FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR CDG lounge opened
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:40 pm
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by subject2load
Used the CDG lounge on March 3rd. Had not departed from CDG with QR before, so my first experience of this impressive facility, with excellent staff and high overall standards (as with their LHR lounge). Always interesting to see how QR can offer a level of quality at their outstation lounges beyond anything BA seems able (willing ?) to manage at their home LHR base !

Hit a quiet spell in terms of pax numbers and spent a fair bit of time chatting to a QR manager who approached me just as I had finished eating. He was normally based in DOH, with overall responsibility for their lounge product and had come across to Paris to ‘oversee’ the reopening, help smooth over any teething troubles …….. and listen to feedback from any waifs and strays such as myself. I’m always happy to offer …. er …… constructive feedback ….. but suffice to say that in this case it was pretty much a 5 star review
In BA’s defence here, the QR outstation lounges are also higher quality than their own home base lounges! I would much rather spend time in CDG/LHR/BKK/SIN than Al Mourjan and probably Al Safwa too (would also choose the CCR over both).

In addition, I feel like the fairer comparison is BA’s East Coast US lounges as a J/F flyer, which are generally nicer than the LHR Galleries lounges albeit clearly still not on par with QR CDG.