Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: plunet
New destinations 2017.

Announced for 2017:-

AKL - Auckland started 5 February 2017
CNX - Chiang Mai starts 12th December 2017 4 times weekly 7th December 2017 31st October 2017 16 December 2016 Routes Online Qatar Press Release
DLA - Douala starts 3 times weekly (Date TBA)
DUB - Dublin started 12 June 2017
KBP - Kiev Borispi - starts daily. From 28th August 2017. Link
KNO - Medan starts 4 times weekly (Date TBA)
LBV - Libreville starts 3 times weekly (Date TBA)
NCE - Nice started 4th July 2017 Link
OHS - Sohar starts 8th August 2017 Link
PRG - Prague started at relatively short notice on 21st August 2017 Link
SJJ - Sarajevo starts 4 times weekly on 31st October 2017. Link
SKP - Skopje started 17th July 2017 Link
TUU - Tabuk starts 19th June 2017 Link never started and would be suspended as of 6th June 2017.
YNB - Yanbu started 9th May 2017 28th March 2017 Link but suspended 6th June 2017.

Announced for 2018:

CBR - Canberra daily Starts 12th February 2018 via SYD. RoutesOnline
GIG - Rio de Janeiro starts 4 times weekly. Starts 30 January 2018.
LAS - Las Vegas starts 8th January 2018 3x weekly on 1st June 2018 Link, RoutesOnline
PEN - Penang, Malaysia, starts three weekly 6th February 2018. RoutesOnline,Press Release, Thread
SCL - Santiago starts 4 times weekly. Starts 30 January 2018.
UTP - U-Tapao Rayong Pattaya, starts four weekly 28 January 2018 Qatar Press Release

Lisbon and Lusaka were not mentioned in http://www.qatarairways.com/be/en/pr...17destinations.

New destinations 2016 can be seen here
New destinations 2015 can be seen here
Print Wikipost

New Destinations 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 4:52 am

According to Brazilian press, QR service to GIG and SCL will start on 30th of January 2018.

The flight will be operated on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays with A359. The service is scheduled to land at GIG at 5pm and is slated to takeoff back to Doha at 05h45am the following day.

And seems the route is DOH-GIG-SCL.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
The airline has confirmed the start of its new service between Doha and Sohar with three-weekly flights beginning 8 August, while the service between Doha and Prague will operate on a daily basis from 21 August. Both destinations will be operated by Qatar Airways’ Airbus A320 aircraft.
[...]
The new Prague and Sohar routes will be served by an Airbus A320 aircraft featuring 12 seats in Business Class and 132 seats in Economy Class.
[...]
Flights Schedules:

Doha – Sohar
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Doha (DOH) to Sohar (OHS) QR 1132 departs 13:20 arrives 16:10
Sohar (OHS) to Doha (DOH) QR1133 departs 17:10 arrives 18:05

Doha – Prague
Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday
Doha (DOH) to Prague (PRG) QR 289 departs 02:30 arrives 07:40
Prague (PRG) to Doha (DOH) QR 290 departs 09:25 arrives 16:25

Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Doha (DOH) to Prague (PRG) QR 291 departs 08:00 arrives 13:10
Prague (PRG) to Doha (DOH) QR 292 departs 17:10 arrives 00:10 +1

*As per Summer schedule.

Last edited by Matt4; Jul 4, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:41 pm
tya

Programs: TK Miles&Smiles, AAdvantage, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by tboons
EK is doing rather well on the TPE route. TPE to Europe has a lot of traffic but mostly leisure. On my European flights, tend to bump into taiwanese tour groups who have to transfer in HKG for codeshare with CX. More likely, political reasons.
Agree. At least from load-factor POV (as publicized by Taiwan FAA), both TK and EK are doing fairly satisfactory. QR can even sustain even tertiary cities in Asia, doubt they can't do Taipei except political reasons.

