Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:49 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by batmandds
I arrive at CDG at 7:30 AM on DL but leave CDG for DOH in QR F at 16:05. Am I assuming correctly that I can still get in the lounge to shower in the morning before heading into Paris for lunch? Thanks.
As Delta arrive into Terminal 2E, and QR leave from Terminal 1, you will need to transfer between the terminals.

The QR Lounge is air-side, meaning once you are through security etc, you wont be permitted back land-side - without a valid reason (medical).

This is common across all European airports, but it might be worth checking to see whether DL have an Agreement to use the Air France Arrivals Lounge (if indeed there is one).

M
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
As Delta arrive into Terminal 2E, and QR leave from Terminal 1, you will need to transfer between the terminals.

The QR Lounge is air-side, meaning once you are through security etc, you wont be permitted back land-side - without a valid reason (medical).

This is common across all European airports, but it might be worth checking to see whether DL have an Agreement to use the Air France Arrivals Lounge (if indeed there is one).

M
Thanks for that info. In light of that, I will just use the AF lounge when I arrive to CDG and use the QR lounge in the afternoon.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:01 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
By anyone's estimates, how long will I be able to spend in the CDG lounge? CDG-DOH departing 1600, arriving CDG T2 (BA LHR-CDG) 1110. Assuming I will need 30 minutes to clear customs, collect my check-in luggage, and another 40 minutes to do the terminal transfer?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by zsc
By anyone's estimates, how long will I be able to spend in the CDG lounge? CDG-DOH departing 1600, arriving CDG T2 (BA LHR-CDG) 1110. Assuming I will need 30 minutes to clear customs, collect my check-in luggage, and another 40 minutes to do the terminal transfer?
It's quite a long walk from T2A to the Transit Train for T1 so expect to reach the QR Lounge by 1245 if the queues at immigration and security are low, and your bags come off quickly.

You'll likely have around 2 hours in the Lounge, which is more than enough - but don't bother leaving, as T1 is a dull terminal to walk round!

M
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by zsc
I took those same flights a few weeks ago. By the time I had picked up my luggage from the BA flight and got over to the QR check-in, it was about 12.15. The check-in didn't open for another 15-20 minutes, but I was in the lounge before 1 o'clock. Its a travelator walk from there to the gates, and you'll need to go through security scanners when you get to the satellite that the flight departs from, so yes two hours in the lounge is probably about right, assuming both flights are on time of course.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:43 am
zsc

It's quite a long walk from T2A to the Transit Train for T1 so expect to reach the QR Lounge by 1245 if the queues at immigration and security are low, and your bags come off quickly.

You'll likely have around 2 hours in the Lounge, which is more than enough - but don't bother leaving, as T1 is a dull terminal to walk round!

M
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I took those same flights a few weeks ago. By the time I had picked up my luggage from the BA flight and got over to the QR check-in, it was about 12.15. The check-in didn't open for another 15-20 minutes, but I was in the lounge before 1 o'clock. Its a travelator walk from there to the gates, and you'll need to go through security scanners when you get to the satellite that the flight departs from, so yes two hours in the lounge is probably about right, assuming both flights are on time of course.
Thanks! Any chance that this gets sped up a little since I'll be in J for the LHR-CDG leg?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by zsc
Thanks! Any chance that this gets sped up a little since I'll be in J for the LHR-CDG leg?
Unlikely, no.

You'll still have the long walk and transit train journey - and as far as your bags are concerned, Priority Baggage isn't something BA offer on their shorthaul routes (despite the tags).

M
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 am
zsc

Unlikely, no.

You'll still have the long walk and transit train journey - and as far as your bags are concerned, Priority Baggage isn't something BA offer on their shorthaul routes (despite the tags).

M
Fair enough. Does QR offer any transit service between terminals at CDG? To my knowledge it is only LH who does this (in their German airports only?), but just wanted to make sure I've got the right info.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by zsc
Fair enough. Does QR offer any transit service between terminals at CDG? To my knowledge it is only LH who does this (in their German airports only?), but just wanted to make sure I've got the right info.
Nope.

AF offer it for their F passengers, as do LH (as you've said) and LX.

There is a service at CDG, called La Conciergerie, which I use quite often, who make life easier and they do the transfer by car opposed to a long-walk and transit train. If you have no baggage, it cuts the transfer time down from around 50mins, to circa 15mins.

M
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:46 am

Hmm, arrived at 11:20 to see QR lounge closed. Admittedly I didn't research opening times as I was expecting full day. Asked the lounge attendant next door and she wrote on a piece of paper that QR lounge opens 12:30. So waiting at the lousy Icare with Loungebuddy access where the lounge attendant also told me they open at 12:30.

Update: they opened at 12:30

Last edited by mlqsko; Sep 22, 2017 at 4:57 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:53 am

Access query

I know access is for J/F pax, but is that QR only or applies to any OW flight? I have CX F to HKG from CDG and wanted to visit this lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
I know access is for J/F pax, but is that QR only or applies to any OW flight? I have CX F to HKG from CDG and wanted to visit this lounge.
Regrettably, CX fly from a different Terminal at CDG, so you will not be permitted access to the QR Lounge.

M
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Hi all,

I understand the the QR lounge in CDG is open between 6am-10am, 12pm-4pm etc

I will fly CDG-DOH in business class (flight QR 040) departing 3pm. However, I will land at CDG from JFK (on AA) around 6.30am (Terminal 2). I used to work in Paris, so I have little interested in going to the city center for a half-day.

What are my options in terms of lounge? I am AA EXP (onewolrd Emerald):

1) Go to any other OW lounge in Terminal 2 until 12pm? Will they let me in given that my next flight on QR departs from another terminal?

2) Go directly from Terminal 2 at 6.30 am to the QR lounge until 10am? Then hang in Terminal 1 until the lounge reopens at 12pm?

3) Any other suggestion?

Merci!

Last edited by zip10001; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:17 am Reason: 12pm-4pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by zip10001
Hi all,

I understand the the QR lounge in CDG is open between 6am-10am, 12am-4pm etc

I will fly CDG-DOH in business class (flight QR 040) departing 3pm. However, I will land at CDG from JFK (on AA) around 6.30am (Terminal 2). I used to work in Paris, so I have little interested in going to the city center for a half-day.

What are my options in terms of lounge? I am AA EXP (onewolrd Emerald):

1) Go to any other OW lounge in Terminal 2 until 12pm? Will they let me in given that my next flight on QR departs from another terminal?

2) Go directly from Terminal 2 at 6.30 am to the QR lounge until 10am? Then hang in Terminal 1 until the lounge reopens at 12pm?

3) Any other suggestion?

Merci!
I think you should be allowed access to the ICARE Lounge, open from 6:40 am. Alternatively, the Admirals Club at T2.
BTW, the Qatar Lounge doesn't open until 12:30pm.
zip10001 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.