sheer numbers rather than a serious decline in catering standards. WRT Al Safwa : used it (when heading to MCT) just a couple of weeks back, Again, there was rather more ‘footfall’ than in times past - BUT I was nonetheless extremely well looked-after by the (plentiful !) staff.

I have yet to see QR’s ‘new’ LHR T4 lounge in the flesh but from my experience of the previous version, I personally rated it more highly than any other LHR facilities I’ve used over the years (including BA’s CCR). Last time I was there, a member of lounge staff actually offered to walk me to the gate when she saw me getting ready to leave. Obviously not necessary as I was unlikely to get lost en route ….. but hey it does give you that celeb feeling

PS I do wish BA would take a look at QR standards where showers / washrooms are concerned.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
In BA’s defence here, the QR outstation lounges are also higher quality than their own home base lounges! I would much rather spend time in CDG/LHR/BKK/SIN than Al Mourjan and probably Al Safwa too (would also choose the CCR over both).

In addition, I feel like the fairer comparison is BA’s East Coast US lounges as a J/F flyer, which are generally nicer than the LHR Galleries lounges albeit clearly still not on par with QR CDG.
Al Mourjan has suffered from periodic overcrowding that will hopefully be solved by the opening of the new lounges.
But I frequently used BA CCR and there is no comparison with Al Safwa in terms of food/wine/showers/service. CCR is pretty basic.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Al Mourjan has suffered from periodic overcrowding that will hopefully be solved by the opening of the new lounges.
But I frequently used BA CCR and there is no comparison with Al Safwa in terms of food/wine/showers/service. CCR is pretty basic.
I beg to differ as a frequent user of both Al Safwa and the CCR. When was your last visit to both? Al Safwa food basically tastes reheated, CCR food quality varies and is sometimes poor, but the best dishes I’ve had in the CCR (normally fish and puddings) easily beat Al Safwa. I would say the drinks are now better in CCR too post repeated QR downgrades. Right now CCR is LPGS vs. non-vintage Laurent Perrier in Al Safwa, for example…

The BA showers are shameful and you have a point there, but fortunately I never use them as LHR is always my start or end point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.