Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 11:15 pm

frandrake the only arrivals lounges for QR are to be found at DOH. Arrivals lounges are not part of the Oneworld alliance and most airlines reserve them exclusively for their own passengers.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
frandrake the only arrivals lounges for QR are to be found at DOH. Arrivals lounges are not part of the Oneworld alliance and most airlines reserve them exclusively for their own passengers.
Well, actually you can sometimes access OW lounges on arrival if Emerald, even if you are not travelling on a premium cabin, that's why I was wondering.

I expected no arrival lounge though, as T4 is mostly SkyTeam and Qatar does not have its own lounge. I was hoping for a ad hoc agreement with LHR or something but apparently I'll have to do a quick stop home for a shower!

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:36 am

frandrake I am not sure if you mean arrivals lounges or just lounges at T4. QR has a Premium Lounge in the departure areas of T4. Mt impression is that arriving and departing passengers are segregated so access to the QR lounge is not possible.
As far as I know QR have no agreement allowing access to arrivals lounges. I have been told, but never seen, there are paid arrivals lounges available.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
yes QR only has departure lounge at T4 and the only other OW lounge I am aware of at T4 is Malaysian Airlines, but that is again only a departure lounge.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remdk
Mt impression is that arriving and departing passengers are segregated
Yes, I believe that that is the case at all LHR terminals.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hello,

First of all apologies that I've not been able to answer the question by searching. I have tried!

I am about to book a sale fare routing SOF-DOH-SIN-DOH-SOF for February, and I can see from the cargo website that the aircraft that operates this route is an A320H, which from looking at the wiki has the short haul configuration with reclining seats in business.

When looking at the booking page on the Qatar website, for both QR226 (SOF-DOH) and QR225 (DOH-SOF), it states under flight and cabin features that the seat is '180 degree lie-flat' albeit followed by 'available on select aircraft'.

Is there any chance that I will actually get a fully flat seat, or will it definitely be the short haul recliner?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:22 pm

JMS87 welcome to the QR forum.

According to http://www.theqatarsource.com/qatara...tetracker.html during the last month all direct flights SOF-DOH have had reclining seats. Flights via Bucharest (SOF-OTP-DOH) have mostly had lie-flat seats.
QRcargo.com is only accurate for 6-7 weeks from today so things could change!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:21 am
JKG

Programs: Privilege Club, Miles&Bonus
Originally Posted by klausa
Hey there!

I'm gonna have an 9h layover in DOH, I got a booking for the Intercontinental via Qatar+.

I wanted to clear transit security first, drop our larger carry-ons into the luggage lockers at Al Mourjan, then go landside with just our backbacks.

I've read somewhere that going from airside->landside is possible, but requires going "backwards" thru some security checkpoint. Would anyone mind explaining where exactly we'd need to go in order to do that?
In case this is your first time in Doha, one thing to note (if its not, you can stop reading here) is that there are actually 2 hotels named "Intercontinental". There's the "Intercontinental - The city" which is in the business center of Doha and there's the "Intercontinental which is a little further to the north towards the Pearl.

Also, thanks to plunet & remdk for their responses to my q regarding runs from Doha.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Just booked BKK-DOH (19:30-2305) connecting DOH-BRU (09:05-1400). The connection time is 10:00. I’ve read in various places about the airport hotel, but not sure whether it’s complimentary or not? My ticket is in business R class.

Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by highexpectations
Just booked BKK-DOH (19:30-2305) connecting DOH-BRU (09:05-1400). The connection time is 10:00. I’ve read in various places about the airport hotel, but not sure whether it’s complimentary or not? My ticket is in business R class.

Thanks for any help.
There is a later departure from BKK with a much shorter connection to your BRU flight so unfortunately you will not get a free hotel from QR. You may of course pay for the airport hotel yourself, although others off airport are cheaper
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:28 pm

highexpectations welcome to the QR forum.
The airport hotel is not complimentary, in fact many regard it as rather expensive. The complimentary hotel could be one of two different schemes:

1) STPC where QR will accommodate you at a hotel, provide transport, meals as appropriate and a visa if required.They will do this only if you have the shortest connection and it is over 8 hours. Because there is a shorter connection (QR195) you do not qualify for STPC. See the Wiki on the QR dashboard widget The QR STPC (stopover) policy? for details.

2) The +Qatar free Doha stopover package where you can book one night at a hotel free of charge. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...er-2017-a.html and https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/o...lus-qatar.html for details. Here the minimum time is 12 hours scheduled transit to qualify. So again you do not qualify.

Since you are travelling in the J cabin you will have access to the Al Mourjan lounge. Here there are resting rooms available on a first come first served basis.

If you want to use the airport hotel remember that it is expensive and is usually very full. So reservations are required.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thank you for the welcome.

Since you are travelling in the J cabin you will have access to the Al Mourjan lounge. Here there are resting rooms available on a first come first served basis.

If you want to use the airport hotel remember that it is expensive and is usually very full. So reservations are required.

With regards to the lounge mentioned above is it open 24 hours then? Is this the lounge that I’m entitled to as a oneworld emerald member or is there a separate lounge with other resting rooms?

Yes I cost up the hotel and not really worth it for nine hours or so. If the lounge is open all night I might just slum it in the lounge.

Thanks for the info.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by highexpectations
With regards to the lounge mentioned above is it open 24 hours then? Is this the lounge that I’m entitled to as a oneworld emerald member or is there a separate lounge with other resting rooms?
You are entitled to access the Al Mourjan lounge because you travel in J class. And it's open 24/7. There is a seperate much inferior lounge for OWE members.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:10 pm

highexpectations Al Mourjan is the Premium Business class lounge for QR and OW First and Business class passengers only. As an OWE you are entitled to use the First class lounge but it is of a much poorer standard then Al Mourjan and I do not think that it has resting rooms. See the Wiki on QR Lounges at HIA for more details. For further details and hints about Al Mourjan look at QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge.
All lounges are open 24 hours a day.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by JKG
In case this is your first time in Doha, one thing to note (if its not, you can stop reading here) is that there are actually 2 hotels named "Intercontinental". There's the "Intercontinental - The city" which is in the business center of Doha and there's the "Intercontinental which is a little further to the north towards the Pearl.

Also, thanks to plunet & remdk for their responses to my q regarding runs from Doha.
It was my second time on this trip and on the outbound we stayed at St. Regis, so I was aware that there were more than 1 Intercontinental in the city

Thanks for the heads up though!
JKG likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.