Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by plunet
Try a search in the BA forums, I am sure I have seen someone write about this.
​​​​​​
Thanks, I will. Thought I'd give it a run here first though.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Arriving/departing areas are separated at CDG. You cannot access the T2 lounges departing on QR.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by brunos
Arriving/departing areas are separated at CDG. You cannot access the T2 lounges departing on QR.
Although note that not in T1 where QR operate.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
I’ve just experienced the opposite. I was given a QR CDG lounge invitation at check-in my Y to J upgraded (with Qcredits) flight but was denied entry by the lounge dragon after she scanned my BP (as far as I remember they always scanned BP at QR CDG lounge) and had to go to the infamous Icare lounge instead thanx to my Platinum status...
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:30 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Matt4
I’ve just experienced the opposite. I was given a QR CDG lounge invitation at check-in my Y to J upgraded (with Qcredits) flight but was denied entry by the lounge dragon after she scanned my BP (as far as I remember they always scanned BP at QR CDG lounge) and had to go to the infamous Icare lounge instead thanx to my Platinum status...
You have my sympathies. Pathetic "service" for a top tier QRPC Platinum, but then again, we know only too well that this is the "new normal"
I hope to avoid the dreaded Icare Lounge by virtue of access to the T1 *A Lounge courtesy of my Lounge Key membership.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Glad to hear you enjoyed!

Ah fair enough - the CDG Lounge for BA, is operated by CX, so it's worth going to (and better than the adjacent AA Lounge).

M
Is the QR lounge accessible to passengers flying in business class on American Airlines even though it is terminal 1 vs terminal 2 where other Oneworld airlines typically depart? I am not familiar with the airside transfer requirements at CDG. Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Is the QR lounge accessible to passengers flying in business class on American Airlines even though it is terminal 1 vs terminal 2 where other Oneworld airlines typically depart? I am not familiar with the airside transfer requirements at CDG. Thanks!
Effectively no, it isn't. The only way to transit airside between terminals at CDG is to take a bus and I'm not sure if they'd actually let you on the bus from T2 to T1 without a boarding pass departing from T1. Even if they did let you through, the airside buses are not particularly efficient and you are probably looking at a travel time of the best part of an hour for the round trip (plus re-clearing security multiple times). The CX lounge in T2 is not a bad lounge by any means (albeit not to the level of QR in T1).

The only situation I'd recommend using the QR lounge in is if you are arriving on QR at T1 and connecting to AA at T2, in that case it would be fairly easy and would make some sense.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Effectively no, it isn't. The only way to transit airside between terminals at CDG is to take a bus and I'm not sure if they'd actually let you on the bus from T2 to T1 without a boarding pass departing from T1. Even if they did let you through, the airside buses are not particularly efficient and you are probably looking at a travel time of the best part of an hour for the round trip (plus re-clearing security multiple times). The CX lounge in T2 is not a bad lounge by any means (albeit not to the level of QR in T1).

The only situation I'd recommend using the QR lounge in is if you are arriving on QR at T1 and connecting to AA at T2, in that case it would be fairly easy and would make some sense.
Thanks a lot! I should have added that indeed Im coming off the QR 41 that lands at 655AM. I have several hours before my next flight on AA. IIRC the QR lounge closes at 830 before re-opening later in the day. If my QR flight is on time into CDG than hopefully I can use the QR lounge at Terminal 1 for an hour or so before it closes to freshen up before heading to T2 for my AA flight.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
Thanks a lot! I should have added that indeed Im coming off the QR 41 that lands at 655AM. I have several hours before my next flight on AA. IIRC the QR lounge closes at 830 before re-opening later in the day. If my QR flight is on time into CDG than hopefully I can use the QR lounge at Terminal 1 for an hour or so before it closes to freshen up before heading to T2 for my AA flight.
Ah, in that case yes, as long as your AA flight is in J you should be fine. I’ve never done this with AA but I’ve done it connecting from QR41 to a BA flight, so I assume the same applies. You’ll probably get an hour or so in the lounge before it closes, long enough to have breakfast (the shakshuka is excellent to say this is an airport lounge) and a very nice shower. Just bear in mind the transfer is not the easiest so I’d be looking to leave the lounge to head to CX probably a couple of hours before the flight. Enjoy!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:15 am
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
You have my sympathies. Pathetic "service" for a top tier QRPC Platinum, but then again, we know only too well that this is the "new normal"
I hope to avoid the dreaded Icare Lounge by virtue of access to the T1 *A Lounge courtesy of my Lounge Key membership.

And thats what I did - *A lounge with Lounge Key after being (expectedly) bounced from the QR lounge entrance "because you upgraded with Q miles/Q credits" - LOL....the Lounge Guardian was certainly more embarrassed than I was but I explained that I wanted to be sure that the ridiculous policy was still in play - it was
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NoY
Pathetic "service" for a top tier QRPC Platinum, but then again, we know only too well that this is the "new normal"
Why pathetic? It's well known (and discussed on FT) that upgraded tickets are eligible only for lounge benefits based on the original, purchased ticket. And QRPC status does not have lounge admission as a benefit to QR proprietary lounges. It's been like this for years, no?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:52 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Why pathetic? It's well known (and discussed on FT) that upgraded tickets are eligible only for lounge benefits based on the original, purchased ticket. And QRPC status does not have lounge admission as a benefit to QR proprietary lounges. It's been like this for years, no?
Oh, come on now, LOL. We all know the rules for god's sake....and yes, they are pathetic, wether published or not, long standing or not, new or old. That's the consensus opinion & just another nail in their coffin as far as many of us are concerned. Wow, QR apologism lives
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NoY
Oh, come on now, LOL. We all know the rules for god's sake....and yes, they are pathetic, wether published or not, long standing or not, new or old. That's the consensus opinion & just another nail in their coffin as far as many of us are concerned. Wow, QR apologism lives
Gee, I don't know. You feel the same way about AA? AA elite status doesn't permit admission into Admirals Cubs. And then there's the Concorde Room on BA. You feel the same about them, too?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:31 pm
NoY

Gee, I don't know. You feel the same way about AA? AA elite status doesn't permit admission into Admirals Cubs. And then there's the Concorde Room on BA. You feel the same about them, too?
No, no. You are mashing things together.

I get that airlines have non-alliance lounges - BA CCR & QR Al Safwa as you point out. I have no problem with that.

QR will not allow pax to enter their lounges per their ticketed cabin class - if any upgrade instrument has been used - that is pants, & utterly disregards the whole ethos of customer loyalty.

Pax who have earned the points used for upgrades or earned the Q Credits through loyalty are discriminated against, when in fact they should be treated according to their customer status.

I will not even go there regarding the weird club-based system that AA adopts, but again, they do not discriminate pax who have upgraded.

These are the facts & just one (of many) reasons why I am continuing to boycott QRPC & QR more widely* by spending $000's on other carriers

*apart from burning the final miles/credits stash :-:
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Not exactly. In the past one could enter QR lounges with a upgraded ticket. I did it several times in CDG and DOH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.