Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:15 pm

Programs: QF WP, QF Lifetime Gold, SQ/*G, Velocity Rewards, IHG Rewards, Hilton Honours, Accor Le Club
Is the Emirates lounge still an option for WP on QF1 ?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by LifeTimeBronze
Is the Emirates lounge still an option for WP on QF1 ?
yes, if QF1 is on time. QR Premium lounge is also another option if you’re in a premium cabin if it’s open
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AY plat / OWE
Recent menus

Last and this week menus.
Only slight deviation and maybe just to good way.
Champagnes rather low level but I still like Taittinger. Cocktail ability out of listed is limited.
Squids better than very late memories from SYD/MEL lounges. Not too crispy at all.

Week 37 menu

Week 36 menu
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lowjhg
yes, if QF1 is on time. QR Premium lounge is also another option if you’re in a premium cabin if it’s open
I will be on QF1 later this year in Business class. May have enough time at SIN to check out both QF lounge and QR Premium lounge. Are they both located relatively close to each other, in T1? Which lounge is better in terms of food and service (drink is secondary)?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Both are in T1, QR near gate C21 (entrance is adjacent to EK lounge), Qantas First is 200 metres away to the East, near Marhaba lounge.

Note: the main concourse is level 2, you need to use lifts/escalators to access these lounges on level 3

If QF1/QF2 use C gates, use the Qatar lounge, if D gates then Qantas First.
Approx North-->

Access is:

Qantas First Lounge:
  • oneworld First PAX and guest
  • oneworld Emerald PAX and guest
  • Qantas Platinum One/Platinum PAX and guest travelling Jetstar
Qatar Lounge:
  • oneworld First PAX
  • oneworld Business PAX
TravelinWilly and eminere like this.

Last edited by serfty; Sep 20, 2022 at 1:15 am
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:41 pm

Some pics of food from lounge

Buffalo mozzarella with marinated eggplant and roast tomatoes.

Salt and pepper squid.

Crispy roast pork belly.

Barramundi with sambal brown butter.

Coconut sago mango pineapple.
Princess fiona and poopbunny like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:31 am

Signature crayfish Laksa with rice noodles. I think egg noodles would have made this perfect. My suggested beverage to pair this dish a Classic Margarita. Not on the menu, but they will make it on request. This sour and salty drink will cut through the spice!

Prawn wontons with vinegar and chili.

Chef Linda's shrimp paste Chicken Wings. I really enjoyed this and would eat it again.

Had a bit of a wine tasting of all the red wines. Hat's off to Qantas for having an open mind to include a non-Australian Rioja which was pretty decent.
og, work2fly, carrotjuice and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
What time does the lounge open now? is 230pm a safe bet?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by db07mufan
The Qantas website says 4 hours before each Qantas departure. I think 7.15pm is the first QF flight so 2.30pm probably isn't too far off.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by db07mufan
On Saturdays when there is no 6:40pm flight to PER the lounge does not open until 3:30pm. Other days, 2:30pm.

(First flight this Saturday is QF2 to SYD at 7:30pm)
moa999 likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 12, 2022 at 11:07 pm
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:26 pm

QF1

Originally Posted by serfty
If QF1/QF2 use C gates, use the Qatar lounge, if D gates then Qantas First.
Superb advice, Serfty, and exactly what I offer anybody on QF1 or QF2 who asks about lounge access (depending on status / class of travel of course).

The stopover times are relatively short – indeed, I've often felt I wouldn't mind another half-hour, especially given SIN's 'security at the boarding gate' system – so you want to maximise your lounge time, especially to avoid feeling stressed over the tight timing... the stopover should be a time for relaxing.

I've been quite impressed with the QR lounge and know many frequent flyers who rate this over the QF F lounge, so it's definitely worth a visit if the opportunity presents itself.
moa999 likes this.

Last edited by djsflynn; Dec 12, 2022 at 9:57 pm
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Superb advise, Serfty, and exactly what I offer anybody on QF1 or QF2 who asks about lounge access (depending on status / class of travel of course).

The stopover times are relatively short – indeed, I've often felt I wouldn't mind another half-hour, especially given SIN's 'security at the boarding gate' system – so you want to maximise your lounge time, especially to avoid feeling stressed over the tight timing... the stopover should be a time for relaxing.

I've been quite impressed with the QR lounge and know many frequent flyers who rate this over the QF F lounge, so it's definitely worth a visit if the opportunity presents itself.
Is it worth visiting QF J, BA or going to T4 for CX or all not necessary if one has access to QF F (and by default QR also).

You just recommend QF F & QR and not visiting any others ?

Also, I didnt even realize there was an EK lounge.. Is that worth a quick visit?

Just to clarify, both QR & EK can be accessed even if not on EK/QR metal?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Is it worth visiting QF J, BA or going to T4 for CX or all not necessary if one has access to QF F (and by default QR also).

You just recommend QF F & QR and not visiting any others ?

Also, I didnt even realize there was an EK lounge.. Is that worth a quick visit?

Just to clarify, both QR & EK can be accessed even if not on EK/QR metal?
Firstly, only QF/EK elites or PAX in QF/EK First/Business have access to the EK lounge before a QF/EK flight.

Secondly, EK Elites and EK First/Business only have access to the Qantas and Emirates lounges before a QF/EK flight - not a lounge of any other oneworld carrier.

The advice given in the relevant posts pertains mainly to those flying oneworld with only a brief time to visit any lounge, such as those having their short stopover in SIN while flying on QF1 from SYD to LHR to or QF2 from LHR to SYD.

If you have time, feel free to visit any of the lounges serving oneworld carrier that you may have access to. I know I do!
djsflynn likes this.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 13, 2022 at 12:04 am
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by serfty
Firstly, only QF/EK elites or PAX in QF/EK First/Business have access to the EK lounge before a QF/EK flight.

Secondly, EK Elites and EK First/Business only have access to the Qantas and Emirates lounges before a QF/EK flight - not a lounge of any other oneworld carrier.

The advice given in the relevant posts pertains mainly to those flying oneworld with only a brief time to visit any lounge, such as those having their short stopover in SIN while flying on QF1 from SYD to LHR to or QF2 from LHR to SYD.

If you have time, feel free to visit any of the lounges serving oneworld carrier that you may have access to. I know I do!
Thanks! I can have as much time as I want really as I will be coming in from a few days in Singapore. I think I followed what you were saying there but just to further clarify my situation...

Flying QF F SIN to SYD, I would be good to go all of the OW lounges with out any issues?

I know I want to go to QF F & QR but trying to decide if going to CX is worth it and also I need to do some research on EK as I didnt realize they even had a lounge there.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I know I want to go to QF F & QR but trying to decide if going to CX is worth it and also I need to do some research on EK as I didnt realize they even had a lounge there.
The QR and EK lounges entries are adjacent. (See the maps in post #35)

The EK lounge generally opens in the evenings after 5pm, the QR lounge at 6pm.

QF First from SIN to SYD suggests QF2 which currently boards after 6:45pm so your QR lounge time may be limited although if from a C gate you'd have a few extra minutes.

Note that SIN T1 uses gate security which you need to pass after leaving the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.