Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: plunet
New destinations 2017.

Announced for 2017:-

AKL - Auckland started 5 February 2017
CNX - Chiang Mai starts 12th December 2017 4 times weekly 7th December 2017 31st October 2017 16 December 2016 Routes Online Qatar Press Release
DLA - Douala starts 3 times weekly (Date TBA)
DUB - Dublin started 12 June 2017
KBP - Kiev Borispi - starts daily. From 28th August 2017. Link
KNO - Medan starts 4 times weekly (Date TBA)
LBV - Libreville starts 3 times weekly (Date TBA)
NCE - Nice started 4th July 2017 Link
OHS - Sohar starts 8th August 2017 Link
PRG - Prague started at relatively short notice on 21st August 2017 Link
SJJ - Sarajevo starts 4 times weekly on 31st October 2017. Link
SKP - Skopje started 17th July 2017 Link
TUU - Tabuk starts 19th June 2017 Link never started and would be suspended as of 6th June 2017.
YNB - Yanbu started 9th May 2017 28th March 2017 Link but suspended 6th June 2017.

Announced for 2018:

CBR - Canberra daily Starts 12th February 2018 via SYD. RoutesOnline
GIG - Rio de Janeiro starts 4 times weekly. Starts 30 January 2018.
LAS - Las Vegas starts 8th January 2018 3x weekly on 1st June 2018 Link, RoutesOnline
PEN - Penang, Malaysia, starts three weekly 6th February 2018. RoutesOnline,Press Release, Thread
SCL - Santiago starts 4 times weekly. Starts 30 January 2018.
UTP - U-Tapao Rayong Pattaya, starts four weekly 28 January 2018 Qatar Press Release

Lisbon and Lusaka were not mentioned in http://www.qatarairways.com/be/en/pr...17destinations.

New destinations 2016 can be seen here
New destinations 2015 can be seen here
Print Wikipost

New Destinations 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Does anyone have an idea when Medan (KNO) will be added to the network?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Not that surprising. LAS attracts lots of foreigners that want to get rid of excessive money.
Not only the leisure crowd who like to go against the odds, but Las Vegas is also a very large conference city. It attracts also a lot of businessmen.
I think it is a smart move, since there is not really competition.

Only thing is that QR does not offer flights from Western and Central Europe to the states (e.g. LAX), so they must be targeting the ME and Asia crowd for this one.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Not only the leisure crowd who like to go against the odds, but Las Vegas is also a very large conference city. It attracts also a lot of businessmen.
I think it is a smart move, since there is not really competition.

Only thing is that QR does not offer flights from Western and Central Europe to the states (e.g. LAX), so they must be targeting the ME and Asia crowd for this one.
4x weekly is not an attractive schedule for business travelers.

I'm not sure I'd argue that there isn't competition from ME/Asia. QR would offer a 1-stop 4x weekly option. BA from most major origins would offer a 1 stop 11x/week; VS somewhat less conveniently (LGW). For many (East) Asian origins, UA/*A offers multiple connecting options with 1 stop, as do DL/ST and to a lesser degree AA/OW.

Depending on what equipment QR puts on the route, should give us some hint as to the target market. If it's the low J 77W, that should suggest they're after the leisure market.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by scnzzz
4x weekly is not an attractive schedule for business travelers.

I'm not sure I'd argue that there isn't competition from ME/Asia. QR would offer a 1-stop 4x weekly option. BA from most major origins would offer a 1 stop 11x/week; VS somewhat less conveniently (LGW). For many (East) Asian origins, UA/*A offers multiple connecting options with 1 stop, as do DL/ST and to a lesser degree AA/OW.

Depending on what equipment QR puts on the route, should give us some hint as to the target market. If it's the low J 77W, that should suggest they're after the leisure market.
If I had the choice between BA and QR, I know which one I'd pick (given comparable travel times, price, etc.).
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
I swear DLA/LBV was going to start in Jan 2017?!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:32 am

im.daniel the only reference to LBV and DLA actually being served is the comment in the Wiki that they will each have three flights a week. No date has been given yet.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by makrom
If I had the choice between BA and QR, I know which one I'd pick (given comparable travel times, price, etc.).
Me too, but most business travelers (at least most of the ones I know) wouldn't know the difference or care.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

any info about PRG?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

I believe politics are at play with regards to CEB.

It should appear soon, but I can say no more.

M
msm2000uk - it's been just over 100 days since your above post (#9); are you able to say any more yet?

Mrs PtF flew QR J to CEB in January via ICN, to CEB last week via MNL, and will fly to CEB in June via HKG - she's fast running out of transit points! Subject to timing of flights a direct DOH-CEB service would be great news.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
im.daniel the only reference to LBV and DLA actually being served is the comment in the Wiki that they will each have three flights a week. No date has been given yet.
Thanks! I found the article I was referring to, but that was written in Mar 2016 on routesonline, presumably when the routes were announced.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-...16-gueco4.html

The link on the front page of The Canberra Times -New Canberra flights may not be direct to Doha - shows once more that some copywriters have no idea what a direct flight actually is
There would be no need for government negotiations for this. A DOH-SYD-CBR flight would be allowed under the current air services agreement.

The current agreement allows QR to fly to the major Australian gateways (MEL/BNE/SYD/PER) 21 times/week and unlimited access to other international ports (eg, ADL/CBR/CNS/OOL). The current flights to PER, MEL and SYD use these.
However, the agreement also allows another 7 flights/week to the major ports, provided the flight is to/via another Australian port.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
There would be no need for government negotiations for this. A DOH-SYD-CBR flight would be allowed under the current air services agreement.

The current agreement allows QR to fly to the major Australian gateways (MEL/BNE/SYD/PER) 21 times/week and unlimited access to other international ports (eg, ADL/CBR/CNS/OOL). The current flights to PER, MEL and SYD use these.
However, the agreement also allows another 7 flights/week to the major ports, provided the flight is to/via another Australian port.

QR is seeking to use the Members Dining Room at Parliament House as its Business Class Lounge hence the need for government negotiations 😐
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

msm2000uk - it's been just over 100 days since your above post (#9); are you able to say any more yet?

Mrs PtF flew QR J to CEB in January via ICN, to CEB last week via MNL, and will fly to CEB in June via HKG - she's fast running out of transit points! Subject to timing of flights a direct DOH-CEB service would be great news.
I'm wondering whether this:

https://www.philippineairlines.com/e...a-doha-service

will have any impact on future QR Philippines frequencies and/or destinations.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Noticed that the start date for Yanbu has gone back to May in this press release. Updated the wiki.

Flight Schedule:

Doha – Yanbu
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Doha (DOH) to Yanbu (YNB) QR 1216 departs 12:55 arrives 15:35
Yanbu (YNB) to Doha (DOH) QR 1217 departs 16:35 arrives 19:00

Doha - Tabuk
Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday
Doha (DOH) to Tabuk (TUU) QR1220 departs 12:35 arrives 15:20
Tabuk (TUU) to Doha (DOH) QR1221 departs 16:20 arrives 19:00
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:54 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...rdiff-flights/

Qatar Airways has announced plans to fly to Cardiff, along with a raft of new destinations including San Francisco, Cardiff, Malaga, Lisbon, Chittagong, Kiev and Mombasa.

The full list of 12 new destinations announced today is as follows:

San Francisco, US
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Utapao, Thailand
Chittagong, Bangladesh
Mykonos, Greece
Málaga, Spain
Accra, Ghana
Lisbon, Portugal
Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Prague, Czech Republic
Kiev, Ukraine
Mombasa, Kenya

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.