Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 16, 2023, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
Why? Details?
Just now from Flightaware:

Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Originally Posted by serfty
Not a good night. They are expecting two QF2's through this evening after yesterday's turned around over Budapest and went back to LHR.

if you are in business class, the QR lounge opens very shortly.
Unfortunately in Economy this evening. So the J lounge it is.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by db07mufan
Unfortunately in Economy this evening. So the J lounge it is.
Qf J lounge will be packed. Why not check out the EK lounge which will be sparsely occupied?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Unfortunately just picked the wrong night.

As above QF2 did a return to London last night, with pax out up on hotels, and those in SIN mostly delayed for 24hrs.

So the lounge will be very much full today with a QF2 and I'm assuming a QF2D operating.

Last edited by moa999; Jul 16, 2023 at 5:04 am
Old Jul 16, 2023, 6:01 am

Add the fact QF82 SIN-SYD is an A380 today as well...... so 3x QF A380s (VH-OQB,VH-OQH,VH-OQI) all on their way to SYD within a few hours of each other tonight...
trooper likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 9:10 pm

Here's the current SIN F Lounge menu.

Sadly the Linda's prawn paste chicken wings is gone. I rate this above the SIN squid. This was the signature entree dish for QF SIN Flounge not the squid.

Both the coconut mango sorbet and Milo panna cotta was good, if I had to pick between the two, it would be the panna cotta.

Linda's seafood noodles. It was ok. I would not order it again.

Milo Panna cotta

Mango coconut sorbet. It would be interesting to see the process behind this dessert, served as a single block, the two flavours split diagonally.

Last edited by poopbunny; Sep 2, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:20 am

Who is Linda... of the seafood Hokkien noodles fame?

Agree the har cheong kai is better than the salt and pepper squid.

And seems they have added nasi lemak too as an additional local dish.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
If you hold the anchovies the beef rendang is pretty good, with a side of local greens and a glass of rose.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Who is Linda... of the seafood Hokkien noodles fame?

Agree the har cheong kai is better than the salt and pepper squid.

And seems they have added nasi lemak too as an additional local dish.
https://www.australianfrequentflyer...._id=14_09_2023

I was gutted the shrimp paste chicken wings wasn't available. Had I known, I would have had my fix at New Ubin @ CHIJMES prior to departing SIN. I know it's probably available at many places, but I've only eaten it there and it was pretty good.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Haven't booked it yet, but - 3K out of SIN - haven't flown them since the move to T4. If I go and checkin as normal in T4, can I get the bus to the main terminals and use the Flounge? I know in theory I can, but will they let me through the gates into the airside area? Of course assuming the flight times coincide with opening hours, all stars aligning, etc..

It seems logical based on the price and duration to book 3K, but I'm considering MH as a backup just in case.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I would have thought the best bet would be to checkin at T4, go through to the gates/security/immigration, then take the shuttle bus to C21. That way you stay airside as a "transit" passenger. Or?
djsflynn and guesswho2000 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
I would have thought the best bet would be to checkin at T4, go through to the gates/security/immigration, then take the shuttle bus to C21. That way you stay airside as a "transit" passenger. Or?
Thanks. Yeah I figured check in at T4 first, get a physical boarding pass and take it from there. Is there airside transit between T4 and the others? If not I know there's the bus landside (I think?) as I've connected CX-EK before, but this was pre-pandemic.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
My assumption is the Transit Shuttle Bus is what you want - scroll down
https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...and-jewel.html

But I have no idea if they check BPs to go to T3 - I guess you could always say you do not have one and need to checkin in to QF/BA/QR/MH etc in T3

KF
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by guesswho2000
Thanks. Yeah I figured check in at T4 first, get a physical boarding pass and take it from there. Is there airside transit between T4 and the others?
There is, a mate of mine did exactly this a few weeks ago - checked into T4 for his CX flight, then caught an airside shuttle bus to T1 for a spell at the QF F lounge. He said signage at T4 wasn't great, though, and I think he said the shuttle bus drops you near the top of T1's C gates pier.

(If they happen to ask you why you want to go from T4 to T1 – not that I'd expect such to be asked – you could always say for some shopping or to meet a colleague who's also flying.)

guesswho2000 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:08 am

Mango coconut sorbet. It would be interesting to see the process behind this dessert, served as a single block, the two flavours split diagonally.
Pretty easy one todo. Fill a mould diagonally with one sorbet, then fill with other. They would pre do this in large batches and store them in the freezer.

When it’s service time if it’s a silicone mould they would be easy to release. In a metal mould applying some heat on the outside of the mould will help release the sorbet.

After that pour on the sauce and finish with the garnish.

Last edited by Aidan; Sep 25, 2023 at 6:15 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.