Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is this even permitted under OW rules?
Yep. See here: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges

Some lounges may get busy at peak times, and access to them may be restricted as a result.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
For those in premium cabins, the QR lounge is the best anyway.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Interesting!

I have 5 hour layover in a few weeks time and thinking of visiting the city but if not why is the QR lounge better than QF F? The food? Shower facilities?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
QR lounge is open from around 5.30pm. Ok it does not say “First” but, the QF lounges outside of AU are more like a emerald lounge. IMHO

QR sin lounge for me wins on
- Empty, it is only for premium passengers as you cannot get in as OWE. I am there on a stop over, I do not want crowds or to wait.
- better food - although it suffers from no regional dishes, and of course being ME orientated, but if you want Singapore theme this is not the place.
- better wine and champagne (e.g. bolly)
- better and more attentive service.
- can always find a seat etc

i also get a sense of novelty, esp on the way out as I would have spent time in the QF lounges in Mel or Syd, so a QR lounge is a little different. I might feel differently on the return, but QF is always jammed.

on the downside, it is a little soulless, and the flight monitors are strangely hidden - so if not on the QR flight I get a little jumpy as my time clock is out.

no idea on showers but as there are maybe 2-5 groups of people there at the same time as the BA and QF bank of flights it is not like there is a wait.

I would still visit the city over the lounge, it is not really worth spending more than an hour or so - as per almost any lounge.

KF
Old Dec 13, 2022, 8:14 pm

Yes the QR lounge menu is good, and it changes periodically unlike the QF F lounge. So if you're bored of salt and pepper squid, that's where you should go.

But it doesn't have the signature QF2 cocktail and crayfish laksa which I firmly believe is the best in Changi (yes, they cook the broth in-house and is even better than that served at SQ lounges on their home turf)!
spizzy, poopbunny and eminere like this.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Dec 14, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:28 am

QF Changi First class lounge

Flying JAL business both of us OW Emerald can we use the QF first class lounge? Is it nicest one in CHG for one world?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:49 am

Yes you can use the QF F lounge as long as you are there during opening hours which I think is from 3pm. I find it gets quite busy and is canteen like with force feeding of people and very few places to sit other than the cafeteria - but many differ in that opinion.

Personally I prefer the QR lounge which you can enter as you are flying in business class - it is not a OWE lounge. It is open from about 5.30pm.

The QF business lounge is good for showers, and BA is mostly worth missing.

KF
serfty likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:57 am

Yes you can use the QF F lounge as long as you are there during opening hours which I think is from 3pm. I find it gets quite busy and is canteen like with force feeding of people and very few places to sit other than the cafeteria - but many differ in that opinion.

Personally I prefer the QR lounge which you can enter as you are flying in business class - it is not a OWE lounge. It is open from about 5.30pm.

The QF business lounge is good for showers, and BA is mostly worth missing.

KF
Thanks for the quick reply. any experience with the mahambra (Sp) lounge JAL/finnair?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 2:49 am

I went there during covid when no other lounge was open. It is a standard paid airport lounge, drinks, some snacks, I would rate it below QR, QF F, BA, QF J. That’s is my order of the OW lounges in the C/D piers. There may be a CX lounge in there, but I have never been.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 7:10 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Merging the previous 3 posts with the existing Master Thread [/mod hat]
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
I went there during covid when no other lounge was open. It is a standard paid airport lounge, drinks, some snacks, I would rate it below QR, QF F, BA, QF J. That’s is my order of the OW lounges in the C/D piers. There may be a CX lounge in there, but I have never been.
CX Lounge is situated in the separate T4 (and - from memory - you need a T4 departing BP to access). NB: this lounge is not due to re-open until Feb 22nd.

Regards,

BD
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Thanks for the quick reply. any experience with the mahambra (Sp) lounge JAL/finnair?
I would stick to the QF F lounge or QR Lounge, by far the best lounges in T1 (if not all of Changi). The Marhaba Lounge is a generic lounge that does not even come close in terms of comfort and F&B.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 5:09 am

Good call

Thanks all good call in Qantas F lounge very nice great food, outstanding service, peaceful and elegant . Not crowded at all two of the Qantas flights already departed. Great to have one world emerald. Also nice to use priority pass in changi lounge in the jewels since JAL hasn’t opened early checkin yet to dump bags or enter the transit area early. Substandard on JAL should have at least for business and first
djsflynn likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:54 pm

I'm planning to visit soon during evening peak flying MH. Has anyone had any recent experience with being denied entry due to crowding?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by RealtimeY
I'm planning to visit soon during evening peak flying MH. Has anyone had any recent experience with being denied entry due to crowding?
I have come across no such reports recently.

I have a 3K flight one evening next week, I'll report back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.