Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
wouldn't it make more sense to do cleaning at night when there are less customers?
At least when I was there for a 14-hour layover, the lounge was almost empty from about 9am. Customers started trickling in at about 5pm and bam, the lounge was busy again.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
purple1addict the big question now is could you get your desired sandwich there?
Very good question! I didn't ask - but there weren't any menus out either, so I assumed it was buffet only.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
This sounds more like a cost-cutting measure than for "cleaning".
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:17 am

I'm in AM now (11am local time). If there are 20 passengers across the whole lounge I'd be amazed. It would be ridiculous to have food and staff standing at both the restaurant and the sandwich bar. No doubt the removal of regional flights is the main issue at this time of day, and they could just say it is only open during certain hours rather than the cleaning story, but the concepts of face and not saying negative things to customers probably come into play here
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Club; Gold
Originally Posted by Professional Bum
You can actually walk around the yellow barricades, just let the staff know that you're going to the quiet area/shower rooms.
Yep - this is what I did in both directions when transiting recently. Long queues at main lounge showers but the quiet room showers were completely empty ^
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:26 pm

So i’ve booked a connection which gets into DOH at 01:10 and then I depart at 7:00 am what food is likely to be available in this period? Am I still going to be able to get dinner type food or will I be stuck with breakfast (or even just snacks?). Thanks
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
I'm in AM now (11am local time). If there are 20 passengers across the whole lounge I'd be amazed. It would be ridiculous to have food and staff standing at both the restaurant and the sandwich bar. No doubt the removal of regional flights is the main issue at this time of day, and they could just say it is only open during certain hours rather than the cleaning story, but the concepts of face and not saying negative things to customers probably come into play here
Wouldn't premium pax on regional flights be in Al Safwa anyway?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:17 pm

klausa Al Safwa is for holders of First class boarding passes. Regional BPs are just as valid as longhaul. There are slightly different rules fo access when arriving in F. Only longhaul arriving F passengers admitted. This is an extract of the rules in answer to your post.
Passengers arriving on regional F would use Al Mourjan.

Last edited by remdk; Nov 9, 2017 at 1:48 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:04 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Best place to sleep in Al Mourjan Business Lounge DOH

Hi All,

Next week I have a Saki fare to Tokyo booked with an arrival time into DOH at 10.45PM and then departing the next morning at 6.45AM to HND.

I can't see that much point in staying at a hotel, well maybe "THE AIRPORT HOTEL" and staying airside, but apart from that has anyone slept in the lounge before ?

Are there any good sleeping spots ?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
You don't qualify for STPC do you , maybe check on that !? Best place to sleep is the place where they have a quiet area with lie flat seats - a bit like deck chairs.

P.S. I love your You Tube channel , big fan !
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:30 pm
formerly southsidesilver

You don't qualify for STPC do you , maybe check on that !?
I think they changed the rules for STPC and my layover time is 7hours and 15 minutes, sorry arrival time is 11.35PM
I believe it needs to be over 8 (ahh so close)

Best place to sleep is the place where they have a quiet area with lie flat seats - a bit like deck chairs.
I guess I will find that area to sleep.

P.S. I love your You Tube channel , big fan !
Thank you. !!!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
Hi All,

Next week I have a Saki fare to Tokyo booked with an arrival time into DOH at 10.45PM and then departing the next morning at 6.45AM to HND.

I can't see that much point in staying at a hotel, well maybe "THE AIRPORT HOTEL" and staying airside, but apart from that has anyone slept in the lounge before ?

Are there any good sleeping spots ?
Yes, I have stayed at AM for 14 hours and I got some decent amount of sleep. Upon entering AM, go to your left and walk to the far end of the hall. There you will see the sandwich/deli restaurant. Walk in and to your right after the bar you will find the quiet area and shower rooms. They have way bigger cubicles there and each one would have a huge couch where you can sleep. A staff will assign a cubicle to you and it's yours for the whole duration of your transit.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:15 pm
formerly southsidesilver

They have way bigger cubicles there and each one would have a huge couch where you can sleep. A staff will assign a cubicle to you and it's yours for the whole duration of your transit.
Awesome thanks, hopefully some will be free.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
In a related vein, what's the cheapest F fare ex-DOH to anywhere on QR or a OneWorld carrier?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:56 am

Would an Emerald passenger from another Oneworld carrier get access to the Al Mourjan lounge if he is flying on Sri Lankan (UL) in Business Class ex Doha? If not, what lounge can he use without having to pay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.