Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by pvgman
Useful information, I didn't expect the arrival lounge to be open overnight, how is their wine and champagne selection?

Would you recommend the sofa there above the sleeping room in Al Mourjan?
The "sleeping room" in Al Mourjan is a leather sofa in the quiet area opposite the showers. I found the sofa deep enough to actually sleep; but make no mistake. It's still a sofa. If you're a J class passenger, you won't have access to the real "sleeping rooms," the ones in Al Safwa. Those, I found to be excellent.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Useful information, I didn't expect the arrival lounge to be open overnight, how is their wine and champagne selection?

Would you recommend the sofa there above the sleeping room in Al Mourjan?
From what I have seen the lounger/sofa arrangements in Al Mourjan look more comfortable and secluded; the Arrivals lounge is more open. There are some private TV booth areas, but they have upright leather armchairs, which will be less comfortable.

There wasn't any alcohol on display, I don't know if any is served in the Arrivals Lounge; possibly not, it's not really designed for longer visits (although as mentioned we were able to stay there for as long as we wanted before our connecting flight) - the main benefit is that is very quiet as compared with the airside lounges, given how few people use it at that time.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Also useful are the "lounge chairs" behind the business area. put on the (pink) eye shades, earplugs and if you re tired enough, it works

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The "sleeping room" in Al Mourjan is a leather sofa in the quiet area opposite the showers. I found the sofa deep enough to actually sleep; but make no mistake. It's still a sofa. If you're a J class passenger, you won't have access to the real "sleeping rooms," the ones in Al Safwa. Those, I found to be excellent.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
I believe the arrivals lounge is an alcohol free zone.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Currently in the Al Mourjan Lounge. Champagne on offer is Pommery Cuvée Louise 2002. Not Krug, but not bad.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I believe the arrivals lounge is an alcohol free zone.
Arrivals lounge for business and first is most definitely non-alchoholic. The food is all menu based.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Currently in the Al Mourjan Lounge. Champagne on offer is Pommery Cuvée Louise 2002. Not Krug, but not bad.
Impressive for Al Mourjan. I wonder if it is permament? Isn't that served in F on-board along with Krug?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Impressive for Al Mourjan. I wonder if it is permament? Isn't that served in F on-board along with Krug?
The guys in the lounge are not sure if it will rotate out after a week. Anyways, it is not bad.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Got to the lounge at 0520 yesterday (Saturday, 18 November, 2017) after arriving from BKK on the 346, my second favorite plane. No transit security, directed directly out into the departures area. I counted three people in the deli. Two people in line before me waiting for showers; but the wait was only four minutes. Left the showers at 0602, and I counted only six empty seats in the deli (but it's entirely possible that I missed a few). Went upstairs to the dining room. Very crowded; walked around for a few minutes looking for a seat, and finally sat at the bar. Had mushroom omelette from the buffet, where the omelettes were cut in half, quite good, lots of mushrooms. Tried a Bloody Mary instead of my usual champagne, -- it was delicious. Each glass mixed from scratch individually, no pitchers of pre-prepared drinks or even mix. They tend to go a bit heavy on the Tabasco. (I watched a few others as they were prepared, too, so know that it wasn't just mine.) All-in-all, another great AM experience!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
I think they changed the rules for STPC and my layover time is 7hours and 15 minutes, sorry arrival time is 11.35PM
I believe it needs to be over 8 (ahh so close)

I guess I will find that area to sleep.

Thank you. !!!

You can still get a free hotel from Qatar Tourism. It might be nice to spend 6 hr in a flat space out of a airport.
You'll already have boarding passes for morning, so being back 6am, and premium security to gate will be a non issue.

on our trip, we want to hotel for 7hrs. Worth it.
Mostly cause hotel was free
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:15 am

deadinabsentia there are two ways to get a free hotel from QR in DOH:
1) STPC if your transit time is over eight hours with no shorter connections etc.
2) If if your connection is over 12 hours and you apply for the +Qatar package.
When I Travel The World states that his transit time is 7 hours 15 minutes which does not qualify foe either STPC or +Qatar. So no hotel for him.
What was your total transit time from scheduled arrival until svheduled and which package did you use? Without that information your post appears to be very misleading.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: qr
Just passed through (21/11/17) Al Mourjan lounge approx 16.30 hrs doh time . Was pretty empty did not see if deli was open, headed upstairs had some buffet food - choice has definitely been reduced. Champagne was both Lanson White and pink, as it was on board both my flights
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by remdk
deadinabsentia there are two ways to get a free hotel from QR in DOH:
1) STPC if your transit time is over eight hours with no shorter connections etc.
2) If if your connection is over 12 hours and you apply for the +Qatar package.
When I Travel The World states that his transit time is 7 hours 15 minutes which does not qualify foe either STPC or +Qatar. So no hotel for him.
What was your total transit time from scheduled arrival until svheduled and which package did you use? Without that information your post appears to be very misleading.

7hrs and 9 hrs.. we got hotel both ways from Discover Qatar program.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:56 am

Angry

Originally Posted by tav1989
Just passed through (21/11/17) Al Mourjan lounge approx 16.30 hrs doh time . Was pretty empty did not see if deli was open, headed upstairs had some buffet food - choice has definitely been reduced. Champagne was both Lanson White and pink, as it was on board both my flights
Thanks for that report. Sounds like they have made the move from Billecart-Salmon to Lanson in lounge too Pommery Cuvée Louise 2002 was probably just a stop gap.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:51 pm

deadinabsentia you have been extremely lucky. The rules for Discover Qatar/+ Qatar say a minimum transit time of 12 hours and is only available once per reservation.
QR are very strict about their rules but the team administering + Qatar is known to be more lax.
Unless you are a national of the eighty countries listed on https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/v...e-arrival.html immigration will only grant one free 96 hour visa per reservation. Mind you with all the changes to visa requirements this may have been rescinded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.