Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn
The 11-hour layover is at the moment (unless I've missed an update) only for this Tuesday's QF2, not an ongoing thing...
Oh I didn't realize its only for a day, but with all the LHR disruptions I think QF2 delays will be an ongoing issue...

Originally Posted by djsflynn
That particular 3K SIN-KUL has also become my girlfriend's semi-regular ride, I hope she's not rendered lounge-less ahead of her next flight.
There's still the Business class lounge which seemed pretty empty the few times I went this year. Although the food offerings (and even wine) isn't as good as before the First class lounge opened.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by lewin85
Oh I didn't realize its only for a day, but with all the LHR disruptions I think QF2 delays will be an ongoing issue...
Could well be the case, according to a Heathrow-to-airline document obtained by The Telegraph, the Heathrow caps will continue:
Until 31 August: 1,100
1 - 30 September: 1,150
1 - 29 October: 1,200
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...letter-reveals

So Qantas may well need to come up with some 'creative' solutions to this...

There's still the Business class lounge which seemed pretty empty the few times I went this year. Although the food offerings (and even wine) isn't as good as before the First class lounge opened.
Ah, of course, silly of me... yeah, the laksa there meets with her approval!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: NWA WorldPerks
Question on Accessing QF F lounge Changi SIN

Good day everyone,

I hold Oneworld Emerald status and plan to travel from SIN to KUL on Malaysia Airlines (MH) 610 flight which departs on 12.05am on July 29. Flight of this departure timing would mean I have to be at Changi on July 28 in the evening, or earlier with the early check-in services provided by Changi Airport.

I was reading the access policy on Oneworld website and it states - particularly the yellow highlighted portion:

Please may I ask if i would be able to access the QF F lounge on July 28, when MH610 departs on July 29?

Many thanks for your advice and much appreciated!

Regards, Perks of The World
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:53 pm

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by perks of the world
Good day everyone,

I hold Oneworld Emerald status and plan to travel from SIN to KUL on Malaysia Airlines (MH) 610 flight which departs on 12.05am on July 29. Flight of this departure timing would mean I have to be at Changi on July 28 in the evening, or earlier with the early check-in services provided by Changi Airport.

I was reading the access policy on Oneworld website and it states - particularly the yellow highlighted portion:

Please may I ask if i would be able to access the QF F lounge on July 28, when MH610 departs on July 29?

Many thanks for your advice and much appreciated!

Regards, Perks of The World
You’re overthinking it.

Yes you are.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:30 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat} I merged the last two posts into the existing master thread. [/mod hat]
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
You’re overthinking it.

Yes you are.
Very good to know! Thank you so much JClasstraveller!

Good day and be well always!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Presumably, perks of the world gained access as discussed.

I am happy to say there was no problem on entry. At 3:45 pm my 3K BP combined with my WP card resulted in a welcome with the advice they don't call [Jetstar] flights. (Saturdays with no QF72 the lounge opens 3:30pm)

Shower was great and the service has been attentive.

lewin85 may have travelled on a bad day.

I have posted some more photos and comments on AFF:

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....1/post-2413439
SW7London and djsflynn like this.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 31, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:20 am

Yes indeed serty. I was granted entry! Enjoyed the lounge totally!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY plat / OWE
Could we have here too recent menu updated.
Is menu changing quarterly or some other interval?
Unfortunately last time in SIN it was not yet opened but later on this year I try to enjoy fully. Even this 4h before first QF flight is really restricting "event"...
It is more than 2,5years visiting this nice QF SIN F lounge.
​​​​​​​
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by MongTrav
Could we have here too recent menu updated....
Check the link in post #22
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Check the link in post #22
I read lounge report before posting my wish. All photos OK in post itself bu in my mobile devices menu was fuzzy (unreadable) and when clicking picture bigger AFF reminds that I must lock in "You must be logged-in to do that"

Last edited by MongTrav; Aug 5, 2022 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 6, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by MongTrav
I read lounge report before posting my wish. All photos OK in post itself bu in my mobile devices menu was fuzzy (unreadable) and when clicking picture bigger AFF reminds that I must lock in "You must be logged-in to do that"
I sigin and copied photo. Sorry and hopefully it's working.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Hi all just wanted to ask will I get access on SIN-BKK-DOH w/ BKK-DOH in QR F?

I'm thinking the SIN-BKK on CX counts as the short haul under 5 hour flight connecting to a long haul F, as per OW rules.

Only thing is CX may not be resuming that 1 daily flight between SIN & BKK so my next question is if I fly SQ to get to BKK then I cant access QF F at SIN, or any OW lounge there right?

Still 7 months out on this but curious.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:15 am

Was in the QF F lounge recently. Menu doesn't seem to have changed, although I could have sworn one or two wines are different now.

Salt and pepper squid tasted good. It was really crispy - which actually led to a really odd problem, I had to eat with with a spoon because any attempt to stab it with a fork led to the crust disintegrating and coming off the piece of squid inside. The laksa was decent but the crayfish was either way overcooked, or not fresh at all.

Between the Emirates lounge (combined J/F) and this, I'd say that Emirates has better quality of food and wine, but it's all self-service. QF provides full service, but with "merely" above-average food - which is a shame for F.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:08 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Beepbop

Salt and pepper squid tasted good. It was really crispy - which actually led to a really odd problem, I had to eat with with a spoon because any attempt to stab it with a fork led to the crust disintegrating and coming off the piece of squid inside….
Fingers solve problems.
djsflynn likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.