Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KingCanute
The downgrade in the quality on offer is another matter. Based on past exploits with things like pyjamas and amenity kits though, that could just as easily be the result of new supply contracts not being signed off early enough, or clearing old stock out of the warehouse. They have been been busy with the world cup after all
Lets hope so! I cant face a return to Lallier
KingCanute likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
I didn't realise there was a 1 alcoholic drink rule at AM. I ordered a glass of champagne to go with my "starter" off the buffet and then a glass of red to go with my ordered steak.
I was informed the same during an AM visit in Aug 2021. Only one drink at a time. Like everything, I think it depends on the server on whether it's strictly enforced.

In my case, I wasn't being greedy - I just ordered a second drink 10 minutes after the first while I was ordering a main dish off the menu...but was told to finish the first...first.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:03 pm

Odd question, I know, but: Im on Qsuites now headed into Doha and am realizing all my appropriate clothes for a Middle Eastern lounge experience are checked in.

So what would be, um, less inappropriate to wear to Al Mourjan:

(1) Keeping on my pyjamas from the flight, which at least dont show leg
(2) Wearing the khaki shorts and short-sleeved shirt I wore onto the flight

Also, is it possible to put your name down for the shower at a specific time, e.g. if I came by at 1am and requested a 2am shower would they accommodate?

Thank you!
Old Feb 7, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by jaslmdm

Also, is it possible to put your name down for the shower at a specific time, e.g. if I came by at 1am and requested a 2am shower would they accommodate?

Thank you!
You won't be stoned for wearing shorts these days...

At at hour, you'd be lucky to get a shower at all. Not sure how long your layover is, but 2330-0130 is a very busy period for the lounge.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Odd question, I know, but: Im on Qsuites now headed into Doha and am realizing all my appropriate clothes for a Middle Eastern lounge experience are checked in.

Thank you!
Wear the shorts, you won't be the only one in the lounge in shorts. No one will care. I definitely would avoid wearing the pjs.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:18 pm

^^ Shorts-wearing guy here to add some DPs:

(1) Big new Orchard lounge still not yet open; the 3 people I asked had no info on when it would open. My flight landed near Orchard (C gates) and when I asked where the Al Mourjan lounge was, everyone tried sending me to the smaller Al Mourjan north but I eventually figured out I needed to look for the signs to A/B gates and take the tram to get to the big lounge.

(2) Restaurant pretty empty when I entered at 1045pm (Thursday night); was able to get one of the prized leather throne 2-tops overlooking the first floor. Was practically full when I left at 1130. I tried a couple of a la carte entrees and found them to be just OK but the desserts from the case were excellent.

(3) Answering my other question from above, they were happy to put my name down at 1045 for a shower in about an hour, then I was first in line to be called when I returned at 1145ish, at which point there was a substantial wait.
mckma8, jackmiles and nexus007 like this.

Last edited by jaslmdm; Feb 10, 2023 at 4:11 am
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

(1) Big new Orchard lounge still not yet open; the 3 people I asked had no info on when it would open. My flight landed near Orchard (C gates) and when I asked where the “Al Mourjan lounge” was, everyone tried sending me to the smaller Al Mourjan north but I eventually figured out I needed to look for the signs to A/B gates and take the tram to get to the big lounge.
To be fair unless you specified you wanted the AM South, they answered your question accurately....

Last edited by Schwann; Feb 10, 2023 at 8:32 am
Old Feb 10, 2023, 4:10 am

[QUOTE=Schwann;35000226]

(1) Big new Orchard lounge still not yet open; the 3 people I asked had no info on when it would open. My flight landed near Orchard (C gates) and when I asked where the Al Mourjan lounge was, everyone tried sending me to the smaller Al Mourjan north but I eventually figured out I needed to look for the signs to A/B gates and take the tram to get to the big lounge.
/QUOTE]

To be fair unless you specified you wanted the AM South, they answered your question accurately....
I think I said the big Al Mourjan lounge or main lounge or something along those lines but thanks, duly noting the specific terminology for the future.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 1:44 pm

Used the AM lounge twice last month. Completely underwhelmed. Went up to the restaurant and it was like a cafe. Officious man at the top of the stairs told me they were full.

We didn’t have a long layover so it was fine but didn’t rate it at all.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 8:31 pm

I was back in AM again for the first time in a while last week and it really reinforced my feeling that it is just not a top tier lounge. I was there at breakfast and the food was thoroughly unremarkable, just a few options. Given the 24 hour nature of the lounge, they really should offer some of the more lunch/dinner oriented food all throughout the day.

It was also very hard to find a relaxing place to sit and wait, there is always so much noise and people bustling by. I decided to swing by the Platinum Lounge as well and would actually go so far as to say that I preferred that lounge overall. It was nice and quiet at the time, nice relaxing vibe, same food and drink options, views of the tarmac.

My all time favorite lounges have always been the CX lounges at HKG (or the outstation lounges), so that is what I base my comparison on. AM doesn't even come close.
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure if it helps, but when I visited the AM North recently, it was a lot quieter.

With that said, a visit to the Platinum Lounge was also quiet, and the food seemed more extensive than the AM.....maybe I'm wrong?
jmail1, jah718 and babyg_wc like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
We were sent to AM North last weekend around midnight as the gold lounge was full.

I would say underwhelming is about right. It was packed so finding space depended on finding someone who was leaving. The food was uninspiring but we did get a shower easily enough.

Better than wandering the terminal and there are worse lounges out there but not what I expected.

first time on Qatar and wont be the last as the service levels on board have been grear
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: Some
It is somewhat disconcerting that Al Mourjan North is already full when QR hasn’t even fully ramped up flights again yet. HfP confirmed this morning that it is only a temporary ‘Al Mourjan’ and will be repurposed when Al Mourjan Garden opens - https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/0...e-doha-airport
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Is the AM lounge exclusion limited to QR Business Lite (P) fares only? One can always get access on a non-QR code/marketed but QR metal flight (e.g. BA/MH/LA code but QR metal)? Thank you in advance
Old Feb 17, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
As far as I am aware it's only on QR flights, as they are the only ones who have have the P Fares.

I believe BA, QA, etc will allow access if flying Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.