Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
DUSTraveller Apart from two which will have left the fleet by then, A330-200 have either the Diamond or the MiniPod (similar to 777) seats in J. Which aircraft have which seat can be seen in the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ays-fleet.html.

With regard to row 1 then yes there is some extra legroom. Row 1 are Bassinet seats and as such are blocked for that purpose. They will be released when QR is certain that bassinets are not required, usually just before or at the start of OLCI (OnLine Check-In). But sometimes they are first available when check-in at the airport starts. When released prior to the start of airport check-in they will often be available to QR and OW status passengers first.

Just to clarify:- the front row of each cabin is usually blocked because of bassinet seats since they are usually bulkhead rows. One exception is the First Class cabin on the A380 where there are no bassinet seats.
Thank you, remdk, for your quick answer! Much appreciated!
Old May 15, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Matt4
As you will be AA EXP and will fly QR only once, you'd better stick to AA Advantage : you won't get more miles with QR PC (except the 2000 miles bonus for the first booking and 500 miles bonus for onward bookings made directly on QR website if that's your case) unless you can benefit any miles offer on QR. O class will give you only 25% flown miles on both AA Advantage and QR PC and you won't be able to do anything with so few miles on a QR PC account.
Matt, thanks for your reply. I did book via the Qatar web site but as you say it is probably best sticking with AA if the points are almost the same.
Cheers
Old May 16, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Hi,

I just created a Qmiles account with hope to check availability and book award space for 2 people. I wanted to transfer miles over from Citi ThankYou points, but apparently I can't search for a flight without the miles in my account first.
Can anyone please check or guide me on how else I can check:
May 24/25, 2016 DEL-DFW in business
2 seats.

Thanks in advance
Old May 16, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by itsG
Hi,

I just created a Qmiles account with hope to check availability and book award space for 2 people. I wanted to transfer miles over from Citi ThankYou points, but apparently I can't search for a flight without the miles in my account first.
Can anyone please check or guide me on how else I can check:
May 24/25, 2016 DEL-DFW in business
2 seats.

Thanks in advance
Create a BAEC account and search on BA.com. BA returns QR availability AFAIK.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:38 am

itsG If you start a dummy booking on the QR website then on the second screen you can input to, there is a slider button to the far right 'Book using Qmiles'. Use this and you can see availability and cost in Qmiles for the journey. You need to log in to your PC account to do so.
Old May 17, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Kreative03
The only personal information it will allow me to provide via MMB is frequent flyer information, contact information, and emergency contact information. Where do i go to give them the rest?
I found this question by using Search but can't find a response.

I'm used to supplying such information online. Can I do that with QR online for our OSL-DOH-CPT ticket bought direct with QR?

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2016, 4:28 am

Roger it appears that the only way to input this information is via your PC profile!!
https://qmiles.qatarairways.com/ffpo.../MyProfile.jsf
No longer can this information be input via Manage booking or API.
I would imagine that API information can be input if your final destination is a country that requires API! But this is QR!
Old May 17, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your quick response, remdk.

I'm not a member of Qmiles and hadn't planned to be, preferring BA for miles and points. However, if that's the only way, I'd better think again, assuming that I'd still get BA credit.
Old May 17, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I think you can also input these details at OLCI (I normally have to change my passport details there as my old one is in my PC profile).
Old May 18, 2016, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, purple1addict.

I guess if all else fails, the airport check-in desk will do the job.
Old May 19, 2016, 5:22 pm

will the LAX->DOH route ever get serviced by an A350, A380 or 787? Seems like LA is a premier market to route any of these planes to, booked in J on a 777 in December and am desperately hoping for an equipment change by then
Old May 20, 2016, 8:42 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by ilovemynikes
will the LAX->DOH route ever get serviced by an A350, A380 or 787? Seems like LA is a premier market to route any of these planes to, booked in J on a 777 in December and am desperately hoping for an equipment change by then
Probably not.

Comparing configurations, the 777 generally has 293-388 Y seats, while the 787 has 232 and the A350 has 247. Based on these numbers alone, putting aside cargo loads (iinm the 777 carries more of those versus the 787/A350, I might be wrong), if QR saw lower loads they'd have assigned 787s/A350s in the beginning. The possibility of an A380 servicing the LAX-DOH route... maybe, but don't bet on it, their hands are full right now serving CDG/BKK/LHR, and the new planes will presumably be used to serve CAN (Guangzhou) and SYD (Sydney).

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...tions-in-16q3/
Old May 20, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Didn't realize CAN had that much paid F demand.

Anyway, if QR was going to put a 380 on a US route, I'd bet on upgauging the JFK 77W before LAX.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by zsc
Probably not.

Comparing configurations, the 777 generally has 293-388 Y seats, while the 787 has 232 and the A350 has 247. Based on these numbers alone, putting aside cargo loads (iinm the 777 carries more of those versus the 787/A350, I might be wrong), if QR saw lower loads they'd have assigned 787s/A350s in the beginning. The possibility of an A380 servicing the LAX-DOH route... maybe, but don't bet on it, their hands are full right now serving CDG/BKK/LHR, and the new planes will presumably be used to serve CAN (Guangzhou) and SYD (Sydney).

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...tions-in-16q3/
It's just curious from a demographic market perspective. The number of arabs/qataris that fly in and out of LA on a frequent basis is staggering. Thousands have summer homes here, hell even fly in for a week just to shop in Beverly Hills. It would just make sense to me that given LA is not just a second home to many, but also a wildly popular vacation destination that they would fly a better plane to/from, just from a customer experience perspective. But this very fact supports you claim about lighter loads.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:24 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The 777 is used over the 787 and A380, due to the cargo benefits.

The 777 can swallow far more cargo than the other airframes.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.