Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
Access to this lounge as at June '22:

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-experience/at-the-airport/airport-lounges/qantas-lounge-access-eligibility.html#international-first-lounge

Qantas Platinum/Platinum One
  • Qantas flight number
  • Emirates flight number
  • oneworld® flight number
  • Jetstar
oneworld® Emerald
  • oneworld® flight number (oneworld operated)
oneworld® First Passenger
  • oneworld ® flight number (oneworld operated)
Print Wikipost

Singapore / SIN Qantas First Lounge [Master Thread]

Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
T4 is a completely separate terminal building and getting there airside is quite a track (if still possible at all when not strictly departing from that terminal?).
I had a T4 - Tother connection pre-Covid once and that already seemed to confuse them a lot when getting to the transfer bus...

CX lounge is a decent lounge but imho not worth the effort going there when instead you have QF and / or QR to choose from.
moa999 and djsflynn like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
The QR and EK lounges entries are adjacent. (See the maps in post #35)

The EK lounge generally opens in the evenings after 5pm, the QR lounge at 6pm.

QF First from SIN to SYD suggests QF2 which currently boards after 6:45pm so your QR lounge time may be limited although if from a C gate you'd have a few extra minutes.

Note that SIN T1 uses gate security which you need to pass after leaving the lounge.
Thanks for the info. So sounds like QF F for me with maybe a quick peek at EK and QR.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
Originally Posted by SirToby
T4 is a completely separate terminal building and getting there airside is quite a track (if still possible at all when not strictly departing from that terminal?).
I had a T4 - Tother connection pre-Covid once and that already seemed to confuse them a lot when getting to the transfer bus...

CX lounge is a decent lounge but imho not worth the effort going there when instead you have QF and / or QR to choose from.
Ok thanks. Was just looking up getting to & from T4. Does look very complicated and long. Sounds like T1 will have plenty of lounge hopping for me. Changi seems as good or almost as good as T3 at LHR, as far as OW lounges.

Is there any reason to explore T2 and/or T3? Not for lounges as I wouldnt have any to use there but to explore Changi
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:22 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Is there any reason to explore T2 and/or T3? Not for lounges as I wouldnt have any to use there but to explore Changi
IIRC SIN T2 is mostly closed. My SQ arrival a few weeks ago had us walking through T2. Signage basically says keep walking, nothing here.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by og
IIRC SIN T2 is mostly closed. My SQ arrival a few weeks ago had us walking through T2. Signage basically says keep walking, nothing here.
Things may have changed a day or two ago.

From this week SQ Southeast Asia destination flights began operating out of T2.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...rport-check-in

The T2 KrisFlyer lounge has reopened.
og likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:16 pm

On visiting the SIN T1 QF F lounge before a CX flight from T4: it used to be doable pre-pandemic (things may have changed), I recall this being a popular question so we looked in to it and had this article covering the process: https://www.executivetraveller.com/h...cathay-pacific

A key observation:
A mobile boarding pass on your smartphone, or a boarding pass you've printed at home or the office, won't suffice for entering T1 when your flight departs from T4 unless it's been sighted and stamped by an airport check-in agent. This step is important, as you will be turned away from T1 if your Cathay Pacific boarding pass hasn't been endorsed by a relevant airport official.
Also of course you've got to be on a CX flight which leaves during the QF F lounge's opening hours (so we're talking a late arvo or evening flight). So if you're really keen to sample the QF F (and QR) lounge and have plenty of time (eg checked out of your hotel, had lunch and really will just be biding time until your flight), then sure thing; otherwise, one might question if this is worth the extra a trouble.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Qantas Singapore International First Lounge Operating Hours?

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/qantas-...st-lounge.html

Lounge operating hours are four hours before each Qantas operated service until the last Qantas departure.
Why can't QF post the actual opening and closing times online? As an OWE, I want to visit the plunge and maximize my time there. Anyone here know?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Because QF built the lounge too small and would prefer if OWE did not use the lounge. Only those on QF flights. Hence if you can checkin or transit on a QF flight you will find it open, and no need to publish details……
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF WP & Life Gold, Accor Gold, HH Gold
While a little off topic I had an interesting situation a few weeks back transiting through SIN from CGK so first leg on Jetstar under QF flight No then onto QF72 as WP in J the F lounge closed and the J open although refused entry as it was full due to a delayed QF2. So even though WP traveling in J told no entry and to wait a few hours until the F lounge opened. Reasonable maybe as it was outside the normal hours of the lounge although no other Oneworld lounges open. At least plenty of options in the airport to fill in the couple of hours although still felt disappointed in the outcome.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: QF Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Diamond
I think on most evenings the first Qantas operated flights depart around 7:15pm, which means the lounge would open around 3:15pm.
lsquare and eminere like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Visited the lounge a few days ago and was really impressed with the service. The staff were all professional and friendly at the same time. The food selection was very good (had the chicken wings and roast pork belly). Also tried the mood lighting in the shower suite which was cool.

Chicken wings

Roast pork belly

Shower suite mood lighting
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Nov 7, 2022 at 10:35 am
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thanks for the info. So sounds like QF F for me with maybe a quick peek at EK and QR.
Having been to the EK lounge last week I’d probably give it a miss. Nice enough lounge, but nothing to go out of your way for.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:54 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat} Moving this to the Singapore Lounge Master Thread. [/mod hat]
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:33 pm

I’m on QF1 SYD-LHR, so not sure if 1:45 stopover will be enough time to try this out.

However, if it is, does anyone know if they have any gluten free option? I find it difficult in Asian locations with soy sauce in a lot of things.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by likethis
I’m on QF1 SYD-LHR, so not sure if 1:45 stopover will be enough time to try this out.

However, if it is, does anyone know if they have any gluten free option? I find it difficult in Asian locations with soy sauce in a lot of things.
1:45 should give you about an hour of lounge time, maybe a fraction less. Time for a shower and a quick bite. Most QF lounges have a GF option. Not sure how extensive that is at SIN F.
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.