Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ben63266
Is there any QR flight not from/to DOH? A few years ago they had BUD-ZAG etc...
Err, there are the GRU-EZE and SGN-PNH tags. Also seasonally RGN-CNX (in a triangle routing I think - not sure if that’s planned again for 2019).

Don’t think there are any in Europe left...

Have I missed any?

Last edited by purple1addict; Jan 7, 2019 at 9:10 pm Reason: correction
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:59 am

Logged into my booking management this morning to be told that my itinerary has changed. It looked to be a minor change, no change of flight number, lost 30 mins on layover in DOH, no big deal. But the blurb about accepting/requesting a refund said that I would lose any extras associated with my booking (seats, meals, etc). I had no meals pre-selected, but did pre-select my seats. After accepting, it looks like I have the exact same seats as I booked, so can I assume everything is as was - there's no danger that my seats selection has been removed, but still showing as selected on the website?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by psychokilla
Logged into my booking management this morning to be told that my itinerary has changed. It looked to be a minor change, no change of flight number, lost 30 mins on layover in DOH, no big deal. But the blurb about accepting/requesting a refund said that I would lose any extras associated with my booking (seats, meals, etc). I had no meals pre-selected, but did pre-select my seats. After accepting, it looks like I have the exact same seats as I booked, so can I assume everything is as was - there's no danger that my seats selection has been removed, but still showing as selected on the website?
Should be fine if they've got the green tick next to them
psychokilla likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by jeroen100
Itching to pull the trigger on a NOK 13.268 / € 1.360 OSL-SIN / BKK-ARN fare. Drawback is no double points because of September flying dates. .
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Flying that + 4 flights on BA/IB metal will also give you Oneworld Sapphire.
I’m still a newbie and would love some guidance on how to go about this. Have made one trip last September with QR and currently have 18k qmiles and 120 qpoints.
How do I get to oneworld sapphire when I fly above itinerary? Credit to privilege club and fly 4 BA Metal flights and also credit them to PC or open a BA exucutive account and credit the trip and 4 flights to that?
many thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jeroen100

I’m still a newbie and would love some guidance on how to go about this. Have made one trip last September with QR and currently have 18k qmiles and 120 qpoints.
How do I get to oneworld sapphire when I fly above itinerary? Credit to privilege club and fly 4 BA Metal flights and also credit them to PC or open a BA exucutive account and credit the trip and 4 flights to that?
many thanks!
The latter, open a BA account credit this itinerary plus an additional BA marketed flight to the same account, then you will be BA Silver. Oneworld Sapphire
jeroen100 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Err, there are the GRU-EZE and SGN-PNH tags. Also seasonally RGN-CNX (in a triangle routing I think - not sure if that’s planned again for 2019).

Sadly they've dropped the DOH-RGN-CNX-DOH for summer-2019, I spotted that when my 'confirmed' flight suddenly became 'unconfirmed', so had to ring the BKK-office about re-routing via BKK. An email from QR would have been nice.

Pity but I have anyway got a better price on a second revenue-ticket out of CNX, using Cathay instead of Qatar, and China Southern will also increase our access to OneWorld, if they do switch across as recently rumoured.

But there were no passenger-rights for RGN-CNX anyway.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club
New to FT, please excuse my lack of jargon.

OSL - LHR - JNB return flight with BA coming up, added my QR Privilege Club number to progress to the next PC tier, but my BA booking says Contact your Frequent Flyer program.
Do I (really) need to contact QR? What more do they need?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by foooogle
New to FT, please excuse my lack of jargon.

OSL - LHR - JNB return flight with BA coming up, added my QR Privilege Club number to progress to the next PC tier, but my BA booking says Contact your Frequent Flyer program.
Do I (really) need to contact QR? What more do they need?
If I am understanding you correctly, the 'Contact your Frequent Flyer program' in BA's manage my booking is under the section 'Rewards for this booking', so I presume its just telling you'll need to find out how many Qmiles & Points you'll earn with this flight via Qatar. If you add a BAEC number to the booking, the 'Contact your Frequent Flyer program' is replaced with the number of Avios & TP you'll earn.

Nonetheless, in a previous flight, I have entered my QRPC number to a BA booking and saw the same message, but the miles were still credited with no problem.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:54 pm

guys something strange is happening with award tickets during 4, 5 and 6 of april!
I cant find ANY ticket Departing from DOH! No city at all! I was first looking to MLE (my destination) but then tried others destinations just to check if it was really an error and... bingo! I have tried to MCT, CDG, IST, FRA and many other cities and there is NO AVAILABILITY AT ALL. Only on these 3 days. If I change dates I can find it for the whole month.

Does somebody know about any blackout date on these days or something like that?

Ps: I tried with AAdvantage and executiveclub.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_mc
guys something strange is happening with award tickets during 4, 5 and 6 of april!
I cant find ANY ticket Departing from DOH! No city at all! I was first looking to MLE (my destination) but then tried others destinations just to check if it was really an error and... bingo! I have tried to MCT, CDG, IST, FRA and many other cities and there is NO AVAILABILITY AT ALL. Only on these 3 days. If I change dates I can find it for the whole month.

Does somebody know about any blackout date on these days or something like that?

Ps: I tried with AAdvantage and executiveclub.
I agree. Need to travel on one of these dates and noticed the same. Complete blackout.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Sorry for the silly question, but I've been having a hard time finding this info from official sources: can one transit DOH with pork products in one's possession if not actually passing through customs? Normally I would just assume that without a border crossing, no sweat (especially since DOH has alcohol sales airside), but I've noticed when it comes to overnight transfers there is some accommodation made for alcoholic beverages that does not exist for pork. I ask because I have a 4-hour connection coming back from Spain (not passing through immigration), and would not want to be hauling jamon iberico if the Qatari authorities will have beef (heh). Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:36 am

Online check in question.

I'm an economy passenger who loves that it's possible to request seats on booking with no extra charge, with QA. However, as it looks as though my flight will be less than half full, I'm interested in changing seats at online check in, to aim to get a row to myself, or at least no middle seat neighbour.
At what point are passengers who are checking in at the airport, allocated seats? If I check in online, say, 18 hours before my flight, are all passengers likely to have been allocated seats, so I can judge my best chance (I know there are no guarantees!) of getting some extra space?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:37 pm

sarah55 you can choose to change your seat when you use OLCI, and both before OLCI opens and afterwards until airport check-in closes.
However QR do not allocate seats to passengers who do not choose seats themselves. They just keep a tally of seats sold. So all 'unchosen' seats should show as available at OLCI.
If your flight appears to be about half full now ten I think you can be fairly certain that the flight will be much more crowded.
I would reccommend keeping your current seat and ask the cabin crew on boarding .
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:32 pm

Duplicate post oops

Last edited by Stuser; Jan 13, 2019 at 6:34 pm Reason: Duplicate post!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:07 am

I am arriving back to Doha from Cairo on Egyptair at 620pm.

My flight from Doha-New York departs at 810pm.

Will I have enough time to catch my QR flight once I land at DOH or should I try to take the 11pm QR flight instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.