Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by RonMcG
Thanks.
I have heard conflicting stories about the on-line check-in failing if the Advanced Passenger Information on file doesn't agree with the details presented.
API data being supplied in advance (pre-checkin) is not mandatory and it can all be changed at check-in. The only thing that needs to vaguely match from the booking is the passenger name to that in the passport or travel document - I say vagely as there are frequent reasons why they won't exactly match and check-in agents are trained to permit insignificant differences.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: KrisFyer,AsiaMiles,QMiles
Yesterday, QR offered economy to business upgrade for $200/person for a 4 hour non-Qsuite flight which I did not take. Now, after checking in on line 24 hours before the flight, the offer is $250/person. I am ruing if the family of four missed the chance to fly business even if it is a short flight. I'll try again at the gate and see if I get better offer.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:15 pm

I am looking to fly to Qatar with 4 people. Qatar is offering a 10% voucher for all flights if you cancel. So does it make sense to just book and rebook at get 10% advantage that I can use to pay for the extra baggage ?

2nd) I looked at buying points and then paying for the ticket but that's coming out to be 4X the cost. How on earth will some one will buy the points unless he is just a bit away from next status
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: PC(QR), IB, CX Marco Polo, SAA Voyager
Read today in the Business Insider South Africa that despite the fact that the Qatar Ministry of Public Health has put South Africa, Mozambique and Zambia on their green list, Qatar Airways still insists on a face-shield being worn on top of a face mask during boarding. This applies to these three countries. Has anyone come across the same from other countries?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:07 am

Hello.

I tried to book a flight to Bali and the system tells me upfront I could get off 1800 dollar for a flight Business to Bali and Eocnomy back for 2 Persons. But at the end if I choice cash+Miles he gives me just 570 of for 67k miles. And even if I change the category economy and Eocnomy tells me 960 off but still 570 off. Buisness Buisness tells me 2600 off but still at 570.

Is there a trick. But it can't be just 570 off the must be a error in the system. I bought starting this year 18k miles for over 300.

Maybe someone has the same error and heard something from Qatar. They are really slow.

Thank you
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by BlueEgg
Read today in the Business Insider South Africa that despite the fact that the Qatar Ministry of Public Health has put South Africa, Mozambique and Zambia on their green list, Qatar Airways still insists on a face-shield being worn on top of a face mask during boarding. This applies to these three countries. Has anyone come across the same from other countries?
I fly Qatar Airways every 4 to 6 weeks between the mid-east and US. At the height of COVID everyone had to wear the face shields which they handed out to all passengers. But they have discontinued this AFAIK. I've not seen anyone wearing face shields on any Qatar flights in past few months.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX SL
Hello, following the new lounge acces rules, will I have access to AM lounge on a U fare redemption business class ticket booked through CX ?
Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by maxlmn
Hello, following the new lounge acces rules, will I have access to AM lounge on a U fare redemption business class ticket booked through CX ?
Thanks
Yes, redemption tickets include AM lounge access.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:39 am

Can someone check availability for me?
o don't have enough miles in the account

DXB-DOH-JFK
Departing Feb 24th at night
2 seats in business
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:21 pm

Website blues.

I am locked out of my account. When I click "Forgot password", I end up in a never-ending CAPTCHA loop.

I've been looking for a "technical support" place at the website, but nothing seems to match. Finally, I found a PC service centre where I can send them a message - it tells me to click on contact centre, but make sure I log in first
jah718 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 5:38 am

Hi everyone

Last summer I booked a pretty sweet deal with QR. A return BRU-HKG via DOH in C for about 1400eu pp.
The trip was supposed to happen about a month from now, but obviously, due to the situation in HKG, I will have to cancel.

I'd rather get my money back, instead of rebooking or receiving a voucher. The thing is, I decided to pay via Sofort, because I already maxed out my CC at the time of booking.

Does anyone know if asking for a refund will cause a problem in this case?

Thanks in advance for your advice! The QR Twitter team so far hasn't been very helpful...
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:24 am

Is anyone else just entirely unable to login in to their QRPC account today? I have been trying all day with no luck. It keeps saying password is incorrect, when it is 100% correct, then locked me out. Now the password reset won't work.

The amount of stress that QR's IT systems cause me every time is insane.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Is anyone else just entirely unable to login in to their QRPC account today? I have been trying all day with no luck. It keeps saying password is incorrect, when it is 100% correct, then locked me out. Now the password reset won't work.

Had the same problem yesterday. The account was blocked and after a few hours I could retry it. I choose a different system ( the error just happens if I used the mobile browser on my android phone).
Old Feb 20, 2022, 6:37 am

I just logged in without any issues.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:13 am

This sounds exactly like what happened to me.

I had to call PC service centre on the telephone (to contact them electronically, one needs to log in first ). They reset the password, and then it was OK.

They needed my PC number, and the way I normally know my number is by logging in. But I found it in one of the marketing emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.