Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I agree, and would be very interested in such an offering... given the price
make sense (nothing over >£200 )
IMHO it is not worth 200 Pounds ! Agreed I do not drink alcohol so probably the expensive
alcohol may cover that much of a cost for someone but other than that it was just a good lounge
that's all, nothing extraordinary ! YMMV...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Cspnvdl
I wonder why, given that they allow paid access to Al Mourjan, they don’t offer paid access to Al Safwa at least for say, paid J. Especially given how few F flights are even available nowadays.... I know I would be potentially interested in that....
Probably because the principal point of these super-lounges is their exclusivity.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyalways
IMHO it is not worth 200 Pounds ! Agreed I do not drink alcohol so probably the expensive
alcohol may cover that much of a cost for someone but other than that it was just a good lounge
that's all, nothing extraordinary ! YMMV...
krug always works for me though
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by arabiamark
It's been a while since we've heard about the mythical, mystical north node lounges. With Mourjan often crowded, one wonders if there's any relief on the way. Did construction on these other places come to a complete standstill or what? With the Qatar embargo going on now would seem to be a good time to get these in place. When and if the embargo finally goes away the existing lounges could really get jammed if they don't get these newer ones ready to go.
From what I have seen on the drawing boards, the lounge proposals look absolutely amazing. I cannot go into detail for obvious reasons but the strategy I am aware of involves five lounges: Oryx, Al Maha, Al Mourjan plus two "other airline" lounges.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
From what I have seen on the drawing boards, the lounge proposals look absolutely amazing. I cannot go into detail for obvious reasons but the strategy I am aware of involves five lounges: Oryx, Al Maha, Al Mourjan plus two "other airline" lounges.
proposals mean nothing if they’re never opening

any news on a proposed date so we can add a year to that?
GalaxyChris and clubeurope like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:05 am

looking forward for those lounges! whenever they open...

(we dearly need them )
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by jckl

proposals mean nothing if they’re never opening

any news on a proposed date so we can add a year to that?
The impetus is on the FIFA World Cup
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:29 am

Who actually came up with the "Oryx" and "Al Maha" labels, the latter meaning the former in Arabic?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by clubeurope
krug always works for me though
Good luck finding that in Al Safwa!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Good luck finding that in Al Safwa!
oh dear, i completely forgot about the 'enhancements' in recent years
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
The actual Al Mourjan might be crowded at peak times but the frequent flyer “Business” and “First” lounges are even more. I thought they planned to open a second “Business” and “First” frequent flyer lounges in north nod...
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Drawing board? Proposals? Really? We were hearing about these lounges 4 YEARS ago. And we're still talking drawing board and proposals? And the existing lounges are packed, even without the traffic to and from Saudi and the UAE. I thought I remembered seeing posts a couple of years ago that construction in these north node lounges was moving well along. But even now after all these years we're just at the talk and blueprint stage? And as we all know even after it's 99% done it takes the usual extra year for the usual 'finishing touches' holdups. Ay yai yai....
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by arabiamark
Drawing board? Proposals? Really? We were hearing about these lounges 4 YEARS ago. And we're still talking drawing board and proposals? And the existing lounges are packed, even without the traffic to and from Saudi and the UAE. I thought I remembered seeing posts a couple of years ago that construction in these north node lounges was moving well along. But even now after all these years we're just at the talk and blueprint stage? And as we all know even after it's 99% done it takes the usual extra year for the usual 'finishing touches' holdups. Ay yai yai....
mark my word, it will be open in 2023, a year after world cup, if world cup is when they aim for it to open
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Odd. Maha is a girls name - but it's also a transliteration of المها used for an antelope/oryx, so maybe we have an overlap of lounges here ....
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Hi, a friend of mine is wondering if he would be granted access to HIA Business Class Lounge (not Al Mourjan as this we know he won't):
He is QRPC Gold (OW-Saph), traveling in Y on flight marketed and operated by QR, transiting in Doha, but he is now switching from QRPC to BAEC so he will be crediting his flights to BAEC, so on the Boarding Pass there will be his BA Blue number (no OW status). Will he be granted entrance to any of the lounges in HIA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.