Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:19 pm

Some recent dishes

The broccoli soup with accompanying sourdough toast was excellent.

The mochi cake has a beguiling texture - came highly recommended by the server.

Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
The broccoli soup with accompanying sourdough toast was excellent.

With an Old-Fashioned?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
With an Old-Fashioned?
QF2, of course!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:33 am

Qantas First lounge access in Singapore?

I'll soon be travelling with my parents and partner from London to Sydney via Singapore. We have a few hours of layover there. The flights were booked with BA, in First class. All flights are with BA, with the exception of the outbound flight from Singapore -> Sydney, which is with Qantas. Since First was apparently not available on this leg, we we've been booked into business class on the Qantas plane, however the fare type on BA.com is still listed as 'First' for the Qantas flight. When I log in to manage the booking on the Qantas website though, the fare type is not mentioned, but the travel class is 'Business (J)'.

My question is: will we be able to access the Qantas first lounge in Singapore?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I am not sure on the exact rule, and you could always ask. Or just go to the QR lounge which as it is F/J only is a very nice lounge - and is my preferred as it is a lounge rather than a dining room.
As it is a BA F ticket you could also try the BA Concorde Bar which has been improving lately. BA typically allow access to their F lounges with an arriving flight. And email to You First would provide clarification there - they usually respond in 24 hours.
TheRealBabushka and eminere like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Moving the previous two posts into the SIN master thread. [/mod hat]
Old Oct 18, 2023, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by eagles01596
My question is: will we be able to access the Qantas first lounge in Singapore?
According to the oneworld lounge access rules, you should be able to:
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights: First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 06:00am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight. You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eagles01596
All flights are with BA, with the exception of the outbound flight from Singapore -> Sydney, which is with Qantas.
As it is a BA ticket, you may wish to keep an eye on BA15. The loads have been all over the place lately in F with it zeroed out for weeks, then opened and almost empty. My last flight was 3/8 even with the SYD desk trying hard to push paid upgrades.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
I am not sure on the exact rule, and you could always ask. Or just go to the QR lounge which as it is F/J only is a very nice lounge - and is my preferred as it is a lounge rather than a dining room.
As it is a BA F ticket you could also try the BA Concorde Bar which has been improving lately. BA typically allow access to their F lounges with an arriving flight. And email to You First would provide clarification there - they usually respond in 24 hours.
The service at the QF First lounge in Singapore is a lot more convivial, with gracious host and hostess. The Qatar lounge, has perhaps more elaborate food options, but it does feel a bit sterile with service subservient and limited banter - It was a language and comportment issue.

I recalled an incident at the Qatar SIN lounge where a guest had helped himself to a packaged Qatar wet wipes for consumption outside the lounge. Staff had informed him of his misdemeanour but the situation escalated very quickly and unnecessarily in my view, as the lounge staff didn't have the communication skills to handle it well. Such a shame.

I really do admire the training of the SIN QF First lounge staff and their ability to engage with guests. It was almost Singapore Airlines quality of service.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 5:04 am

Everyone’s experience is different, and I get what you mean about QR, it is better food, drinks and service but more robotic compared to QF and esp BAs CCB. They also do tend to really watch you, follow and make suggestions. Nothing untoward, I believe they want to help, but the staff to pax ratio is so high that they may notice little things as you point out.

when I was last in the QF lounge a week ago, I tried to like it, I really tried. Food was good, actually I liked it far more than SYD/MEL, hosts were gracious, showers were good although water pressure is much lower than the J lounge. If you stay away from the wine, the drinks were good. Fresh interesting mock and cocktails.

on the downside, to me, it still has that food hall like quality. In that the small couch area fills quickly, people hang about at the tables as there is nowhere else, it gets loud, hard surfaces, people taking zoom calls, it is acoustically poorly designed. I really just don’t want to sit at a table like a Westfield food court for 2-3 hours looking at crumbs, and being annoyed by others. Just was not relaxing. If travelling in a group or a family would have been more fun. As I would have been making the noise ;-) call me the Grinch.

KF
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 5:34 pm

Everyone’s experience is different, and I get what you mean about QR, it is better food, drinks and service but more robotic compared to QF and esp BAs CCB. They also do tend to really watch you, follow and make suggestions. Nothing untoward, I believe they want to help, but the staff to pax ratio is so high that they may notice little things as you point out.

when I was last in the QF lounge a week ago, I tried to like it, I really tried. Food was good, actually I liked it far more than SYD/MEL, hosts were gracious, showers were good although water pressure is much lower than the J lounge. If you stay away from the wine, the drinks were good. Fresh interesting mock and cocktails.

on the downside, to me, it still has that food hall like quality. In that the small couch area fills quickly, people hang about at the tables as there is nowhere else, it gets loud, hard surfaces, people taking zoom calls, it is acoustically poorly designed. I really just don’t want to sit at a table like a Westfield food court for 2-3 hours looking at crumbs, and being annoyed by others. Just was not relaxing. If travelling in a group or a family would have been more fun. As I would have been making the noise ;-) call me the Grinch.

KF
Horses for courses! But isn’t it just great that oneworld pax have that level of choice at what is at the end of the day a Star Alliance hub? Few airports/airlines offer that “free port” ethos, rather tending to favour their home airline. Besides SIN, I think it’s only LHR that offers the same extent of choices, and to a lesser degree SYD.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:09 pm

I second this. It's an extra five minute walk (depending on how mobile you are) but the QR lounge is a superior experience in my opinion to the offerings in the QF F or BA lounge.
eminere likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 2:32 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jja34-1
I second this. It's an extra five minute walk (depending on how mobile you are) but the QR lounge is a superior experience in my opinion to the offerings in the QF F or BA lounge.
I completely agree. The QR lounge is by far the best OW lounge in Changi for food and drinks, I would go so far as saying its the best lounge in Changi hand down (even compared to SQ Pvt Room). I also agree with other comments that OW and Emirates (who can use QF lounges) are tremendously well served in T1 allowing for great lounge hopping if you have the time.
eminere likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 5:39 pm

Linda Sim, chef at QF F lounge SIN

Nice profile of the face behind the dishes, which many of us here have fondly enjoyed:

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia...da-sim-388631?

Last edited by carrotjuice; May 2, 2024 at 3:51 pm
Old May 7, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
QF F at SIN was nice and (relatively) quiet last night, as QF2 had been re-timed/cancelled and was running about 16hrs late.

Not sure if as a result, or if I just got it on a good day, but I had exceptional service from two lovely ladies in the main dining area, very attentive and helpful with suggestions.

Ordinarily my order would be S&P Squid + Laksa, but I was keen to have something different, so went for the broccolini salad (which was tasty, not exceptional) -- the barramundi dish (especially the Jiang xi sauce) was really great though. When I commented that I really liked the sauce, I was brought a small bowl with a load more of it which was lip smackingly good.

I was thinking about the sorbet for dessert but it was suggested that I try the banana fritter - it was absolutely brilliant - the pandan and ginger flavours worked perfectly to cut through the rich fried banana. Apologies no photo of this.

I agree that the wine list was unremarkable, I went with the champagne. The "non-colada" was pretty unremarkable; tasted just like water with a couple of bits of pineapple in it.

After the meal I went to the QR lounge to shower and relax. I had a ~6hr layover so did have a later bite in the QR lounge but have to say personally I didn't think the dishes were as impressive or flavours as good as what I'd had earlier. They were out of the Satay skewers, so I had some sushi and garlic prawns -- both were ok but nothing amazing. With the help of the enthusiastic barman I enjoyed a campari spritz (though using tattinger in a spritz is extra).
Attached Images     
Singapore_Air likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.