Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:33 pm

Deltahater there is a way, but it is not very economic with Qmiles. Book two reward flights on separate reservations. One IAH-DOH and then one DOH-Europe.. It costs more Qmiles because you do not get the married segments reduction.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by remdk
Deltahater there is a way, but it is not very economic with Qmiles. Book two reward flights on separate reservations. One IAH-DOH and then one DOH-Europe.. It costs more Qmiles because you do not get the married segments reduction.
I was afraid of that. For now, the PC desk forced a standby reservation for me and pushed it to HQ for clearance. Seems like a very odd process.

What is the value of a Qmile?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:37 am

Duty Free Question

Hi Everyone

We are flying to Singapore via Doha and have a 2 hour layover (return flights layover is 50mins... eek). We want to buy duty free at Heathrow (Gin). will I be able to get this on the 2nd leg of the flight from Doha to Singapore???? or do I need to buy it at Doha Airport or on the flight (do they sell Gin Duty Free on the flights?)

Cheers in Advance
Gary
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I would buy it at Doha airport. Alternatively do a price comparison of duty free prices at Singapore duty free prices and Doha prices. Remember the gin will have to be sealed at Singapore for transfer through Doha
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:55 am

How many Q points are needed for an upgrade from economy to Business flying from Cardiff wales to Muscat. Thanss
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I would buy it at Doha airport. Alternatively do a price comparison of duty free prices at Singapore duty free prices and Doha prices. Remember the gin will have to be sealed at Singapore for transfer through Doha
Hi Thanks for the reply. But will be travelling from LONDON to DOHA to SINGAPORE. Do Qatar sell Duty Free Alcohol on board the planes?? If so is there a price list?? Have looked at the duty free book but it does not mention alcohol at all in it..... Mind you...Nor does the Duty Free Shop in Doha......

Think given the choice, will probably try to get at Doha Airport.....

Cheers Gary
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:31 am

I do not recall them selling gin on board. You can definitely buy it at the airport. Obviously it will be even cheaper if you buy it at heathrow. You can either take it with you or arrange to collect it on your return.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:57 am

How many Q points are needed for an upgrade from economy to Business flying from Cardiff wales to Muscat. Thanss
celtic_warrior I could not find the exact valus from CBR but from BHX it is 64-75000 Qmiles return. depending on ticketing class. I would not expect CBR to be much different, if at all!
Note that it is Qmiles that are used for reward flights/upgrades, Qpoints are only used for determination of status..
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:38 am

Thanks remdk
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
celtic_warrior I could not find the exact valus from CBR but from BHX it is 64-75000 Qmiles return. depending on ticketing class. I would not expect CBR to be much different, if at all!
Note that it is Qmiles that are used for reward flights/upgrades, Qpoints are only used for determination of status..
celtic_warrior, you probably meant to say QCredits when you mentioned QPoints, as QPoints are used only for elite status determination, as remdk said. QCredits can be redeemed for upgrades, depending on how many you have. For more information about QCredits, check here: QCredits. You can figure out how many QCredits you need for an upgrade by using the QCalculator. It's fairly easy and self-explanatory.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Jan 17, 2018 at 3:57 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:14 am

I did indeed mean q credits. I am recently gold so have 40. however I have a few forthcoming business class flights.

Thanks your response.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:12 pm

Hardly surprising since CBR is Canberra not Cardiff. It should have been CWL! Sorry!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting experience today. Was trying to look at SFO-***-DOH-BOM options (revenue)...absolutely nothing on QR's website, on any date. Is it safe to assume that since AA and QR have killed their codeshare agreement that QR will only sell flights to/from its gateways?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by scnzzz
Interesting experience today. Was trying to look at SFO-***-DOH-BOM options (revenue)...absolutely nothing on QR's website, on any date. Is it safe to assume that since AA and QR have killed their codeshare agreement that QR will only sell flights to/from its gateways?
Well, I priced out CMB-GSO just a few days ago. Came out, not surprisingly, as CMB-DOH-PHL-GSO.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, I priced out CMB-GSO just a few days ago. Came out, not surprisingly, as CMB-DOH-PHL-GSO.
Interesting. Maybe only select markets remain as options. Can I ask if the PHL-GSO was listed as a QR flight number or an AA number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.