FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Morgo
Print Wikipost

Current QR Sale Fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
This is for a flight using: Qatar Airways: 'Fly in Premium Class and earn double Qmiles Book, save and earn bonus Qmiles'

23 Feb 2017 Flight Earn - QR*/QR816/DOH-HKG/23-FEB- 2017 35 4,890
Qatar Airways Travel Festival - Potential Executives 9,780
Tier Bonus: 2934 2,934

Does it not show 4890 earned PLUS 2*4890 extra miles?
Originally Posted by makrom
Sounds like consistency à la QR to me.
Hah! Classic QR indeed
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Will that $1800 promotional J fare I took in February lax-doh-sin ever come around again (or similar fares US-doh-xxx) or that was a once in a million fare and just chalk it up as a one -off?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Will that $1800 promotional J fare I took in February lax-doh-sin ever come around again (or similar fares US-doh-xxx) or that was a once in a million fare and just chalk it up as a one -off?
Sounds like an ordinary good QR sales offer, I think similar offers are well within the realms of possibility. Wouldn't be too surprised if QR would start scaling down their sales a little, but these kind of prices are far from unprecedented.
If you had asked whether we'll see more offers like AMS/BRU-TYO for ~€600, I would have been a bit more sceptical (I guess these offers require someone having fat fingers while entering prices into the system).

Your odds will increase a lot if you keep an open mind about both your departure airport as well as your destination. There are 7 or so other QR destinations within 1000 miles of SIN.

Last edited by makrom; Apr 20, 2017 at 2:13 am
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Assuming that you're not looking for pure speculation, who, in particular, do you assess as having the information necessary to answer your question accurately?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Assuming that you're not looking for pure speculation, who, in particular, do you assess as having the information necessary to answer your question accurately?
I assume they are indeed looking for speculation, otherwise why post to a public forum? Speculation based on the experience of the collective that can be used (speculatively) to try and predict future sales behaviour.

I bagged a Sake fare to HND for later this year, which I have no expectations of ever seeing the likes of again, but have an interest in QR for a JNB trip in September. I've been tracking the pricing (ex-EU, various departure airports) and it has been creeping upwards over the last 6 weeks while other ME carriers are tracking approx. €1000 lower, where QR were priced when I began to track this.

Would a steady period of price inflation on a route, so far out from the travel date, be likely to precede a sale on the same route?

Total novice question, not by any means an expert either on QR or on airline sales behaviour....but interested in everyone's thoughts.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
It's a fair point on the sale pricing. QR's sales are difficult to predict in that you can't say specific departure points are best for specific destinations. You could generally argue (ex-EU at least) that Scandinavian countries do quite well, but then you have things like the Sake fare which blows everything out of the water. In short, there's no real pattern on sales with QR other than general timing IMHO - but no harm in asking for collective experience and views.

Which leads to phoneticduck's point 2 - I haven't seen a pattern of QR putting fares up before a sale on specific routes. It probably has more to do with sale availability in the lowest fare buckets, particularly R.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by obduro
It's a fair point on the sale pricing. QR's sales are difficult to predict in that you can't say specific departure points are best for specific destinations. You could generally argue (ex-EU at least) that Scandinavian countries do quite well, but then you have things like the Sake fare which blows everything out of the water. In short, there's no real pattern on sales with QR other than general timing IMHO - but no harm in asking for collective experience and views.

Which leads to phoneticduck's point 2 - I haven't seen a pattern of QR putting fares up before a sale on specific routes. It probably has more to do with sale availability in the lowest fare buckets, particularly R.
obduro QR do raise prices before a sale for individual routes. One documented example is CPH-HKG in J last year just before the 2-for-1 sale. But it went wrong and no one could purchase the inflated 2-for-1 tickets, just 2 Business Promo seats at nearly half price!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
obduro QR do raise prices before a sale for individual routes. One documented example is CPH-HKG in J last year just before the 2-for-1 sale. But it went wrong and no one could purchase the inflated 2-for-1 tickets, just 2 Business Promo seats at nearly half price!
Well that is interesting to know! Will have to keep an eye on the forum more often to spot the patterns
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obduro
It's a fair point on the sale pricing. QR's sales are difficult to predict in that you can't say specific departure points are best for specific destinations. You could generally argue (ex-EU at least) that Scandinavian countries do quite well, but then you have things like the Sake fare which blows everything out of the water. In short, there's no real pattern on sales with QR other than general timing IMHO - but no harm in asking for collective experience and views
Thank you. Yes my question of course was purely speculative. I might be the perfect person who can snag one of these promotional fares as it's just me and I'm pretty flexible about flying anywhere. I just used SIN as an example of course since that's what I flew but any DOH-XXX city under that awesome fare would do, not to mention the EQD's I earned on AA!

When I tell my family that my highlight of my Singapore trip was the flight itself and the lounge they look at me like I'm nuts. I tell them I would be just as well staying over 1 night and coming back as I enjoyed the flights that much. It may be hard to understand for some but when you spend your life schleppin' in CR2's and old 319's across the US this trip for me was one in a million.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:14 am

Thank you. Yes my question of course was purely speculative. I might be the perfect person who can snag one of these promotional fares as it's just me and I'm pretty flexible about flying anywhere. I just used SIN as an example of course since that's what I flew but any DOH-XXX city under that awesome fare would do, not to mention the EQD's I earned on AA!

When I tell my family that my highlight of my Singapore trip was the flight itself and the lounge they look at me like I'm nuts. I tell them I would be just as well staying over 1 night and coming back as I enjoyed the flights that much. It may be hard to understand for some but when you spend your life schleppin' in CR2's and old 319's across the US this trip for me was one in a million.
enviroian you should keep an eye on the national websites since there are sometimes good bargains to be found there.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

enviroian you should keep an eye on the national websites since there are sometimes good bargains to be found there.
hello remdk yes i did subscribe and got one this week:

http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/of...cid=EMUS325040

I wish they had a more user friendly format like they used to have with a table showing all their promotional fares from where and at what price.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
There is currently an exARN sale:

http://www.qatarairways.com/se/en/offers/campaign.page

DXB from SEK 10249 (1141$)
BKK from SEK 13969 (1559$)
KBV from SEK 12099
CMB from SEK 16979
CPT from SEK 16599
DPS from SEK 15859
HKT from SEK 20289
MEL from SEK 25959
MLE from SEK 17829
SIN from SEK 14279
SYD from SEK 25859
SEZ from SEK 25429

Last edited by florens; Apr 20, 2017 at 10:29 am
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:30 am

hello remdk yes i did subscribe and got one this week:

http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/of...cid=EMUS325040

I wish they had a more user friendly format like they used to have with a table showing all their promotional fares from where and at what price.

enviroian try looking at http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/special-offers.page? although they are all Y prices at the moment.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

enviroian try looking at http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/special-offers.page? although they are all Y prices at the moment.
Thank you yes that's what I was talking about. That's how I found that lax-doh-sin $1800 promotional J fare in January.

I still think about all those warmed nuts I ate LOL
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:11 pm

Smile

I just bought very nice flights ex-HEL in J: Nov 27th HEL-DOH-NRT Dec 18th BKK-DOH-HEL 1475€ https://goo.gl/1OAdSD
And from Tokyo to Bangkok I got award flight with JAL in J (30000 AA miles and 23€ for fuel surcharges)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.