Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:16 am

Thanks remdk for the quick reply!

That is a shame! The website is very misleading as it states any flight marketed by or operated by QR but OK now I know not to be too disappointed/frustrated when they finally get back to me! Let's hope for the best anyway!

Cheers

Burzin
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remdk
For a flight to be credited as a QR sector it needs to be a QR flight with a QR flight number on the ticket. With a BA flight number it is not a QR flight even though QR supply the aircraft you fly..
Not exactly. I assume by "a QR flight" (in "...it needs to be a QR flight...") you mean QR metal, yes?

Originally Posted by Burzin Jim Rustumji
The website is very misleading as it states any flight marketed by or operated by QR ....
If the website says "any flight marketed by or operated by QR" that means any flight with a QR flight number regardless of who operates it. So (again, assuming the language that you cited) a BA flight which also has a QR codeshare flight number would count as a QR flight if your ticket reflects the QR flight number for the flight.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:50 pm

My understanding of "any flight marketed or operated by Qatar Airways" is a flight purchased via Qatar Airways booking channel, regardless of the airline that actually flies on that day. If the flight was purchased from BA, it will not count as a QR sector even if the flight was on a Qatar Airways aircraft. The key is the flight number on the ticket; if it's QR coded then it counts. I am now confused as well, but is my understanding correct?
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:27 am

Thanks for all the help guys,

In the end I chose a different itinerary which will definitely give me the sectors I need to retain Gold.

I was thinking of chancing the BA itinerary as the price was weirdly amazing (never seen BA so reasonable)! But with this club you never know. I swear you get different conflicting policies every time you ask them.

QR is a great club for status, but you have to mother them so many times, I think I've called them about 10-12 times in the past 6 months! All for things that should be done automatically.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Professional Bum
My understanding of "any flight marketed or operated by Qatar Airways" is a flight purchased via Qatar Airways booking channel, regardless of the airline that actually flies on that day. If the flight was purchased from BA, it will not count as a QR sector even if the flight was on a Qatar Airways aircraft. The key is the flight number on the ticket; if it's QR coded then it counts. I am now confused as well, but is my understanding correct?
I would say no.

A flight "marketed" by QR has a QR flight number by definition.

A flight "operated" by QR means that you fly on QR metal (i.e., QR operates the flight) regardless of whose flight number is on the ticket. I don't see any other way to interpret "operate" a flight from the plain meaning of the language if nothing else; but I'm always open to learning something new.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Burzin Jim Rustumji welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.
For a flight to be credited as a QR sector it needs to be a QR flight with a QR flight number on the ticket. With a BA flight number it is not a QR flight even though QR supply the aircraft you fly..
I recently bought two return-tickets via the BA-site, all four sectors operated by Qatar, and got tickets with BA flight-numbers. Qatar then, after a couple of days, issued new tickets with QR flight-numbers only, but (quite correctly) the lower BA hold-luggage allowance. Both tickets/PNRs remain 'Confirmed' on the QR website, according to 'My Trips', and the ticket-number continues to show that it was marketed by BA.

Since I used my PC-ff-number when booking, I'm assuming they'll be credited to my PC-account, but that I won't get my extra 10kgs Silver hold-luggage allowance, on top of the 1-bag/23kgs BA allowance. Even though they're all-four flights operated by QR and, if I present the second ticket at check-in, QR (not BA) flight-codes ?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Since I used my PC-ff-number when booking, I'm assuming they'll be credited to my PC-account, ....
Yes. I've noticed something interesting about QR and possibly throughout OW carriers. When I book a flight on other OW carriers and enter my QRPC number in the rezzie, the info is sent to QR. Obviously necessary for the other carriers to query QRPC to find out whether I'm OW Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald or nothing, of course. But then QR attaches that rezzie to your QRPC number for other purposes, too. So, for example, when I have (as I often do) BKK-CMB on UL purchased from UL website but crediting it to QRPC, then I connect to a QR ticket, say, CMB-DOH-BOS also credited to QRPC, both rezzies are available in the QR system. That can be helpful when trying to through-check bags. No idea if other carriers match things up like that.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Yes. I've noticed something interesting about QR and possibly throughout OW carriers. When I book a flight on other OW carriers and enter my QRPC number in the rezzie, the info is sent to QR. Obviously necessary for the other carriers to query QRPC to find out whether I'm OW Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald or nothing, of course. But then QR attaches that rezzie to your QRPC number for other purposes, too. So, for example, when I have (as I often do) BKK-CMB on UL purchased from UL website but crediting it to QRPC, then I connect to a QR ticket, say, CMB-DOH-BOS also credited to QRPC, both rezzies are available in the QR system. That can be helpful when trying to through-check bags. No idea if other carriers match things up like that.
I have been seeing similar with QF - all OW bookings available on their app (and them even checking through luggage on seperate tickets when they normally say they won't).
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
I have been seeing similar with QF - all OW bookings available on their app (and them even checking through luggage on seperate tickets when they normally say they won't).
I have several flights on Cathay Pacific and Iberia. I can view all of those bookings under my QRPC account. Tickets booked via Iberia Express website won't show though.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:30 pm

Business Class Baggage Allowance (Checked)

Hi Everyone

I know I have 40kg checked baggage allowance, but is that in one case or over 2 cases???

Cheers Gary
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:33 pm

essexgary if you look at thw Wiki Checked Baggage Allowance, which is also a link from the QR dashboard widget About Baggage (Luggage) you will see under "
What may I check-in as baggage?" " For the weight concept you may check-in any number of items subject to weight and dimension limitations.".
There is also a safety rule that no single piece of luggage may exceed 32 kg.If you exceed 32 kg then you will be asked to reduce the weight of the piece by splitting it into two pieces.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:17 am

essexgary if you look at thw Wiki Checked Baggage Allowance, which is also a link from the QR dashboard widget About Baggage (Luggage) you will see under "
What may I check-in as baggage?" " For the weight concept you may check-in any number of items subject to weight and dimension limitations.".
There is also a safety rule that no single piece of luggage may exceed 32 kg.If you exceed 32 kg then you will be asked to reduce the weight of the piece by splitting it into two pieces.

Thank you very much for the pointer and info. will go off and find the wiki right now.

Cheers Gary
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:44 pm

Can someone help with how to credit R class fare?

I have signed up for the 2X promo, does this mean I will earn double the points which can be credited to BAEC or AA?

I signed up for family account for Qatar PC but now realize I shouldn't have, the status is pending, how do I still get credit for wife and son flying with me.

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:39 am

dilvala the QR 2X promo is only valid for QR PC and nothing else. It is a QR promotion and has nothing to do with AA or BA.
The way to get credit for your wife and son on QR is to finish signing them up and then put their PC membership numbers in the FF number field of the personal details page of Manage My Booking. Later just give their numbers whenever they fly on a OW carrier. They do not need to fly with you to earn points. just fly.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Is it possible to travel on QR USA to Europe via DOH using Qmiles? When I pick IAH as the departure city, no European city can be entered. When I try to BUY a ticket, Istanbul is a possibilty. When calling, PC can't do it either, but thinks it should be possible. What are the experiences here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.