Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Schwann
I have to say, very disappointed with the HIA FCL at DOH this morning. At least the HIA BCL was bigger, and arguably there were actually better food choices.

Are these lounges actually anything to do with QR? I know the staff on the desks etc are QR staff but both lounges were very half ar*ed affair, especially the FCL.
Nope, the HIA FCL and BCL are nothing to do with QR, despite the staff dress-code.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Nope, the HIA FCL and BCL are nothing to do with QR, despite the staff dress-code.
Not correct. Lounges are manned with staff recruited by QR.
http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyID=108343
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Not correct. Lounges are manned with staff recruited by QR.
http://careers.qatarairways.com/qata...cancyID=108343
It's not well written, but that reads to me as if it's for the Al Safwa and Al Mourjan Lounges, not the First Class and Business Class Lounges.

Your main responsibility includes the food and beverage services of all premium passengers in all parts of the Hamad International Airport Lounges.
The FCL and BCL are for FF elites, not premium passengers.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I thought they were indeed QR lounges for status passengers in Y.

Especially as they were originally to be called the Gold and Silver lounges prior to QR joining oneworld (and subsequently renamed to ensure QR is technically compliant with oneworld lounge access rules).

The Oryx lounge may well be third party - but I'm not totally sure.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
It's not well written, but that reads to me as if it's for the Al Safwa and Al Mourjan Lounges, not the First Class and Business Class Lounges.

The FCL and BCL are for FF elites, not premium passengers.
I fail to see how this can be not well written: "...in all parts of the Hamad International Airport Lounges".
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
I fail to see how this can be not well written: "...in all parts of the Hamad International Airport Lounges".
It is not well written because it leaves itself open to multiple interpretations, as we have shown by your interpretation being different to mine.

If could have said "...in all parts of Qatar Airways' Hamad International Airport Lounges"

which is what I think it meant (and I still could be wrong). The reference to premium passengers is what makes me think that.

As it stands without the qualifier, it could mean the FCL and BCL (as you have thought).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
Access for OW J Pax

Hello! Can anyone confirm whether oneworld business/first class passengers (i.e. on BA/RJ/UL) still have access to the Al Mourjan/Al Safwa lounges? Or all J/F pax on these airlines sent to the Oryx Lounge instead?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:42 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by baflyer2
Hello! Can anyone confirm whether oneworld business/first class passengers (i.e. on BA/RJ/UL) still have access to the Al Mourjan/Al Safwa lounges? Or all J/F pax on these airlines sent to the Oryx Lounge instead?
BA passengers in F are not permitted to use the Al Safwa (that was reported a month or so ago by an FTer).

In terms of the Al Mourjan, I'm not sure.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by baflyer2
Per the wiki (right at the top of this page, first paragraph ), no. Al M/Al S are for QR J/F pax only. YMMV
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by scnzzz
Per the wiki (right at the top of this page, first paragraph ), no. Al M/Al S are for QR J/F pax only. YMMV
...and the drop-off from Al Mourjan to the OW lounges is quite steep, unfortunately.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Sitting right now in the First Class lounge for platin/emerald (not Al Sawfa)
Some parts are under maintenance but lounge is still open.
Jacquart Champagner available on request but food very limited. Not better then in the business class lounge on thebut very quie at 10 pm
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
Hi folks, i will arrive into DOH at 22:20 and have a connecting flight on QR in F the next day at 16:30. Would i be able to access the Al Safwa lounge on arrival and use one of the nap rooms for the overnight stay? I ask because technically i only depart in F the next calendar day. Ive read cases that people arrived late night with an next day early AM departure being able to overnight in Al Safwa, but in my case i have an afternoon next day departure, does that make a difference?Any insights would be much appreciated.

(I guess worst case scenario would be to wait until 00:01 to enter the lounge 'same day')
Old Apr 28, 2016, 12:30 pm

ldnhlj if you have a QR F boarding pass for next flight then you may enter Al Safwa whenever you wish before the flight. If you have an F boardig pass then you will be admitted. There are no time limitations.

If you look at the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26514555 thread you can confirm my statement.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Hey all,

I have a cnx from 15:15 to 9:30 (both inbound and outbound in F).

I currently have the Hyatt booked for ~400 QAR. I'm Diamond there.

I could stay at the airport and do transit tour. Hit the highlights.

But my question is could I overnight in Al Safwa. Are the day rooms usually available? or is it hit and miss? because if some people have experienced not having these, I'm staying at the hotel.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2016, 1:44 pm

jlisi984 the sleeping rooms are on a first come first served basis. You should be able to obtain a room in Al Safwa soon after you arrive. Wait a couple of hours and you may find yourself on a waiting list! Demand drops again upon departure of the 24.00-03.00 flights.
As indicated demand for those rooms varies from day to day and from hour to hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.