Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL QF's 330's to get lay flight Business seating - Including Domestic

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
Going to be going between SYD and PER quite a bit in Feb next year. Are there any particular flights to book to be guaranteed lie flat?
Flightradar24 web version or theqantassource jet tracker will show you regos (and fitouts) for flights over the last 7 days/ month plus. At the moment nothing is guaranteed
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Nothing is gauranteed, even on the day.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Just flew QF577, SYD-PER. Plane was new configuration in Business. Very nice product. Food and service were top notch. Entertainment system was have problems.

Only advice- if you want to sit next to someone special, get the first 3 rows, for aisle/aisle. Otherwise they don't match up. Mrs BlueZebra had 4E, which was one row in front of me in 4A. And on our 30th wedding anniversary trip!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Just flew QF577, SYD-PER. Plane was new configuration in Business. Very nice product. Food and service were top notch. Entertainment system was have problems.

Only advice- if you want to sit next to someone special, get the first 3 rows, for aisle/aisle. Otherwise they don't match up. Mrs BlueZebra had 4E, which was one row in front of me in 4A. And on our 30th wedding anniversary trip!

I was on QF571 last week in Row 3J and my wife was in 3K which looks on the seat map to be side by side across the aisle but was in reality one row behind me.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC

I was on QF571 last week in Row 3J and my wife was in 3K which looks on the seat map to be side by side across the aisle but was in reality one row behind me.
They would save a lot of time and effort and discontent if they would simply renumber the window seats to be what everyone expects them to be.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by SponsorSFC

I assume you were in 3F ( there is no 3J). They probably don't want to renumber so as to make substitutions between -200 and -300s easier. The seats are more aligned in the -300.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Airvan00
I assume you were in 3F ( there is no 3J). They probably don't want to renumber so as to make substitutions between -200 and -300s easier. The seats are more aligned in the -300.
You are right we were originally booked in J&K (was showing old config at the time) but I was actually in F.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:21 pm

When can you tell you will get the new config? On check in? Boarding? Any earlier?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by bmchris
When can you tell you will get the new config? On check in? Boarding? Any earlier?
By viewing the seatmaps you can see what is scheduled.... but of course this can change at any time up till boarding
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Hoping to do an on departure type upgrade with points from econ to biz domestic but will check in the lounge and hopefully they can confirm the configuration (surely once the incoming plane hits the gates it shouldn't change!), otherwise, does anyone know if the arm rests go up on the 4 across? Fingers crossed there's a chance of one or the other given it's a red eye. Is it still the same amount of points to use as classic reward upgrades? (Classic reward upgrades have closed for the flight)
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Damn. 3 days out and my QF577 seat map has changed from new config back to old config.

Fingers crossed for a last minute change. (Is anybody from scheduling reading this forum? If you are - a shiny new one for Saturday's 577 would be nice thanks.)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
I am on QF61 late Dec and prior to flight time schedule change seat map was show new config and now it is showing old config - I thought the BNE/NRT was guaranteed new config? When I made original booking in May it was old config, so at this point has changed from old to new back to old....
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:19 pm

Nothing seems guaranteed the new config, and always need flexibility for last minute changes.

QF61 has had it more often than not - 25 out of last 30 services, and last 9 straight based on Qantas Tracker at theqantassource.com
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Has anyone had any difficulty charging devices on the new business suites? Like apple?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have an upcoming flight on the 333. Original seat config was shown as the new version (T-6 months). At T-3 months it swapped to the old config. At T-1 week it swapped to the new config. . But of interest, the "auto seating" on first booking was 2EF. We moved to 2K and 3K. Upon change to the old config, I selected window/aisle seats. Then upon reversion to the new config our original 2K and 3K seats were reassigned (even though our profiles say aisle/aisle and we seem to be automatically assigned centre block seats to is satisfy this profile request).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.