(then yet again, even TK and EK fly to TPE now, why would it be a problem politically to launch TPE? really curious )
Old Jul 5, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
I was REALLY hoping it wouldn't be a320 to PRG!! Fingers crossed it'll get upgraded soon - ek is close to a second PRG as the load factor on their a380 is consistently high on this route!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:22 am

Was expecting some cheaper fares from Prague but couldn't find anything. There are some Business Savers and Business Promos but they are all quite high...
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
What a pleasure to see the first QR 788 land into Nice on Tuesday, and it got a warm welcome despite EK's mean trick of landing impressive A388s since last Saturday!

Sadly, the J fares ex-NCE remain very expensive compared to many other departure points, but we live in hope...
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: QF GO
I've recently twitted Qatar about the possibly of flying to TPE direct.

They replied "efforts are underway to continuously expand our network. Hopefully we will touch down at Taoyuan airport soon. Stay tuned"

Should I get excited? Any inside news?

Ive always wanted to fly QR but QF earn rates on QR on flights between Europe/DOH/New Zealand is so so bad that I can't justify to fly with QR maybe when I have attained lifetime Sapphire.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Announcement this week that QR will start daily flights to Kiev at the end of August 2017.

Press release here

Qatar Airways Launches New Service To Kyiv, Ukraine
12 July 2017
Press releases
Direct flights to Kyiv to begin August 28

Service to Ukrainian capital part of airline’s robust expansion in Eastern Europe, with service to Skopje and Prague to commence this summer

New route to be served by an Airbus A320 aircraft

DOHA, Qatar – Qatar Airways is pleased to announce the launch of its new direct service to Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, with seven weekly flights beginning 28 August 2017.

Kyiv is one of Eastern Europe’s oldest cities and an historic and cultural centre, with stunning architecture and many museums and galleries showcasing the city’s centuries-long past. The art collections and architecture of this ancient city are widely-recognised world treasures. One of Eastern Europe’s undiscovered jewels, this exquisitely beautiful city offers a striking skyline resplendent with glittering turrets, twisting spires and golden domes, and is quickly becoming a popular destination for travellers-in-the-know.

The launch of service to the Ukrainian capital comes as part of the airline’s robust expansion in Eastern Europe, with service to Skopje, Republic of Macedonia and Prague, Czech Republic commencing this summer.

Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker said: “Our new service to Kyiv is part of our expedited expansion plans, which aim at unlocking new destinations to enhance our passengers’ connectivity to our extensive global network. Passengers from Kyiv will now have the opportunity to travel seamlessly through our award-winning Doha Hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA), to any of our popular destinations in Eastern Europe as well as throughout our rapidly-expanding network. And Qatar Airways passengers will now have the opportunity to experience the exquisite beauty of Kyiv, one of Eastern Europe’s most stunning cities. We are delighted to be able to unlock this gateway to Eastern Europe.”

The new Kyiv route will be served by an Airbus A320 aircraft, featuring 12 seats in Business Class and 132 seats in Economy Class. The aircraft offers individual seatback television screens providing all passengers with the next-generation, interactive on board entertainment system, Oryx One, featuring a choice of more than 3000 entertainment options.

The 2017 Airline of the Year, as awarded by Skytrax, has a host of exciting new destinations planned for the remainder of this year and 2018, including Canberra, Australia; Chiang Mai, Thailand; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; San Francisco, U.S.; and Santiago, Chile. A total of 25 new destination launches will take place throughout 2017-2018.

Qatar Airways has received a number of accolades this year, including Airline of the Year by the prestigious 2017 Skytrax World Airline Awards, which was held at the Paris Air Show. This is the fourth time that Qatar Airways has been given this global recognition as the world’s best airline. In addition to being voted Best Airline by travellers from around the world, Qatar’s national carrier also won a raft of other major awards at the ceremony, including Best Airline in the Middle East, World’s Best Business Class and World’s Best First Class Airline Lounge.

