Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR CDG lounge opened

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
Could you elaborate?
Sure. Poor signage. Cramped, low ceilinged waiting areas for connecting buses for Terminal transfer. Bizarre inter-terminal access through what looks like a make-shift door which was locked when I got there (opened by security when I shouted for assistance). Grim, tiny shopping area in with the absolute minimum of facilities. Boarding gate 36 is like something from the 70's - confusing, cramped, crowded & inadequate. For me it's an absolute s*** hole, to be honest. Just saying how I see it!

Last edited by NoY; Jul 27, 2019 at 12:23 pm Reason: typos
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:02 pm

When I was in 2E in April waiting for my flight to Kyiv there was only one serviceable toilet for all the gates in the long concourse, it was about a 10min return walk from my gate followed by a a 10 minute wait in line to use the facilities, there was no segregation for M/F and also has anyone tried the drinking water from the free fountains? I did and it was rank.
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Anyone knows which lounge QR is currently using at CDG?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 6:40 pm

It was the AA lounge, at least for the morning departure. Don’t expect too much!

I can only hope that T1 comes back online soon and it goes back to the Premium Lounge.
brunos likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Any CDG updates please ….. ?
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:31 pm

Anyone knows which lounge QR is currently using at CDG?
Anybody know what lounge QR is using currently? Im flying in a few weeks and the ticket says T1 wondering if when the Qatar lounge will re-open in t1?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 3:11 pm

Flying out of CDG on the 28th, I'll report back.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
I flew QR42 from CDG T1 on 13th January and unfortunatly, QR lounge was not yet reopened. The check-in agent told us it might reopen in February...
We were sent to Extime lounge (Extime seems to be the company running the duty free), which is a brand new lounge located after security, close to the boarding gate, in what seems to be a new extension of CDG T1.
I realy don't like these new airport settings, where you have to walk a long way to reach your lounge/boarding gate, passing by all the duty free shops. It was a shorter walk before at T1.
I didn't take any picture of the lounge but would say it looks good, but of course, below QR lounge level.
I can't comment a lot about food as it was breakfast time. There was the usual breakfast food spread one would expect.
There was some alcohol but didn't see any wine or champagne...
Old Jan 22, 2023, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Matt4
I flew QR42 from CDG T1 on 13th January and unfortunatly, QR lounge was not yet reopened. The check-in agent told us it might reopen in February...
We were sent to Extime lounge (Extime seems to be the company running the duty free), which is a brand new lounge located after security, close to the boarding gate, in what seems to be a new extension of CDG T1.
I realy don't like these new airport settings, where you have to walk a long way to reach your lounge/boarding gate, passing by all the duty free shops. It was a shorter walk before at T1.
I didn't take any picture of the lounge but would say it looks good, but of course, below QR lounge level.
I can't comment a lot about food as it was breakfast time. There was the usual breakfast food spread one would expect.
There was some alcohol but didn't see any wine or champagne...
Thanks for this.... i agree RE airport redesigns that force you like sheep through the duty free obstacle course, i like that Gatwick allows you to bypass the duty-free, and the first wing in LHR of course.
Wonder why Qatar are delaying the re-opening of their lounge, are they moving to a new lounge airside or similar i wonder? Think i saw someone mentioned qatar might be doing something with their T1 lounge..
Old Jan 22, 2023, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Thanks for this.... i agree RE airport redesigns that force you like sheep through the duty free obstacle course, i like that Gatwick allows you to bypass the duty-free, and the first wing in LHR of course.
Wonder why Qatar are delaying the re-opening of their lounge, are they moving to a new lounge airside or similar i wonder? Think i saw someone mentioned qatar might be doing something with their T1 lounge..
Unfortunately, it is not "their" lounge. The space belonged to the airport
With two of the terminals being in renovation T1 is hosting a lot of airlines and the airport space has been reallocated. A new (smaller) QR lounge was supposed to open but has been delayed for a while
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:41 am

With two of the terminals being in renovation T1 is hosting a lot of airlines and the airport space has been reallocated. A new (smaller) QR lounge was supposed to open but has been delayed for a while
ah thats interesting, so the old lounge landside is no more, and the new smaller lounge is simply waiting for final touches? Are there any more details on the new lounge(s)?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:07 am

Programs: Some
How depressing! QR CDG was probably my favourite lounge globally (along with WY F in MCT). A superb space for relaxing with plenty of natural light and two outdoor terraces, using it for anything other than a very premium airport lounge (i.e. not some Priority Pass €35 entry lounge) is a total waste.

Have QR been booted out of the space entirely or just forced to give up part of it?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
How depressing! QR CDG was probably my favourite lounge globally (along with WY F in MCT). A superb space for relaxing with plenty of natural light and two outdoor terraces, using it for anything other than a very premium airport lounge (i.e. not some Priority Pass €35 entry lounge) is a total waste.

Have QR been booted out of the space entirely or just forced to give up part of it?
I don't know. There has been a lot of redesign and construction at T1 while it was closed for 2 years due to covid.

I agree with you that that lounge was amazing with gigantic space and two far-away outdoors terraces (one allowing smoking). The new QR lounge was supposed to reopen in December and has been twice postponed.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:33 am

In the Extime lounge at CDG and it's pretty awful, 8 or 9 airlines all sharing, people standing up, all seats taken, circus at the buffet. The lounge itself would be pleasant when not crowded, it's bright, has a tarmac view and decent food. Immediately after passport control there is a cordoned off area with a QR logo outside, so hopefully the new lounge will open soon. ​​​​​​​

Last edited by seantheman; Jan 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:42 pm

So the oneworld website appears to suggest that the QR Premium Lounge has reopened at CDG? (it used to say "temporarily closed" when I last looked circa 2 weeks ago)
Also on QR's own website, it no longer mentions that it is closed.

Has anyone travelled through CDG since and can they confirm whether the lounge has indeed reopened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.