Flights Schedules:

Doha – Kyiv

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Doha (DOH) to Kyiv (KBP) QR297 departs 15:15 arrives 20:55

Kyiv (KBP) to Doha (DOH) QR298 departs 23:45 arrives 05:05 +1

Wednesday, Friday, Sunday

Doha (DOH) to Kyiv (KBP) QR295 departs 06:45 arrives 12:25

Kyiv (KBP) to Doha (DOH) QR296 departs 13:25 arrives 18:45

*As per Summer schedule.
From RoutesOnline:

Qatar Airways this week opened reservation for flights to Ukraine, as the airline schedules Doha – Kiev Borispil launch on 28AUG17. Operating on daily basis, this route will be served by Airbus A320 aircraft.

QR295 DOH0645 – 1225KBP 320 357
QR297 DOH1515 – 2055KBP 320 x357

QR296 KBP1325 – 1845DOH 320 357
QR298 KBP2345 – 0505+1DOH 320 x357
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:55 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
The Canberra flight start dates are now in GDS - with confirmation of a double daily Sydney flight that it will be tagged onto.

Couldn't see SYD-CBR flights available as a separate add-on, so I guess they don't have traffic rights (yet) if they are intending to get them.

https://airline-news.blogspot.co.uk/...irways-to.html

Qatar Airways has officially published on the GDS system that it shall be increasing its presence in Australia with the addition of a new second daily nonstop service to Sydney airport from Doha. This new flight will extend onwards to the capital city i.e. CBR-Canberra using a Boeing 777-300ER.

The new flight will be operated effective 12FEB18 and the schedule is as follows:

Days: Daily
Aircraft: B777-300ER

QR 906 Dep DOH 0810 Arr SYD 0615+1
QR 906 Dep SYD 0725 Arr CBR 0825

QR 907 Dep CBR 1345 Arr SYD 1445
QR 907 Dep SYD 1555 Arr DOH 2230
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
The Canberra flight start dates are now in GDS - with confirmation of a double daily Sydney flight that it will be tagged onto.

Couldn't see SYD-CBR flights available as a separate add-on, so I guess they don't have traffic rights (yet) if they are intending to get them.

https://airline-news.blogspot.co.uk/...irways-to.html
AusBT says no possibility to fly just the domestic leg
https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airwa...-february-2018

I assume that one stays airside at the international terminal at SYD, and clears immigration at CBR.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by onlySIA

I assume that one stays airside at the international terminal at SYD, and clears immigration at CBR.
If going to/from CBR, you'd go through international connections in SYD and clear customs/immigration in CBR.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by onlySIA

Can they sell as an International leg? It will be attractive if this flight would allow pax from CBR to connect with all international flights out of SYD ( or at least OW carriers) without changing terminals.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Himeno
If going to/from CBR, you'd go through international connections in SYD and clear customs/immigration in CBR.
Would you not just stay on the plane? I know when they flew CPT - JNB - DOH you just stayed on board the plane in JNB. Or am I misunderstanding something?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:30 am

wijibintheair TIME!
The time taken for CPT-JNB-DOH was relatively short compared to the 17 odd hours DOH-SYD-CBR would take.
After 14 plus hours DOH-SYD the cabin would look like a pigsty and be in desperate need of cleaning.
Add to that the possibility that the environmental protection authorities could demand extra de-fumigation procedures.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Would you not just stay on the plane? I know when they flew CPT - JNB - DOH you just stayed on board the plane in JNB. Or am I misunderstanding something?
This depends on the regulations of that country, and from a very practical point, if new domestic passengers can board the flight at the intermediate stopping point before flying onto the final domestic destination. If passengers can board, you now have a mixture of domestic and international passengers on the same flight, how would immigration and customs be able to sensibly separate the passengers and ensure that international passengers do not pass items that may need duty to be paid to the domestic passengers to take through as domestic goods?

It's probably more common in these situations for all passengers at intermediate stop points before flying onto another domestic airport to have to disembark and clear immigration, so they fly onwards as a domestic passenger. Luggage may be a different issue and it could be that luggage is cleared customs at the final destination.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.